Can someone explain to me what is supposed to make the matrix a “good movie”?

First one was nerdy fun masquerading as deep philosophical and social statement. Rewatching now, Keanu is as bad an actor as ever and kinda ruins things unless you can bracket his awfulness. The second and third movies were as bad as the star wars follow-ups. Such a disappointing waste.

Good looking woman in tight outfit with big boobs I wanted to see naked.

Has any other movie made good use of the Bullet Time camera setup?

I was and first time I tried to watch the matrix I was a teenager and that was early mid 00s. Went over to my buddies house for the night and we watched Hulk (2003) before I fell asleep during the matrix.

Between watching those two steaming piles of shit I was turned off action/sci fi movies for years

You watched Hulk all the way through but not the Matrix?

<Deported1>

I don't understand the concept of falling asleep during a movie unless it's at night and I'm tired. Especially for an action movie.

You watched Hulk all the way through but not the Matrix?

<Deported1>

I don't understand the concept of falling asleep during a movie unless it's at night and I'm tired. Especially for an action movie.
Not falling asleep, but i've literally tried watching Bourne Identity half a dozen times, and I always turn it off during random action scenes throughout the movie. Step your choerography/camera game up, whoever you are

iirc the Bourne series is super critically acclaimed too? Things have truly fallen off since Matrix 1

The simple answer is I watched it and really like it. That makes it a good movie.

I really like The 13th floor. But The Matrix is much better.

I was and first time I tried to watch the matrix I was a teenager and that was early mid 00s. Went over to my buddies house for the night and we watched Hulk (2003) before I fell asleep during the matrix.

Between watching those two steaming piles of shit I was turned off action/sci fi movies for years
sounds like youre depressed

matrix seemed like it was trying to be deeper than it really was

First one had a lot of good things going for it.

-Innovative special effects with bullet time.
-Hollywood bringing a mix of HK and Anime action influences to film.
-There was the introduction of gadget culture with the Nokia cell phones.
-The fashion with the sunglasses/coats/tight outfits it was a good mix of chick and geeky.
-While the story may sound prettentius, the film could be enjoyed as a action thriller, the sequels.

these two goofs handled success well eh? lol
GvlEJq1.jpg

I'd have to mirror that sentiment. I was in my late teens. This movie had us questioning our reality and place in the world. In recent years, there's been science to suggest that it is far more likely that we are living in a simulation than reality. It's such an odd and scary prospect that I try not to think about it and jusy live the life I have.

Enjoying your steak?

In all seriousness this whole 'we are living in simulation' thing is gaining some momentum and you can get lost thinking about it. Maybe that explains ghosts and UFOs...glitches

Watched it again recently. Still holds up.

Back