Can pro boxers PLEASE stop trying to come to MMA. You can't compete!

Isnt it usually more MMA fighters talking about boxing?

I prefer MMA and obviously under most rulesets MMA fighters beat boxers the majority of the time. But you know...money talks, you aint fighting in a cage for 500k if you have the option of fighting in a ring for 5 mil.

Why? It's WMMA and HWs. There are of top fighters in those divisions with nonexistent grappling. Ngannou isn't exactly the most well rounded guy in the sport and it's working out pretty well for him. NFL guys with no martial arts background at all and secretaries who started fitness kickboxing to lose weight have gone pro and gotten into the top 10 quickly. Let's not pretend HW isn't full of sloppy brawlers.

That depends on how good they are. Cro Cop didn't take long at all to have incredible TDD, Holly KO'd a grappler to become champ.

A mediocre boxer past their prime who makes no effort to even learn to defend anything else is obviously doomed, but there aren't so many good grapplers at HW that a prime top boxer couldn't do very well. Hell, Fury could probably take out at least half the top 10 right now.
The example of a holly vs Rousey isnt a good one. Holly isnt a pure striker and Rousey isnt exactly a pure grappler even though many would say her stand up isnt good

We all know how important wrestling is. My statement was implying that if both fighters are the same level size etc. the pure grappler does win the vast majority of the time. It's inevitable, as well you'll see in many fights since the UFC how the striker gets beaten by the wrestler. There are many examples like Stipe vs Ngnnou etc. It's just a lot easier to take someone down and do damage than land a knockout on the area of the chin. People have enough explosive energy and movement to collide to the point where it becomes much easier for the grappler to beat a striker

tumblr_p0xovcn6wI1qd4esao1_500.gifv

Take that
1-1. We need a rubber match.

I think people should do what they want lol

Clarissa Shields is a pro boxer who wants to fight in cage fighting ...

<31>

Is boxing so poor they can't afford to pay her so she is forced to do a brutal sport like MMA?

Then you got Tyson Fury. The uncrowned champ, after beating Wilder. Here's what he had to say ...

"I've been training with Darren Till and I've got an offer from Conor McGregor to be trained by him, so [an MMA bout] will be something that I'm very interested in," Fury said.

<{hughesimpress}>

Source: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28087333/tyson-fury-conor-mcgregor-offered-train-mma

Shit like this makes me SICK. Canelo was the only one who knew what was up when he said:

Canelo is wise. He knows he don't want none of this:

WeepyFatCranefly-size_restricted.gif

MMA is fighting with swords.
source.gif

Boxing is fencing.
source.gif

Boxers are looking for a payday and they know Dana has a soft spot for em because that's what he wanted to do in his early life.
D_Zr4GYUYAAVyC1.jpg

Stop whoring yourselfs out and stay in yo lane.

<31>

Is boxing so poor they can't afford to pay her so she is forced to do a brutal sport like MMA?

Then you got Tyson Fury. The uncrowned champ, after beating Wilder. Here's what he had to say ...

"I've been training with Darren Till and I've got an offer from Conor McGregor to be trained by him, so [an MMA bout] will be something that I'm very interested in," Fury said.

<{hughesimpress}>

Source: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28087333/tyson-fury-conor-mcgregor-offered-train-mma

Shit like this makes me SICK. Canelo was the only one who knew what was up when he said:

source.gif

Boxing is fencing.
source.gif

Boxers are looking for a payday and they know Dana has a soft spot for em because that's what he wanted to do in his early life.
D_Zr4GYUYAAVyC1.jpg

Ray Mercer begs to differ.

Womens boxing seems to be a complete shit show...this woman (Clarissa Shields) was inducted to the Boxing Hall of Fame after 8 professional fights? Seriously? And 7 of her 9 professional fights have gone the distance...am I missing something? What makes this woman so special that she's trying to get into MMA?

*Reading what I wrote it comes off as kind of brash, but I'm genuinely curious about how this woman has gotten so much recognition for what appears to be very little output.

Because we are all equal now you regressive troglodyte! ;)

(Shields is a really good boxer tbf, but yea the overall level and depth of competition is poor).

give both of them 1 year and the striker wins 10/10

elite boxers/striker will dominate MMA, its just a matter of time.

Yeah. Canelo with one year training beats Khabib... (Hmm emoji)

The example of a holly vs Rousey isnt a good one. Holly isnt a pure striker and Rousey isnt exactly a pure grappler even though many would say her stand up isnt good

We all know how important wrestling is. My statement was implying that if both fighters are the same level size etc. the pure grappler does win the vast majority of the time. It's inevitable, as well you'll see in many fights since the UFC how the striker gets beaten by the wrestler. There are many examples like Stipe vs Ngnnou etc. It's just a lot easier to take someone down and do damage than land a knockout on the area of the chin. People have enough explosive energy and movement to collide to the point where it becomes much easier for the grappler to beat a striker
Sure, but anyone's who's a "pure" anything is going to run into problems. Adesanya is another example of a "learn as you go" pure striker who started learning a little TDD after he started MMA and has just adapted his game to avoid the ground. I think Fury would probably beat, Rozenstruik, JDS, Lewis and maybe Overeem right now, and would have that entire time to train TDD for future matchups. I mean Ngannou might have lost the decision to Stipe, but he's still #3 in the division with almost 0 grappling, which is pretty far from the "can't compete" that the thread title claimed.

Only thing that makes sense to me is that MMA fighters want to box for a payday and boxers want to try MMA to prove themselves (I also feel like some just mention it for attention).

CC is a boxer turned Kick Boxer, turned MMA fighter. Was pretty successful.

I don't see Shields making 145. She fights at 160.

Maybe the talk is that Nunez boxes Shields, not Shields fighting MMA.

<31>

<{hughesimpress}>

source.gif

Boxing is fencing.
source.gif

D_Zr4GYUYAAVyC1.jpg

Because boxing isn’t brutal at all huh? Terrible analogy with the sword fighting and the fencing btw. I think you know that though.

Female boxers dont get paid well, boxing promoters care nothing this is why they want to go to bellator or ufc. Ufc pays the women just as much as the male stars. Holly Holms manager tried to get her on several big boxing fight undercards and top ranks bob arum refused sad stuff, so she had to go to mma to get paid. At least ufc treats women better than boxing. In boxing gyms you still have old school trainers who will rip women and say if you train here you are all business no flirting with other males, they also dont allow girlfriends around fight camps claiming it will distract or weaken the fighter leading up to the fight.

I don't see Shields making 145. She fights at 160.

Maybe the talk is that Nunez boxes Shields, not Shields fighting MMA.
The fight will be at 155. Claressa is scheduled to fight at 154 next in boxing. She walks around at 187 pounds and has cut weight with a healthy diet. She made weight until the fight was canceled when he brother sucker punched her opponents 74 year old trainer leaving him with a brain bleed at the weigh in.
http://www.nowboxing.com/2019/10/el...essa-shields-vs-ivana-habazin-weigh-in/41010/

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/10/08/james-ali-bashir-brain-bleed/

Pro wrestlers and football players have decent success in MMA. Why not boxers?
Because there are some mma fans who hare boxing and think if a boxer succeeds it will destroy their view of mma because to them boxing is the enemy and inferior sport.

Thats why if a boxer comes to mma and wins say by kick or submission they will say oh its mma that made them win not boxing or some shit like that. They only do this if its a boxer because they sont want to acknowledge boxing. Yet most of the top ufc fighters win off boxing as their main source of striking.

Womens boxing seems to be a complete shit show...this woman (Clarissa Shields) was inducted to the Boxing Hall of Fame after 8 professional fights? Seriously? And 7 of her 9 professional fights have gone the distance...am I missing something? What makes this woman so special that she's trying to get into MMA?

*Reading what I wrote it comes off as kind of brash, but I'm genuinely curious about how this woman has gotten so much recognition for what appears to be very little output.
She was never inducted into the international boxing hall of fame in canastota, you need to be at least five years retired before getting nominated. She was probably inducted in a regional boxing hall of fame or in her hometown or something.

And yes womens boxing is horrible, they treat the women like shit unlike ufc where women can get paid like male stars or more. Its why holly holm went to ufc to get paid

She was never inducted into the international boxing hall of fame in canastota, you need to be at least five years retired before getting nominated. She was probably inducted in a regional boxing hall of fame or in her hometown or something.

And yes womens boxing is horrible, they treat the women like shit unlike ufc where women can get paid like male stars or more. Its why holly holm went to ufc to get paid

You're correct about the Hall of Fame...I don't know much about boxing so when I read "Hall of Fame" I just assumed it was the main one.
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Boxing/...ociation-announces-Hall-of-Fame-Class-of-2018

Back