Can someone explain the "McTapper" name thing?

Regal Boy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't understand this. Literally every single person who has ever trained grappling even once in their life has tapped. It's literally not possible to not tap when you're training, especially when you're new. Khabib himself has tapped over tens of thousands of times in his life.

McGregor is a bum and should have rematched Aldo and gotten his ass kicked but that's a different story. Why do these guys call him "McTapper"? Everyone taps. Literally every single fighter that you have ever watched has tapped numerous times in their life. It's just a thing that happens when you train fighting. I don't get it.

All his losses come from tapping
He talks a big game, but when going gets tough, he taps. Hence the name.
Was it really that difficult to get?

It's about him tapping early, it's why people also call him "Mcquitter".

Because when a fight isn't going his way, he looks for a way out, which is usually to just give up his neck and then tap out immediately without even trying to defend.

It's not hard to understand

He gives up his neck when he gets tired.

Khabib didn't even have his arm under the neck. I'm not saying Khabib wasn't going to squeeze and break his jaw but that wasn't a choke.

All his losses come from tapping
He talks a big game, but when going gets tough, he taps. Hence the name.
Was it really that difficult to get?
So every fighter who has tapped in a fight is a quitter? Losing all your fights by submission doesn't mean anything, it's just another way to lose.

I don't understand this. Literally every single person who has ever trained grappling even once in their life has tapped. It's literally not possible to not tap when you're training, especially when you're new. Khabib himself has tapped over tens of thousands of times in his life.

McGregor is a bum and should have rematched Aldo and gotten his ass kicked but that's a different story. Why do these guys call him "McTapper"? Everyone taps. Literally every single fighter that you have ever watched has tapped numerous times in their life. It's just a thing that happens when you train fighting. I don't get it.

No i will not explain this to you. Jk. Its simple people hate conor and he has been tapped out twice on the big stage

What the others have said. Also, no doubt he should have rematched Aldo, but that he would have gotten his ass kicked is highly speculative.

Its similar to Tony Fergusons nickname el roadrunner. When things didn't go his way against Michael Johnson he started running away like little girl

This angle, the tapping/quitting, is not my beef with McG. My beef is that he purposely navigates away from defending titles. This needs to be a sport first, spectacle second. Champions need to be incentivized by fans and MMA org to actually defend their titles.

Jesus didn't tap
giphy.gif

It's about him tapping early, it's why people also call him "Mcquitter".
There's no such thing as "tapping early". When a submission is sunk in there is no possibility of breaking out of it. There's no way to get out a rear naked when it's in. This is why Poirier tapped immediately when Khabib sunk the choke in, much faster than any of the taps that McGregor did when he was locked, but no one mocks Poirier for it, nor should they.

So every fighter who has tapped in a fight is a quitter? Losing all your fights by submission doesn't mean anything, it's just another way to lose.
"Losing all your fights by submission doesn't mean anything" Lol I mean it must mean something..
Its just another way to lose but when a guy's losses all come from the same way, then he has a problem. Just like Anthony Johnson, all his losses come from RNC. Do you think its just coincidence?
Why do you think people mock Conor and not Masvidal who has lost more fights?

I'm no McGrooger fan, but I don't think Aldo was ever going to win the rematch.

Dat range.

Because he was a national champion tap dancer in Ireland when he was a teenager.

Back