Calvins Kattars boxing?

I don’t know what’s will all the buzz about Kattar’s boxing. Yeah, it’s not bad. But Zabit beat him in the first 2 rounds and I think Max has a better stand up than Zabit.

Y’all making Kattar seem like a god of boxing or something.
Max doesn't have the same kicking arsenal as Zabit. Max is primarily an mma boxer. So this will be more of an mma boxing match where the better boxer is going to win. Kattar hits harder so you have to factor that in, and it seems like Kattar also has the speed advantage.

I remember a few good boxers thru the years. Pure boxing isn’t good enough in the ufc. Drew mcfredries was a good boxer but not good mma fighter. Then there was that Irish hand grenade guy that got his face pummeled by nate dias and then that black English guy that sucker punched that curly haired black guy that was actually blond. I don’t remember all their names. Sorry!!
Nate Diaz has really good mma boxing. It's what he uses to win most of his fights. Both Diaz are known for their boxing skills.

I would have edged KZ on the feet and wanted him to win too.. But yeah man, Ortega was super impressive, flip flopped back to being a fan of his on that performance.
*YOU* would have edged KZ on the feet? . . . . riiiiiiight ;)
No, but I hear you. Funnily enough, I didn't much care for Ortega but after that stellar performance I'm looking forward to seeing him back at it. He must have trained technique hard after that Max loss.

I got the best boxing right here, the hardest hitting 145 right here. Kattar tkos people, when I knock people out they don’t fucking move

Wouldn’t call that the crispest anything of all time.
He throws long sometimes looping shots with decent power and accuracy, when these land they have a fairly dramatic affect, I’ll give him that.
But his chin is rarely tucked, and there is something off about the way he plants his feet, it’s almost unsightly. Nothing nuanced about Kattars boxing whatsoever.

if you want crisper boxing in the UFC then check these, off the top of my head:
Anderson Silva
BJ Penn
Diaz (both)
Yan
KJ Noons
Conor
Garbrandt
Cub Swanson
Rampage
Gaethje
Fiziev

He is a good boxer, but Zabit pressured him for 2 rounds. I am confident Max can do that better and longer tbh
That was then, this is now. I'm not saying that you'll be wrong in prediction ( I made modest wager on kattar when he was +157------ not the case anymore 155/135 is the line I'm seeing ). Max is a legend but because of his style that put that label where it deserves to be [ and taking on ALL comers] , I believe the 2 fighters are heading in different directions ( regardless of what happens today ).
I believe Ortega v Kattar will be the hot ticket by years end.

Kattars boxing in the circle of Mousasi, McGregor, Aldo and Maz .

I remember a few good boxers thru the years. Pure boxing isn’t good enough in the ufc. Drew mcfredries was a good boxer but not good mma fighter. Then there was that Irish hand grenade guy that got his face pummeled by nate dias and then that black English guy that sucker punched that curly haired black guy that was actually blond. I don’t remember all their names. Sorry!!
Dick Rambone, John Holmes, and Wesley Pipes you fucken noob.

Max does not have as diverse striking as Zabit along with the trips/takedowns mixed in. Zabit has bad cardio, but he's a top 2 striker in the UFC in the first 2 rounds
I don't really agree/see how those points make Max less effective at pressuring Kattar. You don't have to be a diverse striker to effectively pressure.

It was Zabit's kicking game that threw him off. Straight boxing Kattar has the advantage. But kicks can throw off his boxing.
Yeah, good point. Max can kick very well, just haven't been using it a lot. Curious to see how it will play out.

GSP has the best jab in mma history

tumblr_mjt9k9K4sM1qfrkf9o1_500.gif
tumblr_mjt9ofTBI21qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Jab to the body then midswitch cross, while absorbing a low kick in a safe angle.
40c49ab9676525172c026d4607b01c81.gif

1-2
gsp_ufc100_1.gif

feint slip right hook to the body left hook upstairs:
tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso4_250.gif

GSP-Drops-Michael-Bisping-GIF.gif

I have watched ufc since the Shamrock days but I really dont remember anyone with such crisp boxing skills as Kattar...refresh my memory if im mistaken here

Max could really lose this one if he decides to stand and bang with Calvin.

ps. Calvins highlights starts from 1.45

That was then, this is now. I'm not saying that you'll be wrong in prediction ( I made modest wager on kattar when he was +157------ not the case anymore 155/135 is the line I'm seeing ). Max is a legend but because of his style that put that label where it deserves to be [ and taking on ALL comers] , I believe the 2 fighters are heading in different directions ( regardless of what happens today ).
I believe Ortega v Kattar will be the hot ticket by years end.

Kattars boxing in the circle of Mousasi, McGregor, Aldo and Maz .
We will see! I don't bet this one, but I have Holloway by late round stoppage or UD

We will see! I don't bet this one, but I have Holloway by late round stoppage or UD
Good luck- love max , if I'm wrong- I'm good .....a LITTLE lighter in pocket but good. I'm overdue to be wrong on one of these , we'll see if today is the day ( have hunch my streak continues, though)

Max doesn't have the same kicking arsenal as Zabit. Max is primarily an mma boxer. So this will be more of an mma boxing match where the better boxer is going to win. Kattar hits harder so you have to factor that in, and it seems like Kattar also has the speed advantage.
You also have to factor in that Max throws more punches in bunches and is more active and willing to put shots together in the pocket, so if those aspects feature it could be more a case of the fighter with the better timing being more successful during exchanges than the fighter with more power or speed.

I think Max dominates this, I don’t think Cattar can get the better of Holloway if they stand all fight.

Marcus Davis! Took me a sec to remember that one... Paul Daley and Josh Koscheck...

I don’t know what’s will all the buzz about Kattar’s boxing. Yeah, it’s not bad. But Zabit beat him in the first 2 rounds and I think Max has a better stand up than Zabit.

Y’all making Kattar seem like a god of boxing or something.
I see Kattar piecing Max up big time. Max is pillow fisted whereas Kattar has just some pop in his punches. Max has a hella chin though so I see this going the distance with Max getting worked over 5.

You also have to factor in that Max throws more punches in bunches and is more active and willing to put shots together in the pocket, so if those aspects feature it could be more a case of the fighter with the better timing being more successful during exchanges than the fighter with more power or speed.

I think Max dominates this, I don’t think Cattar can get the better of Holloway if they stand all fight.
Yeah Max dominated him with his volume, pressure, and pace from the start. I thought Kattar would be able to put up a better fight, but it looks like Max threw him off from the start and never let him get comfortable or set long enough to let his combos off. He was always reacting to Max's combos from his high volume output.

Yeah, good point. Max can kick very well, just haven't been using it a lot. Curious to see how it will play out.
Max out boxed him tonight, but Max was throwing a lot of kicks tonight that also helped his overall game. He went back to throwing spinning side kicks, and added oblique kicks to his game, also calf kicks.

Back