California prosecutors drop major charges against bike lock assaulter, only has to do probation

Lmao... probably probation(I think he should've been charged with at the very least assault with a deadly weapon and I wish they would've piled up the charges instead of giving him the whiteboi treatment), I was just "taking the piss" as the British would say(I think that's what they say)

LoL, I mean people are outrage that he isn't in jail, when I know a lot of people that have gotten less time on probation for assault.

not sure of all the details but if the guy has no criminal past and is understanding and remorseful and the assaulted isn't permanently injured then so be it... he certainly shouldn't be allowed to "teach" as he shows a lack of judgement...

It's Commiefornia. Disappointed but not surprised.

I'm guessing ultimately the reason the prosecutors would drop most of the charges is because the black clothing and face mask saved his ass. We have a video, but we don't see for sure who it is. If all the evidence they have is circumstantial, it's not enough.

No it’s to avoid clogging up the prison/court system with every tom, dick and harry that hits someone.

Dressed in all black, with his face concealed. Hits another man with a weighted piece of metal in the head. Probation.

Ok.

This sounds super reasonable and fair.
Should probably let him go back to teaching.

Yup. Trump 2020.

I think i read somewhere that he played ball with the prosecution and ratted out some of his comrades. Might have helped with the sentencing.

he deserves 3 years in a federal pound me in the ass prison

I don't think it's too abnormal to plead down for something like this. However, a message should've been sent due to the publicity of the case, and what emotions a decision like this may invoke in people on both sides. These protests are getting out of hand, and you just told ANTIFA that an unprovoked assault won't net you any prison time. You also just told the other side to bring their own weapons and fight back, because the law doesn't give a shit about what happens to you.

Maybe Eric Clanton snitched on fellow antifa and got a lesser sentence?

1.) Sentencing is based partly on criminal history. Say this dude has nothing but maybe a parking ticket (given he was an instructor at a school high likelyhood that he has no criminal history) he wouldn't be spending any real length of time inside

2.) He plead, sentencing is almost always more lenient after pleading instead of going to trial

3.) Rumors are he ratted on people

4.) 3 years of probation is a "give them some rope and see if they pull themselves out or hang themselves with it" sentence from a Judicial Officer's perspective. It's why in some CPS cases Judges/Commissioners will let the children go back to the parents (as long as shit like abuse and drugs aren't involved) to see if the parents can take the second chance and clean their act up.

He should have gotten 1 year in prison, not jail. With 2-3 years probation. What he did was a terrible attack and could have left the guy with permanent injuries or even killed him. People die from getting punched nowadays imagine what a bike lock could do. Luckily this was a panty waist of a limp wrister that hit the guy so the damage was superficial.

If he turned in some people and his ifnrkmaton helped to reduce or eliminate the chance of someone else getting hurt them 3 years probation seems fair. Hopefully he got a healthy fine along with the probation.

Back