Californians

Word I had to do that onetime. Got two large coolers and filled them with ice and two large box fans and put them in the window. You want the fan pulling the cold air in , the other way it pushes warm air over the ice and has to cool that air down. The air isn’t as cool and it melts the ice faster.
Air con still isn't a thing in the UK either, I couldn't do without it now even though I'm happy in the 90s if I'm outdoors.
It's honestly kinda dirty,but there is some cool stuff there.
It doesn't have any kind of touristy sections like Chinatown in most cities.
I was in a market and a guy sprayed something over my feet and under a shelf and he says to me
"oh you're good I'm just spraying for RATS".
There's some good restaurants there but I have to kinda tune out a bit at some or I'll freak out because of my training as far as food safety goes.
Im near the Korean section of Oakland, which is a bit cleaner..
Oh fuck that, I'd have legged it pronto. I didn't even know there was a Korean section in Oakland though. I love SF's Chinatown and London's Chinatown. Is outdoor dining a thing in the Asian districts in Oakland? Lots of South Bay towns have pedestrianised streets so restaurants can put tables outdoors. Not even 10am and now I want a spicy hot and sour soup...just no bat.

Air con still isn't a thing in the UK either, I couldn't do without it now even though I'm happy in the 90s if I'm outdoors.

Oh fuck that, I'd have legged it pronto. I didn't even know there was a Korean section in Oakland though. I love SF's Chinatown and London's Chinatown. Is outdoor dining a thing in the Asian districts in Oakland? Lots of South Bay towns have pedestrianised streets so restaurants can put tables outdoors. Not even 10am and now I want a spicy hot and sour soup...just no bat.
Yeah I was def like "oh okay WAIT WTF?"
SF has a really cool and interesting Chinatown I lived on the edge of it for like 5 years when I first moved out here. Had some wild times living out there.
The C town out here was only doing takeout at all the places I went by and they dont even let you in any of the restaurants they block the inside with tables and take your order at the door.

A few of the Korean spots have some outside dining and a couple areas have done the street / parklet thing but thats only in a handful of spots.
Places that had beer gardens have reopened if they serve food with limited seating if they havent gone out of business but its really weird and I think you have to reserve space ahead of time at most of them.

Yeah I was def like "oh okay WAIT WTF?"
SF has a really cool and interesting Chinatown I lived on the edge of it for like 5 years when I first moved out here. Had some wild times living out there.
The C town out here was only doing takeout at all the places I went by and they dont even let you in any of the restaurants they block the inside with tables and take your order at the door.

A few of the Korean spots have some outside dining and a couple areas have done the street / parklet thing but thats only in a handful of spots.
Places that had beer gardens have reopened if they serve food with limited seating if they havent gone out of business but its really weird and I think you have to reserve space ahead of time at most of them.
It's a bit colder up with you than here, my friend will probably have to close soon because no one really wants to eat in the cold. I think SF has opened indoors again but I cancelled my Chinese New Year celebrations there in February, not planning doing that just yet. People at the time were saying I was stupid.
Do you like David Chang? I used one of his short rib recipes but didn't like it much. I do, however, really like his Netflix shows. And I really like him.
I miss my breweries and beer mates, but it'll sort itself out hopefully.

It's a bit colder up with you than here, my friend will probably have to close soon because no one really wants to eat in the cold. I think SF has opened indoors again but I cancelled my Chinese New Year celebrations there in February, not planning doing that just yet. People at the time were saying I was stupid.
Do you like David Chang? I used one of his short rib recipes but didn't like it much. I do, however, really like his Netflix shows. And I really like him.
I miss my breweries and beer mates, but it'll sort itself out hopefully.
Yeah I was reading it just moved to yellow but Im sure that will be short lived.
They were stricter than anyone about closings and now are getting lax about stuff?
Its totally for politics.
Plus their reopening guidelines actually make operations impossible or crazy difficult and inefficient in some spaces which is something I think people dont realise.

Dont know who that is, Ill look into it.
Worddd I miss bars n stuff. There was so many crazy bars in the city....brb ig2g
65fe907bbaebc1cce413b4c3b3ece56d.png

Yeah I was reading it just moved to yellow but Im sure that will be short lived.
They were stricter than anyone about closings and now are getting lax about stuff?
Its totally for politics.
Plus their reopening guidelines actually make operations impossible or crazy difficult and inefficient in some spaces which is something I think people dont realise.

Dont know who that is, Ill look into it.
Worddd I miss bars n stuff. There was so many crazy bars in the city....brb ig2g
View attachment 809902
He's a Korean chef, has guests on like Seth Rogen. Not your cheesy type Fox cook shows.
https://www.netflix.com/title/81038022

Jon Favreau and Roy Choi's show is similar.
https://www.netflix.com/title/81028317

Some say this is snobby, but I'm a food snob, and again it's kinda...adult like the other two
https://www.netflix.com/title/80007945

Back