Can Shogun make a last run to the gold?

Does a gif exist of doc saying "no" to Wyatt when he says"I can't beat him can I" in tombstone because that would be appropriate here

It the final boss in the video game is Jon Jones then UFC gold is not in his future. Probably 5 straight wins gets him a title shot I'm assuming. He would have to beat a top 15, 3 top 10 and 1 top 3 to get a title shot. He is more likely to lose all 5 then to win 5 in a row. His only hope is Jones moves up to heavyweight and he gets the right 5 matchups. I can be persuaded to actually give Shogun a mulligan for his last 3 losses. Chael fight he got careless and fluked into a guillotine. He was winning the Hendo II fight before the shot that stunned him into an eventual tko. The OSP one I'll chalk up to a fluke as well because I'm not sure how the skateboard was tossed into the cage but he slipped on it and right into an OSP punch.

It's unlikely tbh. I've been hearing rumors thought that if Nick beats Silva they are planning on doing Shogun/Silva at the end of TUF Brazil, so that would be cool.

Not gold, not silver nor bronze... I'd say, glass, maybe.

I highly doubt it. I think he's where Chuck was at after the Rashad fight, unfortunately.

I wouldn't allow Shogun to fight unless he dropped to 185. He could bear up Nick Diaz after Anderson.

No, he can make a run at retirement which is what he should do asap

Whatever haterz, you'll all be singing a different tune the next time he posts a training pic of himself looking in decent shape.

Shogun is one of my favorites, but unless some type of drastic change happens with himself or the lhw division I don't see the gold in his future.

Shogun vs Franklin, then both guys ride into the sunset.

Shogun is my boy. My favorite fighter since Fedor and even then he may take it. I think he's got some left in him, but an extremely low chance at gold. I'd like to see him get a good win and retire on a good note

Answers in this thread reminds me of what people thought about Mark Hunt and Robbie Lawler 3 years ago.

Back