Can Shogun make a last run to the gold?

He did when he smashed Machida, now he is just wartorn and broken. Doesn't have the physical attributes that got him by.

Damn. No one believing in shogun.

Its just funny too see a thread were everyone agrees on the same thing. Shogun should fight Rampage though.

Hate to say it, but Shogun can't go after the belt anymore. I'd love to see him fight Rampage, Lil Nog, and Glover before he retires.

shogun's best days are behind him. unfortunately - will always be a big fan.

Jeeeeeeze could you imagine the brain damage AJ would inflict on Shogun??????

Shogun used up all his strength to beat Machida and his career has seemingly gone downhill since that night in Canada

It depends.

If you believe that Shogun has looked terrible in his losses then you know he cant make a run.

However, if you are a typical Shogun fan, then you believe that every one of his losses needs to have an asterisk and shouldnt really count as a loss--meaning Shogun is undefeated-- and that he is on the verge of winning the lhw title.

If Anderson loses to Diaz, I expect them to do Anderson/Shogun despite them not saying that's the plan.

Shogun said he'd do the fight if they wanted.

But no, unless he drops to Middleweight and it re-energizes him, he's done at a high level.

If Anderson loses to Diaz, I expect them to do Anderson/Shogun despite them not saying that's the plan.

Shogun said he'd do the fight if they wanted.

But no, unless he drops to Middleweight and it re-energizes him, he's done at a high level.

I think that best he's got now is he'll make it back in the top 10. He's ranked 11 now, one win and he's in there. He needs some winnable fights

His last win over someone currently in the UFC 205 division was in Pride almost ten years ago. That's how he fits into the division in 2015.

Shogun should either try and move down to MW or move up to HW. With a couple of wins in either division he may be granted a title shot because he's a legend and always exciting.

maybe if he drinks the blood of Vitor nomsayin?

TS....please lower your expectation levels on Shogun and that's coming from a big time Shogun fan.

Back