Can Darren Till cut 12lbs in 2 days?

It's embarrassing seeing guys put their bodies through this much hell to just to have a size advantage.
Issue is everybody cuts so actually fighters cut not to be at a disaventage. Similar case when idiots go to a concert 6 hours before opening if you want a good spot you are obliged to follow the stupidness

he can also afford to cut height too

It all depends. How badly depleted is he already? If he’s doing okay, the cut should be tough but probably work. On the other hand, if he is already feeling the effects, it could be another nightmare.

What was the point of giving a MW a WW title fight? He is going to abandon the division soon, even if he wins the belt. That will cause utter chaos in yet another division.

We lost the Colby fight for that?!

at 28 seconds he says hes 182 pounds as of this morning so he has exactly 2 days left for the weigh ins, can he do it?

Rob Whittaker lost 15 pounds in one sitting. So yeah it shouldnt be too much to ask for

He's not making the weight but the UFC want him to win so they will probably doctor the scales. The WB fight was even bigger than this one because it was in his hometown and for the title shot. If WB didn't fight Till would have let ticket payers down in his own hometown. The guy can't make 170

He looks flush at 182 man. Plenty of room, was very relieved when I saw him, honestly.

guess it is a big mistake by UFC to let him fight at WW.
if he misses weight, I am sure they will never book him for WW

Weight discussion aside... great interview. Digging his attitude.

He didn't make weight last time due to an emergency with his pregnant girlfriend/wife in the hospital no?
pfft, don't be silly.

He's all about LEGACY.

This. 12 pounds ain’t shit, but I’m not convinced it’s really just 12 pounds.

Exactly. Everyone who is over weight downplays the real amount by a couple of pounds so when they miss it doesn't seem like they left themselves with an unreasonable amount with not enough time to do it

giphy.gif

Lmao that death stare after. Like the camera guy turned into a giant fried chicken like in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons

Ronda Rousey cut 17 lbs of water weight with zero preparation on TUF in less time just to prove a point to her team. 17 lbs and she's a small woman. This is a large man. It shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm pretty sure he came in a lot heavier the last time.

Lets be honest, "small women" and "17 pounds of waterweight" don't belong in the same sentence, lol.

How does that do anything to rebuke my original statement? It isn't any less sad just because most everyone does it.

You said
"it was embarrassing seeing guys put their bodies through this much hell to just to have a size advantage."

My rebuke
I disagree as weight cutting is part of the sport. Did you wrestle in high school or watch HOFers Sugar Ray, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Holyfield box in multiple weight classes? If so so, you would understand that weight cutting is a part of combat sports. Not embarrassing at all.

Why? Do you think that he looks bigger than 182 lb at the moment?

12 lb is 6 lb per day. Shouldn't be issue at all.
Again, I agree that 12 pounds shouldn’t be an issue. But I think 20+ pounds could be. If you’re telling me that you can tell how much a man weighs give or take 5 pounds by watching a short video of them fully clothed, then I’m telling you that you’re a weirdo.

Last edited:
Back