Can pro boxers PLEASE stop trying to come to MMA. You can't compete!

What a terrible combo, an unathletic striker. Not to say grappling doesn't take athleticism, but it plays a much bigger role for striking. Without it, you're a sitting duck just waiting to get beaten BADLY.
His size and MFS training methods gave him a big advantage over anyone not in the top when he was in the ufc as champ. He had good punching speed as well when he was in shape. His main issue was when he got taken down,he was really clumsy and slow due to his size to get back up. Good td defense tho.

How DARE anyone want to try something out if they aren't getting paid millions of dollars to do so. The FUCKING NERVE of some people!!!
Haha well if a female boxer would come in and beat nunes,she would gain instant visibility that she would not get in boxing. Especially if she had a good trash talking game. For females its def viable. For someone like Canelo,or floyd,it isn't

If you tried MMA in the WIld West they'd think you were a flaming ****** who just broke outta jail desperate for weirdness. Even fistfights werent seen as manly as the pistol duel -as thats all or nothing. No leg wrapping around another mans waist allowed. Point being -there many acceptable forms of combat -doesnt make one 'better' than the other.

Sure, but anyone's who's a "pure" anything is going to run into problems. Adesanya is another example of a "learn as you go" pure striker who started learning a little TDD after he started MMA and has just adapted his game to avoid the ground. I think Fury would probably beat, Rozenstruik, JDS, Lewis and maybe Overeem right now, and would have that entire time to train TDD for future matchups. I mean Ngannou might have lost the decision to Stipe, but he's still #3 in the division with almost 0 grappling, which is pretty far from the "can't compete" that the thread title claimed.
Ngnnou doesnt have almost zero grappling thats completely untrue. There's no doubt that to have made it to the very elite levels he would have had to train his wrestling and ground game immensely way before he even made it into the UFC

Israel Adesanya has been working on his ground game for at least 7 years now.
What you have said about the prediction is all just speculation. I think if Overeem who has been doing MMA for decades faced Tyson and implemented a wrestling game Fury would likely not have an answer. If you saw the training footage with Till, Fury's wrestling is very green. There's a lot of things in boxing that you simply cant do in MMA and would just get you taken down easily. Theres a reason why a lot of elite kickboxers have mixed results transitioning to MMA, Lawrence Kenshin does a good breakdown on it.

Its pretty obvious and without a doubt that in MMA the wrestler generally always beats the striker, we have seen this time and time again ever since the start of the UFC.

Clarissa Shields is a pro boxer who wants to fight in cage fighting ...

<31>

Is boxing so poor they can't afford to pay her so she is forced to do a brutal sport like MMA?

Then you got Tyson Fury. The uncrowned champ, after beating Wilder. Here's what he had to say ...

"I've been training with Darren Till and I've got an offer from Conor McGregor to be trained by him, so [an MMA bout] will be something that I'm very interested in," Fury said.

<{hughesimpress}>

Source: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28087333/tyson-fury-conor-mcgregor-offered-train-mma

Shit like this makes me SICK. Canelo was the only one who knew what was up when he said:

Canelo is wise. He knows he don't want none of this:

WeepyFatCranefly-size_restricted.gif

MMA is fighting with swords.
source.gif

Boxing is fencing.
source.gif

Boxers are looking for a payday and they know Dana has a soft spot for em because that's what he wanted to do in his early life.
D_Zr4GYUYAAVyC1.jpg

Stop whoring yourselfs out and stay in yo lane.

A slaughter ya ye twerp. All 120 lbs of ye. Im 22 stone and no man born of his mother could boxe with me ya hear. If its bareknuckle im knocking u out fella

Ngnnou doesnt have almost zero grappling thats completely untrue. There's no doubt that to have made it to the very elite levels he would have had to train his wrestling and ground game immensely way before he even made it into the UFC

Israel Adesanya has been working on his ground game for at least 7 years now.
What you have said about the prediction is all just speculation. I think if Overeem who has been doing MMA for decades faced Tyson and implemented a wrestling game Fury would likely not have an answer. If you saw the training footage with Till, Fury's wrestling is very green. There's a lot of things in boxing that you simply cant do in MMA and would just get you taken down easily. Theres a reason why a lot of elite kickboxers have mixed results transitioning to MMA, Lawrence Kenshin does a good breakdown on it.

Its pretty obvious and without a doubt that in MMA the wrestler generally always beats the striker, we have seen this time and time again ever since the start of the UFC.

I rewatched the Stipe fight and he gassed after 1-2 mins. ... thats what you call a pro athlete? He showed zero hip movement and his heel hook attempt was big time lol --- i know 2 weeks old no horsemeat hobby whitebelts and even they are better than that.

Adensaya took MMA srsly after his kickboxing career -> 2-3 years ago

The guy who fought Overeem trained MMA for max 2-3 years (after his kickboxing career) and fought 4 times this year.

I have many more examples ... even from lower weight classes.

lol@a lot of elite kickboxers. most of them were old, not really elite (hello till,wonderboy) or didnt take that shit srsly (hello tenshin) & alex).

elite boxers and strikers will dominate MMA, its just a matter of time.

Rozen's a highly decorated kickboxer with an insane record. Kickboxing is much closer to MMA striking than just straight boxing. Plus Rozen is much more athletic than Fury. Fury's a lanky fat guy that gets by due to height and reach.
{<jordan}

Clarissa Shields is a pro boxer who wants to fight in cage fighting ...

<31>

Is boxing so poor they can't afford to pay her so she is forced to do a brutal sport like MMA?

Then you got Tyson Fury. The uncrowned champ, after beating Wilder. Here's what he had to say ...

"I've been training with Darren Till and I've got an offer from Conor McGregor to be trained by him, so [an MMA bout] will be something that I'm very interested in," Fury said.

<{hughesimpress}>

Source: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28087333/tyson-fury-conor-mcgregor-offered-train-mma

Shit like this makes me SICK. Canelo was the only one who knew what was up when he said:

Canelo is wise. He knows he don't want none of this:

WeepyFatCranefly-size_restricted.gif

MMA is fighting with swords.
source.gif

Boxing is fencing.
source.gif

Boxers are looking for a payday and they know Dana has a soft spot for em because that's what he wanted to do in his early life.
D_Zr4GYUYAAVyC1.jpg

Stop whoring yourselfs out and stay in yo lane.

How the hell was Dana uglier at 28 then he is now?!?!

Rozen is much more athletic than Fury. Fury's a lanky fat guy that gets by due to height and reach.

Yeah I remember those times David Price, Alexander Ustinov and Taishan Dong became undisputed HW champs too.....

Also, Fury at 6'9, 250-260lb has comparable speed to Rozenstruik and is more mobile. He also routinely fights 12 rounders, thats 11 minutes more fight time than an MMA 5 rounder.

Womens boxing seems to be a complete shit show...this woman (Clarissa Shields) was inducted to the Boxing Hall of Fame after 8 professional fights? Seriously? And 7 of her 9 professional fights have gone the distance...am I missing something? What makes this woman so special that she's trying to get into MMA?

*Reading what I wrote it comes off as kind of brash, but I'm genuinely curious about how this woman has gotten so much recognition for what appears to be very little output.
Boxing in America is nothing like it used to be decades ago. It's horrible right now. Basically she has been the only olympic gold medallist from the US in the last 15 years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

And while she was doing that, Ronda here was breaking PPV records. So some promoters thought that maybe female boxing could get good numbers too and thought she could be a star in boxing. Fast forward to 2019 and the "project" has failed. Boxing fans don't care about female boxing.

If you can't be a main event in boxing, you are not winning money. Heather Hardy is a multiple champion but only wins 10.000 per fight, that's why she signed with Bellator. Amanda Nunez wins 580.000 per fight, that's 58 times more. A "UFC Champion money in WMMA" is to female boxers what "Canelo/Joshua" money is to UFC Champions/fighters

wmma and the hw division could actually benefit greatly from an infusion of cross over athletes, I think there’s a place for it in those specific divisions.. Tyson fury vs Francis ngannou or even Greg Hardy would be amazing, Shields vs Nunes co main, I’d watch

You don't actually believe this though. It would have happened already given the evolution of the sport. Were already at the global maximum.

The simple truth is that within the laws of physics and human physiology, grappling is just a better form of fighting and dominating another person. It's just better than hitting them unless you have serious one punch knockout power, and even that isn't a guarantee. And this isn't even getting into the artificial environment of the octagon which artificially limits the effectiveness of wrestling.

Deontay Wilder is pretty much the hardest hitter ever and even his strongest punch does not even come close to the damage that being slammed onto concrete imparts on your body/head/neck. Wrestlers and Judoka who master these techniques hit you with much more power than the hardest heavyweight boxer punches.

You don't actually believe this though. It would have happened already given the evolution of the sport. Were already at the global maximum.

The simple truth is that within the laws of physics and human physiology, grappling is just a better form of fighting and dominating another person. It's just better than hitting them unless you have serious one punch knockout power, and even that isn't a guarantee. And this isn't even getting into the artificial environment of the octagon which artificially limits the effectiveness of wrestling.

Deontay Wilder is pretty much the hardest hitter ever and even his strongest punch does not even come close to the damage that being slammed onto concrete imparts on your body/head/neck. Wrestlers and Judoka who master these techniques hit you with much more power than the hardest heavyweight boxer punches.
<36>

stop quoting me.

<36>

stop quoting me.
No. Actually substantiate your claim with solid argument, that somehow explains how in 30 years of testing wrestling is still the best martial art.

Or, shut your dumbass mouth.

Boxing in America is nothing like it used to be decades ago. It's horrible right now. Basically she has been the only olympic gold medallist from the US in the last 15 years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

And while she was doing that, Ronda here was breaking PPV records. So some promoters thought that maybe female boxing could get good numbers too and thought she could be a star in boxing. Fast forward to 2019 and the "project" has failed. Boxing fans don't care about female boxing.

If you can't be a main event in boxing, you are not winning money. Heather Hardy is a multiple champion but only wins 10.000 per fight, that's why she signed with Bellator. Amanda Nunez wins 580.000 per fight, that's 58 times more. A "UFC Champion money in WMMA" is to female boxers what "Canelo/Joshua" money is to UFC Champions/fighters

Thanks for the response. I have no issues with her coming to the UFC, but I was just surprised that I had never heard of her and she only had 9 professional fights. It just seemed like a lot of hoopla for no real reason, but I can't fault a woman for wanting to make more money.

I rewatched the Stipe fight and he gassed after 1-2 mins. ... thats what you call a pro athlete? He showed zero hip movement and his heel hook attempt was big time lol --- i know 2 weeks old no horsemeat hobby whitebelts and even they are better than that.

Adensaya took MMA srsly after his kickboxing career -> 2-3 years ago

The guy who fought Overeem trained MMA for max 2-3 years (after his kickboxing career) and fought 4 times this year.

I have many more examples ... even from lower weight classes.

lol@a lot of elite kickboxers. most of them were old, not really elite (hello till,wonderboy) or didnt take that shit srsly (hello tenshin) & alex).

thats fine, you can believe what you want but at the end of the day its just a mere opinion

All I'll say lastly to finish it of, is that in fighting the better wrestler always generally wins if they employ the right game time. There are far more examples of grapplers beating strikers across the whole UFC's existence than vice versa. Thats because the likelihood of a takedown is far greater than hitting the small area of the chin to get a KO. Just look how often fighters collide and clinch in boxing, its almost like its inevitable

Back