Californians

Is anyone getting PG&E power outages today? I'm okay here I think according to the website. A lot are being shutdown around midday apparently in the bay area.

Is anyone getting PG&E power outages today? I'm okay here I think according to the website. A lot are being shutdown around midday apparently in the bay area.
Im good, thankfully they dont shut ours off out here, its already crazy enough right now we dont need anything else adding to the madness.

Of course right after I post this I hear gunshots outside.
Oh, goody. Since the gentrification of Oakland has that got less though? They should be in bed at 6:30, not killing each other, the wallies.

Wonder who's going to bid the highest for him to be cooked for Thanksgiving.

Oh, goody. Since the gentrification of Oakland has that got less though? They should be in bed at 6:30, not killing each other, the wallies.
No its actually gotten alot worse.
Homelessness increased 63 percent.
Its not just people losing their homes these junkies have been flocking here because they let them do whatever they want here and reward that lifestyle.
The increase in crime lately in my area is directly related to them, and their drug habits.
Since its become such a lucrative area for dealers now they are fighting over turf on top of all the other bullshit.
Oh and theyve also caused an increase in rats.
Im glad they passed that new law here honestly.
Its not just blocks of tents anymore theyre creating dumps and trashing huge areas now.

Power stayed on here in Santa Cruz but I heard they are planning to turn it off in the Berkeley hills this afternoon because of extreme fire danger (high winds)

Gotcha. Everything should be underground here so we don't have to worry about the wildfires and overhead cables setting them off, considering it's Silicon Valley and rich in that respect, very little is being put in to fix a very long term infrastructure problem. It will cost flippin millions but every year it's like putting a bandaid on a bullet hole. I don't get affected by the wildfire power outages at least being I'm way into the city.
Doesn't help that (don't quote me on this) PG&E have filed for bankruptcy twice.
Problem is that it costs 1-4 million dollars per mile to switch the lines to underground, pg&e has hundreds of thousands of miles of line, and as you pointed out, they’re already too broke to even pay their existing bills. Would be nice but realistically impossible.

No its actually gotten alot worse.
Homelessness increased 63 percent.
Its not just people losing their homes these junkies have been flocking here because they let them do whatever they want here and reward that lifestyle.
The increase in crime lately in my area is directly related to them, and their drug habits.
Since its become such a lucrative area for dealers now they are fighting over turf on top of all the other bullshit.
Oh and theyve also caused an increase in rats.
Im glad they passed that new law here honestly.
Its not just blocks of tents anymore theyre creating dumps and trashing huge areas now.
Whenever I thought of Oakland...from like when I was a kid I thought it was a scary place. I guess the only places I've been to there have been nice places. Namely the Marriot hotel and Fox Theater and eating drinking in that area before a gig. I guess I haven't really experienced the more rough areas. Berkeley looked much worse, but if I've only seen certain areas I'm ill informed.
You have some lovely architecture there though. Reminds me of Georgetown in DC.
At least we both got to see the Machine Fucking Head 25th anniversary gig, it ain't all bad. Cool we were both there.

Problem is that it costs 1-4 million dollars per mile to switch the lines to underground, pg&e has hundreds of thousands of miles of line, and as you pointed out, they’re already too broke to even pay their existing bills. Would be nice but realistically impossible.
Yeah. It's an impossible situation which unless there's some massive buy out I can't see ever being solved. And considering what bad shape they're in, I can't think of anyone with the necessary funds to want to buy them.
I've only had an hour shut off which is fine. Wish I was in the generator business right now, they must be making money hand over fist.

Yeah. It's an impossible situation which unless there's some massive buy out I can't see ever being solved. And considering what bad shape they're in, I can't think of anyone with the necessary funds to want to buy them.
I've only had an hour shut off which is fine. Wish I was in the generator business right now, they must be making money hand over fist.
Screw PGE. 20201025_083355.jpg
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...r-years-on-its-aging-power-lines-report-says/
20201025_083444.jpg
https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/sto...t-pge-for-causing-deadly-wildfires-2020-05-07

Last edited:
Whenever I thought of Oakland...from like when I was a kid I thought it was a scary place. I guess the only places I've been to there have been nice places. Namely the Marriot hotel and Fox Theater and eating drinking in that area before a gig. I guess I haven't really experienced the more rough areas. Berkeley looked much worse, but if I've only seen certain areas I'm ill informed.
You have some lovely architecture there though. Reminds me of Georgetown in DC.
At least we both got to see the Machine Fucking Head 25th anniversary gig, it ain't all bad. Cool we were both there.
It's a weird place and definitely has changed alot since I first moved here.
It has both nice and sketchy areas , I happen to live in between them so bullshit always spills into my area.
Yeah, I miss the food and nightlife scene here.
Most of it is dead now unfortunately.
Word that was a rad show, glad I went, it was a good last show to go to before everything went to shit.

Yes. When it all went off last year, they gave a shit ton of massive bonuses to the higher ups and then filed for bankruptcy the day after. May have been the year before. They're horrible.
The head honcho in a press conference I saw last year, he looked all smug, wanted to punch the TV. But...we're stuck with them.

It's a weird place and definitely has changed alot since I first moved here.
It has both nice and sketchy areas , I happen to live in between them so bullshit always spills into my area.
Yeah, I miss the food and nightlife scene here.
Most of it is dead now unfortunately.
Word that was a rad show, glad I went, it was a good last show to go to before everything went to shit.
What's the Chinese area like? I've only seen it when driving home in the morning, and I love me a Chinatown. Not possible now obviously.
Yeah, as a last gig seeing the anniversary in their home town, I miss live music, but I'm good that that was the last one till we sort ourselves out. Just put Imperium on. "Hear me now" sends me loopy.

Husband's nephew posted a picture of his fan, with two ice block things that you put in an ice box on the front, another nephew said he was doing it wrong and the ice blocks should be on the back so it draws the cold through. Redneck ingenuity.
Word I had to do that onetime. Got two large coolers and filled them with ice and two large box fans and put them in the window. You want the fan pulling the cold air in , the other way it pushes warm air over the ice and has to cool that air down. The air isn’t as cool and it melts the ice faster.

What's the Chinese area like? I've only seen it when driving home in the morning, and I love me a Chinatown. Not possible now obviously.
Yeah, as a last gig seeing the anniversary in their home town, I miss live music, but I'm good that that was the last one till we sort ourselves out. Just put Imperium on. "Hear me now" sends me loopy.
It's honestly kinda dirty,but there is some cool stuff there.
It doesn't have any kind of touristy sections like Chinatown in most cities.
I was in a market and a guy sprayed something over my feet and under a shelf and he says to me
"oh you're good I'm just spraying for RATS".
There's some good restaurants there but I have to kinda tune out a bit at some or I'll freak out because of my training as far as food safety goes.
Im near the Korean section of Oakland, which is a bit cleaner..

Back