Can someone explain the "McTapper" name thing?

Its similar to Tony Fergusons nickname el roadrunner. When things didn't go his way against Michael Johnson he started running away like little girl

he broke his arm in the first (requiring surgery + a metal plate in it) and still spent the next two rounds throwing punches with it

Conor taps the second a sub is close to being locked in

Conrad is the GOAT conor nickname

vast majority of the rest suck

I don't understand this. Literally every single person who has ever trained grappling even once in their life has tapped. It's literally not possible to not tap when you're training, especially when you're new. Khabib himself has tapped over tens of thousands of times in his life.

McGregor is a bum and should have rematched Aldo and gotten his ass kicked but that's a different story. Why do these guys call him "McTapper"? Everyone taps. Literally every single fighter that you have ever watched has tapped numerous times in their life. It's just a thing that happens when you train fighting. I don't get it.
Yes, Conor taps to get out of fights because he gives up. Other guys prefer to fight the choke. Conor tapped against Khabib when the choke wasn't under the chin. He gave up. Contrast it with this. All taps aren't created equal.

Not under the chin
SPORT-PREVIEW-50-Cent-McGregor.jpg

There's no such thing as "tapping early". When a submission is sunk in there is no possibility of breaking out of it. There's no way to get out a rear naked when it's in. This is why Poirier tapped immediately when Khabib sunk the choke in, much faster than any of the taps that McGregor did when he was locked, but no one mocks Poirier for it, nor should they.
Either you are uninformed or trolling, but please watch the end of the McGregor - Diaz fight #1. McGregor made no effort to grab Nate's hands/wrists and absolutely let Nate sink in a choke without opposition. That is quitting early. On the same card Holly Holm fought against the RNC from Miesha Tate and eventually got submitted. McGregor gave up and quit quickly rather than try to fight through adversity whereas Holly tried to fight through the adversity, but still got submitted from a tight choke. Quitting early is not the same thing as fighting and defending with every ounce of your being.

Last edited:
1. When people call him Mctapper, they intention is not to disrespect everyone who taps. Their intention is to disrespect Mcgregor specifically, because he held a self-proclaimed aura of invincibility for many years. It's a shot at his over inflated ego to show him that he is human.

2. Where is your proof that Khabib has ever tapped once let alone "ten thousand times"? You can't make absolute claims without backing them up with any sort of evidence other than your word (hint: when you have zero experiences with him your word doesn't mean much.) His actual coach Javier Mendez attests to this fact. You admit that he is a supremely dominant grappler and therefore if he dominates everyone it is not far fetched that he is never in a position where he feels he has to tap. Porier attempted a guillotine and not for a second did Khabib consider it. Conor from his record of early taps would have done so by then.

2. "In my experience the only people calling him Mctapper are muslims who only started watching MMA last year." You are framing yourself as someone who uses logic and reasoning, yet here you are making mass generalizations. First of all as another poster pointed out, guys like Tony Ferguson and Jorge Masvidal are on record for using the term and as far as we know they are not muslims, and they did not just start watching mma this year. Other childish quotes from you in this thread include "I am smarter than you." and "I can kick your ass". So you respond to ad hominems with ad hominems. Your response to this will likely be "he started it!"

Nobody will ever admit it

But mostly irrational haters who's never grapple

I've never heard anyone immersed into the Jiu jitsu or grappling world say it seriously, because it's a pretty dumb thing to make fun of unless you've never actually been in there

Last edited:
Either you or uninformed or trolling, but please watch the end of the McGregor - Diaz fight #1. McGregor made no effort to grab Nate's hands/wrists and absolutely let Nate sink in a choke without opposition. That is quitting early. On the same card Holly Holm fought against the RNC from Miesha Tate and eventually got submitted. McGregor gave up and quit quickly rather than try to fight through adversity whereas Holly tried to fight through the adversity, but still got submitted from a tight choke. Quitting early is not the same thing as fighting and defending with every ounce of your being.
Lol..

Don't think you know what your talking about here bro

Nate is on a different level something you clearly don't realize. His game is tight as fuck. That choke was done within a split second dude, there's no fighting it. Literally every aspect of how Nate applied that choke from the mount to the fakes, to how he flattened him out was extremely high level

Comparing a truly elite black belt to miesha Tate, Jesus Christ

some of you guys are legitimately complete idiots.

Last edited:
Neither did I but I knew right away what he was talking about, but you have this fool either trolling but getting Conor raped all the same defending the deserved McTapper tag #Mc Tapper...
Yea I have no idea how you can follow the sport and be on a mma forum and don’t understand the Mctapper joke :)???

Conor turned the UFC into a circus and hit an old man, mock him for stuff like that. Trying to shit on him for tapping to a submission is basically shitting on every single fighter and all martial artists who have ever trained. Khabib himself is "Khatapper" by that rationale, as is every single fighter ever.

It's like, when someone does something shitty, you dont insult him in a way that actually insults everyone and is not unique to him as a person. That's just a sign of a low IQ. There are numerous things you can mock mcgregor for but trying to use tapping to a submission as somehow a point of shame is retarded and comes across as a display of the insulter's lack of training in martial arts.
no way getting Around this truth

People can insult Conor all that want

But this kind of shit is only said by people who don't know anything about grappling, have never grappled and probably don't know much about martial arts beyond watching either

If you talk shit then expect it back.

Mctapper is a stupid nickname though, never used it. Or banged on about him getting him submitted. His fans are dicks but when Conor fights I respect the fuck out of him.

About 5 or 6 different posters gave you similar answers on the first 3 pages and it doesn't seem like you want to accept the answer, TS. Did you make this thread because you really wanted to know why people call Conor "Mctapper" (even though it's quite obvious and the nickname explains itself) or did you just want to defend your favorite fighter and hurl insults at randoms over the internet?

Nobody is arguing your point that "there isn't anything wrong with tapping". That's a completely different discussion but for some reason you think it applies to your initial question. The fact is, everyone calls him Mctapper because he lost all his fights by tapping. It's to rustle the jimmies of Conor fans. It's the same as calling the Diaz brother Divas or Jon Jones a sociopath. It ain't that deep, man.

Because he was supposed to smoke a give me jouneyman like Diaz. Tailor made to stand right in front of Conor and take all his shots - no threat of TD and no real speed to duck and parry shots like RDA and others would have presented, and he got smoked instead after gassing in just one round. It was a joke of a performance and he tapped hence Mc Tapper was born as he looked for a way out round 2 instead of get knocked out.

Are you stupid TS ? Who care about who tapped in training session when fighters try many experimental moves or tapped in their bathroom? only tap during official fights/competition count.

Everybody knows you can be locked on an armbar during a training session and tap, we don't need you to tell us that. And we don't need to practice MMA to know that. Really you just want to teach us something we all know, it's beyond useless.

You just want to have right and us wrong, you answer to everybody like a robot.

Honestly, it's a stupid thread and i regret to have posted on this
He is right though

most of you are wrong, idiots and likely have never grappled before or know anything about martial arts beyond a screen

From what I can tell, there isn't anyone saying this who doesn't fit that description

Insult Mcgregor all you want, he prob deserves it, but this shit is pure idiocy and always has been

About 5 or 6 different posters gave you similar answers on the first 3 pages and it doesn't seem like you want to accept the answer, TS. Did you make this thread because you really wanted to know why people call Conor "Mctapper" (even though it's quite obvious and the nickname explains itself) or did you just want to defend your favorite fighter and hurl insults at randoms over the internet?

Nobody is arguing your point that "there isn't anything wrong with tapping". That's a completely different discussion but for some reason you think it applies to your initial question. The fact is, everyone calls him Mctapper because he lost all his fights by tapping. It's to rustle the jimmies of Conor fans. It's the same as calling the Diaz brother Divas or Jon Jones a sociopath. It ain't that deep, man.
Because he was supposed to smoke a give me jouneyman like Diaz. Tailor made to stand right in front of Conor and take all his shots - no threat of TD and no real speed to duck and parry shots like RDA and others would have presented, and he got smoked instead after gassing in just one round. It was a joke of a performance and he tapped hence Mc Tapper was born as he looked for a way out round 2 instead of get knocked out.
I think these are reasonable stances

But I think a lot of people are taking it a few steps further in the retard department when it comes to grappling

McNuggets is the best name for the toxic dwarf.

Back