Can Shogun make a last run to the gold?

The gold?? No, I don't see it.....LHW is very top heavy. I think that he can and will get back in the top 10 but aside from that not much farther. He can beat guys like Rogerio, Maldanado, Fejao, Kingsbury, Manuwa that are outside the top 10. Inside the top 10 I see a great fight with Glover.

Answers in this thread reminds me of what people thought about Mark Hunt and Robbie Lawler 3 years ago.

Hunt had a limited skill set.
Lawlor was just looking like a guy who wasn't that good.
Shogun has taken some DAMAGE in the last 4 years PLUS the damaged knees. Not the same thing. Add that in with ever degrading fight IQ and overall dimished skill set and you have a guy who needs to retire

Are you serious? He wouldn't even be champion if he was in Bellator.

Have you even watched his UFC career like seriously? Has not won 2 fights in a row in over 5 years. Took enough damage in the first hendo fight or jones fight to send anyone into their death bed and many more.

i love shogun, but he has given us sooo much. i'd love to see him just hang up the gloves and be a rich guy in brazil

Doubt he is rich. He spent all his fight money on new knees and Rafael Cordiero and we alllllll know how that worked out.

Lol

Sure

Shogun via ko in his next 3

Not a chance at 205 the champ is about 2 weight classes bigger then him. If he was to drop he would have a decent shot of being a solid top 10 guy, he is smaller then Weidman as well.

http://instagram.com/p/xudsOFQCoD/?modal=true

He will be the coach of TUF BRAZIL 4 aside with Anderson Silva, and afterthat, will fight some top 20 in the division, i would say Maldonado or Lil Nog. If he gets motivated, can he beat AJ or Glover?

Lol I love Shogun, I even have a Shogun tattoo. But his fans still surprise me with how delusional they can be. AJ and Glover are some of the worst matchups for him, and there is no way today's shogun could even string a streak together of top fighters, to make a title run. And it really hurt my heart to say this.

God no. Shogun is done as a contender. Don't go that far into the dream world Shogun fans you may fall into a coma.

In my honest opinion in you're a true Shogun fan you'd want him to retire. He's taken enough damage in his career.

I remember begging for Chuck's retirement and he's the first guy I ever watched that got me into MMA.

Back