Can someone explain why Joe Rogan never competed in UFC or Jiu Jitsu tourneys?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He talked about fighting someone in UFC 12 years ago, Wesley Snipes was the guy he wanted

Joe has a very nasty side kick and is pretty strong he always talks about pushing himself physically on his podcast yet he never competed in any BJJ tourneys.

Rogan kept making excuses but loved boasting about his tae kwon do, I think he was honestly scared sorta like if he started competing and lost or looked like shit his ego would be tarnished but his image of a martial arts guy would take a huge hit.

Also why did he never compete in BJJ tourneys they have a senior circuit?

Didn't Al Bundys old ass even compete in a tourney I think Rener and Rorion told him if he doesn't do at least one tourney he wont get his belt or something so he competed.

Even CM Punk who is garbage had the balls to fight,

Sean Patrick Flannery the actor from boondock saints is legit with his jits, unlike Rogan he had the balls to compete he was trained for a while under Rickson but mostly under Henry Atkins Rondas ex boyfriend.

SPF also teaches Jiu jitsu and goes to different schools and like Rogan enjoys the art and rolls often.

Maybe Joe can challenge Sean Patrick Flanery to a jiu jitsu fight in Metamoris or polaris? that would be fun to watch and win or lose people would still respect Joe both guys are around the same age and in shape

Both are black belts Joe under Eddie Bravo
11199594_103454119988099_1037461724_n.jpg

sean-patrick-flanery-sean-patrick-flanery-works-out-in-his-hollywood-JWMBMG.jpg

If not BJJ Id love to see Joe Rogan who is similar age to Mario Lopez have a smoker boxing fight with him at Wild card, here is Mario Lopez from 2006 at wild card fighting in a smoker when Roach used to host them.

Last edited:
Why put your body through hell when you can make loads of money other ways.

Thinly veiled Rogan hate thread

and he was competing in TKD competitions back in the 80s

Majority of BJJ practitioners do not compete. People do it for fun or self defense not just to prove something to someone. Joe does it for fun and to understand fight game. Why does it bother you so much? did he make you look beta in front of your gf?

I can't knock Rogan for never competing at the highest levels, he's been unbelievably successful elsewhere.

Besides, he's been using PEDs and smoking for years, to expect him to pass the whiz quiz is asking a lot.

UFC came like 5-10 years too late for Joe, he was already making a crazy amount of money, plus he was afraid of CTE before it was CTE.

Didn't joe say something about how he hates competing in the gi and much prefers no gi? Could be wrong on this.

Plus he's pretty damn old now too

Because he looks like a thumb, and who wants to see thumb wrestling?

Hes competed not many times in mma he was a kickboxer he doesnt want to fuck his body up

Hes competed not many times in mma he was a kickboxer he doesnt want to fuck his body up
And he fell in love with comedy so there was no reason to

Majority of BJJ practitioners do not compete. People do it for fun or self defense not just to prove something to someone. Joe does it for fun and to understand fight game. Why does it bother you so much? did he make you look beta in front of your gf?
Was gonna comment, but basically this.

Why put your body through hell when you can make loads of money other ways.
Becauseon his podcast he always boasts about putting himself through tough situations physically and how he loves training jitsu wouldnt a guy who has promoted stuff like this by having tough guy guests who do grueling jobs and sports to test their limit try it himself?

Even Bryan Callen at his age does smoker fights under featherweight boxing legend Wayne McCullough, I know its not a legit fight but a lot of those smokers can get heated I seen one with Mario Lopez at wild card with freddie roach from 2006 before the cops warned Roach to stop doing them

Even Lopez has the balls and this is Lopez who is an actor and top TV host doing shit like this a real pretty boy, while Rogan talks about it but never likes to test himself. I think Rogan said he was afraid of concussions or something.

Back