Call me crazy But Gane beats Jones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always favor the guy with 7 fights and bad wrestling to beat jones. Who isn’t better at anything.

he looks stronger though. So there’s that.

His last 2 fights weren't his best, but he was competing against fighters who actually weren't afraid to engaged with him...

Frozenstruik realised quickly the counter was on against him due to speed, and decided all he would throw is a very very ineffective safe leg kick for 5 rounds, Jones has never fought someone so terrified.
thats not true, Anthony smith was terrified to engage jones..... <45><45><45><45>

thats not true, Anthony smith was terrified to engage jones..... <45><45><45><45>
Not to the same extent, he threw 75 strikes against Jones and was competitive until about half way threw round 2... I don't know if Roze landed 1 shot that wasn't a leg kick clean tonight, I don't know if he threw 1 shot that wasn't a flailing panicked hook, or a very very shit leg kick.

And nobody uses that Jones smesh as a reason to think he could beat anyone else, like they are with Gane here.

The fight might have been slow paced, but Ganes ability to go in and out, his speed and his power technique. Jones was hurt by leg kicks not as fast or powerful as Ganes...i think Ganes speed counters jons 2 in reach advantage... they both can effectively eye poke...jon will be slower after adding the bulk...i know im jumping the gun but...that dude Can use the exact same game plan with a few tweaks and win against jon... wrestling would be jons best bet, be he would tire faster with more muscle.

Gane vs Volkov should be next

I will call you crazy.

Gane would body-bag Thiago Santos and Reyes....so quite possibly.

236lb Cormier

giphy.webp
Now let's see his drug test for that fight and then what he looked like when he stopped "pulsing". Both public polls thought he lost his last two fights, one to a middleweight flunk out and the other to a guy that was just body bagged by Yan in minutes.

The fight might have been slow paced, but Ganes ability to go in and out, his speed and his power technique. Jones was hurt by leg kicks not as fast or powerful as Ganes...i think Ganes speed counters jons 2 in reach advantage... they both can effectively eye poke...jon will be slower after adding the bulk...i know im jumping the gun but...that dude Can use the exact same game plan with a few tweaks and win against jon... wrestling would be jons best bet, be he would tire faster with more muscle.

Jones still would have a reach advantage (only slight) and would use that distance better than Gane in my opinion. Gane is a problem for the HW division though.

For sure

Gane and Ngannou would murk him 10/10

This guy without his full stack of supplements lost to Reyes, Santos etc

For sure

Gane and Ngannou would murk him 10/10

This guy without his full stack of supplements lost to Reyes, Santos etc
He was on his supplements.

He has a pulsing exemption. Do you even follow mma?

He was on his supplements.

He has a pulsing exemption. Do you even follow mma?
I said full stack of PEDs bro. Of course he will still use something but he can't get away with 3,4 different anabolics in his system

He lost that superhuman strength. He can't even takedown MWs with bum knees anymore

He looked a lot like Jones on the feet. He doesn't have the grappling skills that Jones has though

His last 2 fights weren't his best, but he was competing against fighters who actually weren't afraid to engaged with him...

Frozenstruik realised quickly the counter was on against him due to speed, and decided all he would throw is a very very ineffective safe leg kick for 5 rounds, Jones has never fought someone so terrified.
There are nuanced layers to the last few jones fight that a surprisingly few amount of fans have picked up on..

All due respect, I would’ve expected better.

Only people I know who give jones that full respect are those fully immersed in the realm.

all that said, I think we all need to try a little harder when it comes to deciphering the enigma of Jon Jones.

There’s a reason why he’s moving to HW.

and it’s far deeper than “omg, he was competitive with a LHW, he will get destroyed at HW”

You’re a good and respectable poster, I don’t know you but I can feel that.

that said,

when it comes to these dominant and polarizing figures, I think they lead many astray when it comes to properly and objectively analyzing them without bias.

Jones arguably lost his last 2 fights against mediocre competition 40 to 60 LBS lighter. How can anyone even guess how he would do at heavyweight?

<{jackyeah}>

<{jackyeah}>
I don't think you're crazy!!!

There are nuanced layers to the last few jones fight that a surprisingly few amount of fans have picked up on..

All due respect, I would’ve expected better.

Only people I know who give jones that full respect are those fully immersed in the realm.

all that said, I think we all need to try a little harder when it comes to deciphering the enigma of Jon Jones.

There’s a reason why he’s moving to HW.

and it’s far deeper than “omg, he was competitive with a LHW, he will get destroyed at HW”

You’re a good and respectable poster, I don’t know you but I can feel that.

that said,

when it comes to these dominant and polarizing figures, I think they lead many astray when it comes to properly and objectively analyzing them without bias.

Oh absolutely I agree with you.. I don't even think this thread needed to be made to be honest, i'd have never even brought Jones and Gane's name ups in the same sentence had it not been to try and make 1 point initially to try and debunk the threads worth..

Which is essentially that after watching tonights Main Event, suggesting Gane beats X or Gane beats Y feels empty and forced, when I don't feel we really learnt anything new tonight, I could be wrong, but i've not read 1 post from anyone who enjoyed that, or didn't, acknowledging or noticing anything of note we didn't already know.

Granted the opinion could have existed prior to tonights fight though.. But the TS seemed to have gathered this opinion based on tonights showing, which baffles me.

Appreciate your kind words :)
<RomeroSalute>

At this point he would, and this version of Gane (who hasn't even hit his peak yet) would be a tough matchup for even the best Jon Jones. He struggles with strikers his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back