Can a fight be overturned to due incompetent judging?

You cant fault reyes in this. He gassed but he gassed when he was up 3 rounds.

Huh? I can 100% blame Reyes for gassing out before the championship rounds. Better cardio and he wins that fight...

Can't fight hard for 3 rounds and expect a bunch of dickhead judges with probably ZERO combat experience to get it right.

Huh? I can 100% blame Reyes for gassing out before the championship rounds. Better cardio and he wins that fight...

Can't fight hard for 3 rounds and expect a bunch of dickhead judges with probably ZERO combat experience to get it right.
I dont care! You win 3 rds and opponent wins 2,you win. Even a fuckin retard can figure that one out. He did what he had to do. Youd be telling jones he should have landed more strikes in first 3 if he wanted to win if reyes had been given the nod.

The incompetent commission aren't going to overturn the decisions of their own incompetent judges.

The incompetent commission aren't going to overturn the decisions of their own incompetent judges.
You ask em too and they just slobber and drool and eat their own shit

I dont care! You win 3 rds and opponent wins 2,you win. Even a fuckin retard can figure that one out. He did what he had to do. Youd be telling jones he should have landed more strikes in first 3 if he wanted to win if reyes had been given the nod.

It's debatable if he won 3 rounds...there is no official scoreboard in combat sports. There will always will be an element of human error (or fixing) which is why you show up for all 5 rounds.

FYI I thought Reyes won too ..but this probably doesnt rank in the top 50 robberies I've seen in fight sports. This shit happens and it's up to the fighter to finish strong.

Is that really the judge? Well, at least he admits he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

It's debatable if he won 3 rounds...there is no official scoreboard in combat sports. There will always will be an element of human error (or fixing) which is why you show up for all 5 rounds.

FYI I thought Reyes won too ..but this probably doesnt rank in the top 50 robberies I've seen in fight sports. This shit happens and it's up to the fighter to finish strong.
49 46 is an abomination

Reyes landed more strikes in rounds 1, 2 and 3 and more significant strikes as well as more head strikes. There was no effective grappling in rounds 1, 2 or 3 for Jones either. Based on the judging criteria there is no conceivable way to give Jones any of the first 3 rounds.

If that's the case, than Shogun would've won the first Machida fight.

At one point in the commentary in an earlier fight, it mentioned that the judges were boxing judges, there's no way that would be true, would it?

Reyes landed more strikes in rounds 1, 2 and 3 and more significant strikes as well as more head strikes. There was no effective grappling in rounds 1, 2 or 3 for Jones either. Based on the judging criteria there is no conceivable way to give Jones any of the first 3 rounds.

I think y'all are seriously missing the point. Judges have a long history of fucking up close fights - and yes, it was close.

Had Reyes showed up for all 5 rounds we wouldn't even be having this conversation. He doesn't have control of the judges...but he does have control of his own cardio, and IMHO it caused his downfall more than the judges.

I think y'all are seriously missing the point. Judges have a long history of fucking up close fights - and yes, it was close.

Had Reyes showed up for all 5 rounds we wouldn't even be having this conversation. He doesn't have control of the judges...but he does have control of his own cardio, and IMHO it caused his downfall more than the judges.

I'm not missing the point, it's not Reyes fault that the judges suck and fighters shouldn't have to worry about judges being so terrible.

This is allegedly a deleted tweet from that same account. 717BFE23-85E0-4B3C-86DD-43CBF98E093C.jpeg

Last edited:

This judge clearly doesn't understand the judging criteria. Aggression and octagon control are the least important judging criteria and only matter when the striking is even which it was not in rounds 1, 2 and 3.

Round 1 Jones 17 of 27, with 1 of 5 head shots landed

Round 1 Reyes 23 of 59, with 7 of 33 head shots landed

Round 2 Jones 22 of 37, with 8 of 9 head shots landed

Round 2 Reyes 33 of 68, with 11 of 46 head shots landed

Round 3 Jones 19 of 34, with 7 of 18 head shots landed

Round 3 Reyes 26 of 45, with 7 of 25 head shots landed

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/fae99a4089f8abb0

"Effective Striking/Grappling shall be considered the first priority of round assessments. Effective Aggressiveness is a ‘Plan B’ and should not be considered unless the judge does not see ANY advantage in the Effective Striking/Grappling realm. Cage/Ring Control (‘Plan C’) should only be needed when ALL other criteria are 100% even for both competitors. This will be an extremely rare occurrence."

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf

You do realize your stats kind of wreck your case right?

"Effective striking". Look at those numbers again and put them into respective connect percentages (punches landed compared to punches thrown) and a defensive effectiveness stat (strikes absorbed compared to strikes thrown).

These percentages are a huge but vastly over looked statistic in a fight, the Santos fight being a great example. Santos threw twice as many strikes while only landing at a 25% connect rate to Jon's 65%.

Reyes definitely has a better connect rate then that here but is still badly out stuck from a striking efficiency perspective.

Regardless though, this fight was close enough any outcome would have been reasonable and in my opinion winning the last rounds when you're tired, beat up and forced too dig down deep is much harder than winning early and is what makes a Champion a Champion so I don't really have a problem with this decision and it definitely doesn't qualify for being reversed or even reviewed by a commission.

Yo I scored the fight 3-2 for Jones, but is that seriously the guys real Twitter account? If so, he's weird as fuck.

Has an unhealthy obsession with hating Tito Ortiz, posted about eating grilled cheese in his bathtub, posted a picture of a laptop with swastikas and "n word" scratched into the screen.

Just very strange stuff all around.

Is that really the judge? Well, at least he admits he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Yo I scored the fight 3-2 for Jones, but is that seriously the guys real Twitter account? If so, he's weird as fuck.

Has an unhealthy obsession with hating Tito Ortiz, posted about eating grilled cheese in his bathtub, posted a picture of a laptop with swastikas and "n word" scratched into the screen.

Just very strange stuff all around.
Its almost certainly fake

Its almost certainly fake

Yeah I'm not savvy with Twitter and just learned about the public join dates thing.

Still, very odd that someone would make it in January. Unless you can change your handle on Twitter, which I'm not sure of either.

Back