Can pro boxers PLEASE stop trying to come to MMA. You can't compete!

you do realise a pure grappler beats a pure striker pretty much 9/10 times right?

This is already well known and hence why the early UFC days existed so this whole topic is quite silly since we already know the truth. Its just a ego or pride thread

give both of them 1 year and the striker wins 10/10

elite boxers/striker will dominate MMA, its just a matter of time.

give both of them 1 year and the striker wins 10/10

elite boxers/striker will dominate MMA, its just a matter of time.
thats not how it works but ok
Not sure if you actually train but each to their own.
All I'll say is one year of wrestling training from scratch wont beat someone's life time of wrestling training

MMA is fighting with swords.
source.gif

Boxing is fencing.
source.gif
A fencer would actually beat any other swordsman in a dual one on one with no armor.

Other than Conor, has any boxer or MMA fighter at the height of their career fought in the other sport? There's so much talk and no action from these topics.
Jens Pulver I believe did.

Pro wrestlers and football players have decent success in MMA. Why not boxers?

It could have the unintended effect of hastening boxing's demise; boxing champs getting easily quashed in MMA won't look good for the sweet science.

Jarl

The funny thing is that 99 percent of the times is mma fans, promoters and fighters calling out or trying to get into boxing lmao. And this is coming from a mma fan who barely watches any boxing.

MMA is a gay intimate homoerotic cage fighting sport with dumb white trailer park fans and broke athletes with stupid fascist reebok uniforms, boxing is a prestigious world sport with where real men exchange punches. Not of this hugging shit, real knock outs.

Considering the UFC employs fighters who I wouldn't even consider for amateur MMA because they are not even good enough for amateur MMA.
Any real pro fighter no matter from what combatsport will do better then at least 70% of the current UFC roster within 1 year of MMA training.

And to people who are new that same Ray Mercer got subbed in little over a minute by backyard Brawler 2000s era YouTube star Kimbo slice....
Amongst other mishaps... But he still KTFO Timmeh.

Ngannou would look like Royce Gracie on the mat compared to Fury

Probably... But Tyson has been training MMA as a part time hobby for a few years and has kind of stepped it up recently... It's a good fight.

you do realise a pure grappler beats a pure striker pretty much 9/10 times right?

This is already well known and hence why the early UFC days existed so this whole topic is quite silly since we already know the truth. Its just a ego or pride thread

9/10 times.

P2_czr.gif

I think the complete opposite. The more high level athletes crossing over from whatever sport, the more interesting and intriguing. Just think:

Holly Holm, Adesanya, Pat Barry, Overeem, Semmy Schilt (crossed from mma to kickboxing), Wonderboy, Ray Mercer, James Toney, Greg Hardy (lol), Schaub (lol), Herschel Walker (lol), Mitrione, Maia, Jacare, Askren, MVP, Werdum, Roger Gracie, Yoel Romero, Ronda, Raymond Daniels, Cung Le, etc.

You have so many people who were already super high level kickboxers, karatekas, wrestlers or grapplers before they decided to do mma. If anything, there's too few boxers, because boxing usually pays better. It would be awesome to have guys like Fury cross over like Mercer or Toney did. If they trained seriously, with all the possibilities mma offers, it would be super interesting and fun to watch.

I'd like to see some boxers in MMA, so as long as they train the other aspects as well.
I do think though that the fact MMA-fighters are calling out boxers (for boxing fights) is beyond stupid.

Pretty mcuh this. I'd love to see more high-level boxers give it a go in the UFC.

Conversely, I could sleep soundly at night if not a single more UFC fighter tried to "call out" a pro boxer for a match in the ring. It's lost whatever novelty it had.

If boxers learn to kick, Jiu Jitsu,defends kicks,combines punches + kicks,defensive wrestling,they can fight MMA.

They have to be learning to be real fighters to fight MMA,pure boxing in MMA is suicide.

Boxing is so limited by rules,in mma you have to know everything and expect everything.

GTfUHgH.gif

It's always the washed up boxers trying to make a dime. Not the top guys. Even with boxing's decline, the top guys get paid way more.

Still don't think MMA can ever truly get over fat old Ray Mercer KOing Sylvia while he was still a top HW.

Pretty mcuh this. I'd love to see more high-level boxers give it a go in the UFC.

Conversely, I could sleep soundly at night if not a single more UFC fighter tried to "call out" a pro boxer for a match in the ring. It's lost whatever novelty it had.
Pure boxers want to learn other martial arts? In MMA,Pure Boxer is destroyed in 1 minute.

And to people who are new that same Ray Mercer got subbed in little over a minute by backyard Brawler 2000s era YouTube star Kimbo slice....
In his kickboxing match against Bonjaski he literally took 1 kick then quit.
@3:50

If I were tyson fury I would just train take down defense for 2 years straight and checking leg kicks. That's all he needs. If he can train defense wrestling in 2 years, he has a decent chance at HW. Like others said, Tyson isn't a power puncher so he will eventually get taken down and it will look ugly, even if he can fend off a few take downs. Someone like wilder, canelo, GGG, even Joshua or Ruiz have a better chance because they pack a punch. However we don't know what Fury looks like with 4 ounce gloves. The only weight class boxers have a chance is HW, because HW is the least skilled and that's if they train properly for at least 2 years.

Back