Can Darren Till cut 12lbs in 2 days?

giphy.gif

12 lbs in two days is easy, assuming he's just started his water cut.

12 lbs in two days is easy, assuming he's just started his water cut.
That's potentially the issue......we don't know how much water he has *already* lost.
He could already be substantially dehydrated and really struggle. He talks a good talk but fighters will do that as that's the Nature of the Game.

I think he will still be just wrecked to make 170lbs to be honest and it wouldn't surprise me if he is the absolute last one to make it to the scales come weigh-in day, looking like a Zombie Who's Lost in the Sahara Desert.

He's going to die trying damn there's no way that's healthy at all.

This. 12 pounds ain’t shit, but I’m not convinced it’s really just 12 pounds.

Why? Do you think that he looks bigger than 182 lb at the moment?

12 lb is 6 lb per day. Shouldn't be issue at all.

Theoretically yes 12lbs is not a massive cut, but you can tell from the look of him he already started the weight cut days in advance, so we don't know how much left he can afford to safely cut.

Only 12lbs...

That's after he's already cut 30lbs

Yes.. he most likely can do that in 1 day of water cutting.

This guy is literally killing himself to get a physical advantage over his opponent. Is there anything more pathetic and cowardly?

You don't think Woodley and every other top fighter in the world is doing similar?

Cutting 25 is okay, but 35 is "cowardly"? What is the limit?

TS is completely bew to weight cutting it seems.

How does that do anything to rebuke my original statement? It isn't any less sad just because most everyone does it.

It is sad. It is embarrassing, but if you want to be a top fighter it is almost necessary at this point under current rules.

We're living in an age where if a fighter "only" cuts, say, 15 pounds he is lauded as being small for his division.

12 pounds is def a go all day

It just all depends if hes already on the water cut, two days no water maybe just sips here and there is a mental test and will wear on him. I sure didnt like how puffy he looked at face off, his body wants to balloon like Rumbles did.

He looks depleted already, but i got faith in the Tillsbury DoughBoy

12lbs isn't much at all if you're hydrated. I myself used to lose up to 8lbs during a 2 hour wrestling practice in college and I am significantly smaller than Till. That being said, it really depends on how dehydrated his body is already, if it is severely dehydrated, he will really struggle, if that was after his first weight cutting work out then he should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back