Calvins Kattars boxing?

Max out boxed him tonight, but Max was throwing a lot of kicks tonight that also helped his overall game. He went back to throwing spinning side kicks, and added oblique kicks to his game, also calf kicks.
And the elbows too. The variety was really impressive and unpredictable.

It was like a watching a kid button bash on an old school street fighter game. Incredible to watch

kattar has that reach on everyone

despite that, max lit this guy up with his jab

And the elbows too. The variety was really impressive and unpredictable.

It was like a watching a kid button bash on an old school street fighter game. Incredible to watch
Yeah he was real sharp tonight. I was expecting Kattar to put up a better fight but Max just never let him get comfortable from the start. Seems like the people that thought Max took too much damage and should quit were wrong about Max, he was sharper in this fight than the fights when he was champ, much more versatile in his striking as well.

Yeah Max dominated him with his volume, pressure, and pace from the start. I thought Kattar would be able to put up a better fight, but it looks like Max threw him off from the start and never let him get comfortable or set long enough to let his combos off. He was always reacting to Max's combos from his high volume output.
It’s a reminder to us all of how speed of punch and speed of foot are not the same.
Kattars punches come out very fast, and people were rating him as the faster striker, but in reality his feet were rarely where they needed to be in order to put hands on Max. Holloway’s movement was on a completely different level.

he does have crisp boxing. i just can’t believe the speed advantage max had on him. crazy performance

Max out boxed him tonight, but Max was throwing a lot of kicks tonight that also helped his overall game. He went back to throwing spinning side kicks, and added oblique kicks to his game, also calf kicks.
it went pretty much as I expected. Max is such a fast and smart striker, it's hard to see him lose. Good to see him kick too.

Good luck- love max , if I'm wrong- I'm good .....a LITTLE lighter in pocket but good. I'm overdue to be wrong on one of these , we'll see if today is the day ( have hunch my streak continues, though)
I guess Max killed your streak :D (and hopefully started mine)

ineouodnt say he turtles up. Just good defense.

This fight should be really good. Kataars problem is he’s just a little too patient and can give up rounds. That’s just my opinion.
Turtling up did cost him a bit imo

I guess Max killed your streak :D (and hopefully started mine)
He did....and I own it- but - my confidence never gets shaken. I now how to turn the page and get on with what I do well.

.....btw, good for you & good luck.

I even made the mistake of calling kattars boxing on the cusp of being inside the Mousasi, McGregor, Aldo(prime) and Maz circle.
I misstep on my end OR Calvin was just mentally defeated between the ears after the first round.

He did....and I own it- but - my confidence never gets shaken. I now how to turn the page and get on with what I do well.

.....btw, good for you & good luck.

I even made the mistake of calling kattars boxing on the cusp of being inside the Mousasi, McGregor, Aldo(prime) and Maz circle.
I misstep on my end OR Calvin was just mentally defeated between the ears after the first round.
Yeah, I did not expect Max to be so dominant at all. Crazy to think he lost to Volk twice.

I don’t know what’s will all the buzz about Kattar’s boxing. Yeah, it’s not bad. But Zabit beat him in the first 2 rounds and I think Max has a better stand up than Zabit.

Y’all making Kattar seem like a god of boxing or something.

His boxing is very cultured but he wasn't allowed to fight at his pace last night and was beat up before he even realised what was going on. Max was very smart and his team have done an outstanding job in preparing him tactically for these last 2 fights .....

He looked like a tomato can yesterday and that's why he's in mma instead of making real money boxing. He made max look great and max lost to poirer twice and volkanowski twice.

He looked like a tomato can yesterday and that's why he's in mma instead of making real money boxing. He made max look great and max lost to poirer twice and volkanowski twice.
I’ve noticed Max has lost to all the elite championship tier fighters, his best win is a washed Aldo. Maybe the Oliveira win will age well even though Charles has improved leaps and bounds

I see Kattar piecing Max up big time. Max is pillow fisted whereas Kattar has just some pop in his punches. Max has a hella chin though so I see this going the distance with Max getting worked over 5.
I don't think so.

Kattar is solid with the 1-2 and the occasional 3, but that's about it. Got out jabbed despite having the reach advantage and looked pretty one dimensional.

Haven't seen him in a boxing bout so couldn't tell you how well at amateur or pro boxing he is, same for Holloway.

Back