California Just Became The First State To Ban Sales Of Animal-Tested Products

Posted a couple of these tracks in the political song thread. This band turned me into a vegetarian back in the day.

I was rummaging through my old boxes and found all the hardcore songs I wrote in the 80s. Half of them were animal liberation songs....lol

You ever get really stoned and have a panic attack?

I smoked out my parents dog and nothing happened, years later I realized that dogs only know sobriety. They don't know what an altered state is. Kinda felt bad when I realized I just made my dog feel insanity for a brief moment.

Had fun with that dog though. Had a party one night and threw up in the bushes. An hour later I went to pee in the same spot and heard something rustling in the bushes. It scared the hell out of me cause here I am with my dick out and theres a possum or something a foot away.

Turns out I was pissing all over the black dog while it ate my puke. She sauntered out from the bush happy as can be with puke all over her beard and soaked in drunk hobo piss. I didn't wash the dog and my parents wondered why she smelled so bad later.

Hahahahahaha

I was rummaging through my old boxes and found all the hardcore songs I wrote in the 80s. Half of them were animal liberation songs....lol

You old softie. :)

PM 'em over. In my head I'll put 'em to some D-beat. :D

Ha I'll dig em up

You being an accountant, I'm sure you're a man of your word.

tomlin-celebrates.gif

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand it certainly is a good thing that animals will no longer be forced to suffer. On the other hand I'd rather have animals suffer than human beings. And I don't know enough about product testing to know whether animal testing is needed to make sure humans don't get hurt.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/02/191953/animal-testing-sales-ban-california
I feel this is a good law. I am ok with society not having a future treatment because of the ban on animal testing.

I'm more than fine with it, let's use rapists and pedos instead.

I'm sure a solution that doesn't involve murder can be found.

Find it and you'd be a billionaire.

We could magically get rid of invasive species, mass infestations and tons of other damaging "pests".

About time! There is no need to test on animals anymore.

We don't need animal product testing at all for anything.
Not for luxury products and for medication I would say test it on the sick people who need it.
If I was dying and got the choice to test a new medication or die, I and 99% of all people will choose the testing.
I would prefer testing on me over testing on animals.

Pythagoras said it best IMO...

“As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”

Weird how they love science when it comes to global warming but hate it in every other aspect.

Good point about humans being more important and sometimes animals have to be sacrificed for the greater good.

Still gotta respect balance in nature and the circle of life though.

why mock this position? It's unrealistic to expect anytime soon, but it is what humanity should be working towards to minimize suffering and exploitation of others.
Unrealistic is an understatement. Does this include fishing? How many countries do you guess would go along with this and mandate a vegan diet? And are you imagining most animals would die of old age surrounded by loved ones if it weren't for American hunters? Animals hunt and eat other animals, and a plan to fill every country with vegan diners and soy bars and outlaw hunting, as absured as that is, wouldn't even put a dent in animal suffering.

Unrealistic is an understatement. Does this include fishing? How many countries do you guess would go along with this and mandate a vegan diet? And are you imagining most animals would die of old age surrounded by loved ones if it weren't for American hunters? Animals hunt and eat other animals, and a plan to fill every country with vegan diners and soy bars and outlaw hunting, as absured as that is, wouldn't even put a dent in animal suffering.
Suffering is the default state of all life- including humans. So no, we would not eliminate animal suffering by abstaining from meat obviously. What we could eliminate is the current depersonalized mechanized factory farming that brings countless lives into existence to feed a growing population of humans.

And no, this will not need to be mandated by governments. It will be imposed on us by the harsh realities of climate change sooner or later. Take a look at what percent of America is devoted to graze land for cattle. Now imagine when the tastes and appetites of the developing world also demand meat.

On one hand, it's noble and heartwarming, and the right thing to do. On the other hand, it's a tad irresponsible.

Meh, whatever. Just don't whine if you're hair starts falling out after using one of these products.

Yall are gonna have to stop hating on steak.

Bitching over animals purposely bred to feed society.

Just shut the fuck up and leave folks the hell alone.

I'd likely get violent over a boycott of my local butcher shop.

Fucking tree huggers are killing jobs and trades.

Back