Calvins Kattars boxing?

If you noticed...i mentioned "if he decides to stand and bang" then Max is in trouble. Max has to mix it up with kicks from range and be unpredictable. Its over if he rushes in and makes it dirty boxing with Calvin
I don't expect Max to fight like that. Max is very elusive and Kattar has the power edge. Max's defense is underestimated on here. He has to do better against leg kicks but his boxing defense is better than people give him credit for. I think you are right with Max's gameplan. I expect him to fight exactly like that. Kicks from range and in and out. He will mix it up and be a little unpredictable.

Aldo was a beast I think these days it’s just wear and tear... he’s taken a lot of damage, a lot of injuries, it all adds up at the end of the day.
Sure he was, no one is denying he wasn't... So was Royce Gracie. Irrelevant to the discussion of Kattars boxing really how good Aldo was in the past.

Kattar has more reach(3), but not really a great reach(72).
BUT he has a damn long upper body, which he uses to give him some extra reach.
Max has the longer legs for example.

Also has a good standup, he used to cripple his opponents legs, which destroyed their footwork and standup, which lead to his standup looking great.
Glad he kicked again, against his opponent.

Struggles with leg kicks though and he often turtles up.

ineouodnt say he turtles up. Just good defense.

This fight should be really good. Kataars problem is he’s just a little too patient and can give up rounds. That’s just my opinion.

I remember a few good boxers thru the years. Pure boxing isn’t good enough in the ufc. Drew mcfredries was a good boxer but not good mma fighter. Then there was that Irish hand grenade guy that got his face pummeled by nate dias and then that black English guy that sucker punched that curly haired black guy that was actually blond. I don’t remember all their names. Sorry!!
Marcus Davis, Paul Daley and Josh Koscheck.

I remember a few good boxers thru the years. Pure boxing isn’t good enough in the ufc. Drew mcfredries was a good boxer but not good mma fighter. Then there was that Irish hand grenade guy that got his face pummeled by nate dias and then that black English guy that sucker punched that curly haired black guy that was actually blond. I don’t remember all their names. Sorry!!

Marcus Davis from Maine bro. Paul Daley. Josh kostchenck.

I would have edged KZ on the feet and wanted him to win too.. But yeah man, Ortega was super impressive, flip flopped back to being a fan of his on that performance.
I was deeply saddened for kz. Pissed at Ortega. But really impressed as well. Wish it was vs someone other than the zombie. But Ortega looked like he might have something for max now. Maybe not beat him. But have something for him.

I have watched ufc since the Shamrock days but I really dont remember anyone with such crisp boxing skills as Kattar...refresh my memory if im mistaken here

Max could really lose this one if he decides to stand and bang with Calvin.

ps. Calvins highlights starts from 1.45

Dude has a nasty jab

I was deeply saddened for kz. Pissed at Ortega. But really impressed as well. Wish it was vs someone other than the zombie. But Ortega looked like he might have something for max now. Maybe not beat him. But have something for him.
It sucked for KZ, doesn't tarnish how cool he is still for me.. Hope he gets a couple wins and try's to run it back, I still believe in him.

he's def got some good boxing but i wouldnt even come close to saying its the best ive seen. bj had better boxing, frankie edgar, stipe, kimbo, chris lytle, gsp, nick and nate diaz, i could go on all day tbh. no disrespect to him tho, he's a very solid and exciting fighter

Great for a round now a days, he uses his energy pretty terribly, then gets flat footed and gasses.
BonyChillyBettong-size_restricted.gif
Got cardio for one round but you post a gif of him in the 5th round

He has good boxing, but it's a long way behind Conor's.

Consider your memory refreshed.

You havent seen other good boxers in UFC? Are you high? What about McGregor, BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Miocic, Peter Yan etc.

You havent seen other good boxers in UFC? Are you high? What about McGregor, BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Miocic, Peter Yan etc.
Who said he's the only good boxer in The UFC?

He is a good boxer, but Zabit pressured him for 2 rounds. I am confident Max can do that better and longer tbh
It was Zabit's kicking game that threw him off. Straight boxing Kattar has the advantage. But kicks can throw off his boxing.

He struggles with a jab....max has a solid jab.
It's a light jab, not a power jab. I don't think it'll give Kattar problems. Max uses it more for feints and to gauge distance.

Back