California prosecutors drop major charges against bike lock assaulter, only has to do probation

Honestly with no priors he was never going to prison for this if he plead out. 3 years probation sucks and he can't vote in 2020 so that's delicious imo.

The main issue I have is liberal colleges will see this as a positive and he will have no problem getting rehired.

He should have gotten 1 year in prison, not jail. With 2-3 years probation. What he did was a terrible attack and could have left the guy with permanent injuries or even killed him. People die from getting punched nowadays imagine what a bike lock could do. Luckily this was a panty waist of a limp wrister that hit the guy so the damage was superficial.

If he turned in some people and his ifnrkmaton helped to reduce or eliminate the chance of someone else getting hurt them 3 years probation seems fair. Hopefully he got a healthy fine along with the probation.
$250.00

Can the guy whose brains he tried to bash in file a civil suit?

Ask a question, get an answer. You don't like discussion, maybe don't frequent a discussion forum.

Oh I see you sympathize with obvious trolls. It really isn't about not being willing to discuss issues with people on here. Just don't have a need to indulge people that are clearly just going to troll.

Honestly with no priors he was never going to prison for this if he plead out. 3 years probation sucks and he can't vote in 2020 so that's delicious imo.

The main issue I have is liberal colleges will see this as a positive and he will have no problem getting rehired.

Anyways I agree with most of this post. He got off easy this time, if he was a repeat offender then I could understand more of the outrage of calling for jail time.

When it come to him teaching again, I don't see why an assault on his record should keep a person from earning their livelihood. If you can think of a good reason, a private college shoukdbt be able to hire him let me know.

Oh I see you sympathize with obvious trolls. It really isn't about not being willing to discuss issues with people on here. Just don't have a need to indulge people that are clearly just going to troll.

Anyways I agree with most of this post. He got off easy this time, if he was a repeat offender then I could understand more of the outrage of calling for jail time.

When it come to him teaching again, I don't see why an assault on his record should keep a person from earning their livelihood. If you can think of a good reason, a private college shoukdbt be able to hire him let me know.

There's far too many trolls here to discriminate based on it.

i'm sure felons and probationers will be able to vote in cali by then

i'm sure felons and probationers will be able to vote in cali by then

Cali's irrelevant. It's going Dem every time so it doesn't matter. It's just fun that this guy was so irresponsible in his quest to get his voice out that he silenced himself.

I'm sure they can and probably have.
I'm fine with the guy getting probation as long as the guy he hit can sue the shit out of him. Otherwise it would pretty much give a green light for other dickholes who think it's cool to attack people with weapons from behind.

wouldn't even put him on probation or jail

just make him show up to the next rally/protest/riot, and pick five guys to get free shots in on him...

get them bloodstripes, call it a day

I think he should have received the Cali maximum misdemeanor sentence of one year in jail, at least.

Plea deals from prosecutors are kne of the most inconsistent and fucked up things in our legal system. Busted selling weed? Plea deal and receive 8 years in prison. Got a good lawyer and ruffled a kid? Plea deal to probation and "counseling".

apparently punching/assaulting people in the states is not a big deal

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...f-basketball-jamill-jones-20180809-story.html

Former UCF assistant coach Jamil Jones was arrested and charged with assault after punching a man in New York City who later died.

Jones spent one season with the Knights and now is an assistant coach at Wake Forest.

Police say Jones threw a punch that killed a New York City tourist who knocked on the assistant coach’s car window thinking it was his Uber ride. Jones was arrested Thursday and charged with assault.

Information on Jones’ lawyer wasn't immediately available.

A spokesman said Wake Forest had no immediate comment on the 35-year-old Jones' arrest.

Police say Jones confronted Sandor Szabo on a Queens street around 1:15 a.m. Sunday. They say the punch caused Szabo to fall and hit his head on a sidewalk.

Szabo, also 35, was taken off life support Tuesday. His family says he was visiting New York from Boca Raton for a wedding.

Jones, a Philadelphia native, previously coached at Virginia Commonwealth and Florida Gulf Coast.

Jones mostly worked with the Knights’ post players, including NBA hopeful Tacko Fall, during the 2016-17 season. He helped UCF post a 24-12 record and reach the NIT semifinals during head coach Johnny Dawkins’ first season leading UCF.

Back