California Just Became The First State To Ban Sales Of Animal-Tested Products

As long as it doesn't effect medical testing, I really don't care.

Animals such as ferrets and monkeys with similar immune responses to ours are extremely important in the development in life saving drugs, vaccines, and treatments

As long as it doesn't effect medical testing, I really don't care.

I used to argue that people could do what they want with their private property, animals included. It's consistently principled in a way (i.e. human rights). If you've no moral aversion to torture for profit (i.e. the things you refer to not caring about) then do you draw the line at torture for amusement? If so, why?

I didn't say that. Also, your incredible level of defensiveness clearly indicates that you know it's wrong.

Just accept your own personal weakness, and do the best you can. No need to be ultra-butthurt about it.

I don´t know that it is wrong because it isn´t. Being an unatural vegan is what is wrong. So fuck off. Im having some good bacon.

That's why vegans are better people.
Most vegans a hypocrites who are only vegan to the point that it is convenient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. Most vegans drive cars, and have no issue scrapping the carcasses of dead flys and insects off their windscreen during their journey on a daily basis. Most vegans fly on planes, even though each year planes are responsible for killing an innumerable number of birds. But to give these things up would be far too inconvenient. I'd love to meet a vegan who is committed to causing no damage or harm to animals.

Most vegans a hypocrites who are only vegan to the point that it is convenient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. Most vegans drive cars, and have no issue scrapping the carcasses of dead flys and insects off their windscreen during their journey on a daily basis. Most vegans fly on planes, even though each year planes are responsible for killing an innumerable number of birds. But to give these things up would be far too inconvenient. I'd love to meet a vegan who is committed to causing no damage or harm to animals.

Keep trying.

Like most vegans, you're only against causing harm to animals to the point that it doesn't become uncomfortable. The moment real sacrifices in your lifestyle need to be made, you try and justify why making such sacrifices are not necessary. That's why you still drive a car and fly on planes even though doing so causes the destruction of innumerable animals. That's why you still eat vegetables where pesticides have been used as opposed to growing your own veg free from pesticides or live off fruit and veg that is naturally grown free from human intervention. All possible but all very uncomfortable.

Like most vegans, you're only against causing harm to animals to the point that it doesn't become uncomfortable. The moment real sacrifices in your lifestyle need to be made, you try and justify why making such sacrifices are not necessary. That's why you still drive a car and fly on planes even though doing so causes the destruction of innumerable animals. That's why you still eat vegetables where pesticides have been used as opposed to growing your own veg free from pesticides or live off fruit and veg that is naturally grown free from human intervention. All possible but all very uncomfortable.

You are making a lot of assumptions here and even if some or all are true, none of it is remotely hypocritical.

I have no need to consume animal products of any kind, so I don't.

You are making a lot of assumptions here and even if some or all are true, none of it is remotely hypocritical.

I have no need to consume animal products of any kind, so I don't.
If you call yourself a vegan then you, like most "vegans", are a hypocrite. You are not against stopping animal cruelty and suffering totally. You're just against stopping the animal cruelty that the masses are comitting while turning a blind eye or justifying the cruelty you support and commit. Supporting an industry that laces the veg it grows with poison to actively kill the animals who try to eat it isn't very vegan. You follow a plant based diet but are far from vegan, you're just a bit less of a shitty person than a meat eater lol.

I love animals, and I certainly oppose torturing animals. But how are we to supposed to test products which may have harmful effects on humans? Should we just test on humans? Or should we simply stop developing new products?

I guess it depends on what products were talking about here. If it's shit like shampoo, makeup then fuck off that's not enough to warrant doing this to animals. If it's a cure for cancer then ok let's take a second look at this.

If you call yourself a vegan then you, like most "vegans", are a hypocrite. You are not against stopping animal cruelty and suffering totally. You're just against stopping the animal cruelty that the masses are comitting while turning a blind eye or justifying the cruelty you support and commit. Supporting an industry that laces the veg it grows with poison to actively kill the animals who try to eat it isn't very vegan. You follow a plant based diet but are far from vegan, you're just a bit less of a shitty person than a meat eater lol.

You are talking out your ass here, sorry.

I don't buy any products that use animals in any way. That's a huge step to stay with and the world would be light years ahead of where we are now if even half our population would do so as well.

I bought a car at 39 (required it for work) and before that used public transit. I still prefer to use my bicycle or public transit whenever possible.

I recycle, I use green waste bins, and minimize buying wasteful products (plastic wrap, disposable packaging, etc) as much as possible.

I let a family of squirrels live in my roof this spring till they were weaned. I remove the bugs that terrify my family without killing them.

I buy local food and products as much as possible. I wish I had the time and space to grow my own veggies, but its not an option for me.

I don't kill bugs or use pesticides.

I will always support green and cruelty free options in all industries instead of the cheaper options.

So, I'm no Jainist but I do a lot to minimize my impact on the planet.

No hypocritical BS on my end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism

these are your people

You are talking out your ass here, sorry.

I don't buy any products that use animals in any way. That's a huge step to stay with and the world would be light years ahead of where we are now if even half our population would do so as well.

I bought a car at 39 (required it for work) and before that used public transit. I still prefer to use my bicycle or public transit whenever possible.

I recycle, I use green waste bins, and minimize buying wasteful products (plastic wrap, disposable packaging, etc) as much as possible.

I let a family of squirrels live in my roof this spring till they were weaned. I remove the bugs that terrify my family without killing them.

I buy local food and products as much as possible. I wish I had the time and space to grow my own veggies, but its not an option for me.

I don't kill bugs or use pesticides.

I will always support green and cruelty free options in all industries instead of the cheaper options.

So, I'm no Jainist but I do a lot to minimize my impact on the planet.

No hypocritical BS on my end.

Lol you sound just like a meat eater trying to justify their killing. "B..b..but i only eat meat thats humanely killed" sounds just like "I only eat local produce..." thats grown with pesticides that indiscriminately kill animals just trying to survive lol. You don't kill bugs or use pesticides yourself in the same way most meat eaters don't kill chickens and pigs themselves. They, like you, pay someone to do the killing for you. Like i said you're "vegan" to the point that it suits you.

You only got a car (insect killing machine) at 39 and you only drive it when its less convenient to ride your bike lol. Exactly my point, you're vegan to the point where you don't have to sacrifice convenience. When the bike journey is a bit too far, causing an inconvenience, you jump in your car, plow into insects, wiping their carcasses off your windscreen as you go.

Your personal convenience is worth more than an animals one and only existence, yet you preach against animal cruelty?

I'd call that hypocrisy.

I'm not arguing for Jainism even though I'd probably say Jainism is the only logical option if you wholeheartedly believe animals have the same intrinsic value as humans.

I believe if your eating practices cause the death or harm of animals then you can't be a vegan. If you eat veg grown with pesticides then you're not vegan.

Lol you sound just like a meat eater trying to justify their killing. "B..b..but i only eat meat thats humanely killed" sounds just like "I only eat local produce..." thats grown with pesticides that indiscriminately kill animals just trying to survive lol. You don't kill bugs or use pesticides yourself in the same way most meat eaters don't kill chickens and pigs themselves. They, like you, pay someone to do the killing for you. Like i said you're "vegan" to the point that it suits you.

You only got a car (insect killing machine) at 39 and you only drive it when its less convenient to ride your bike lol. Exactly my point, you're vegan to the point where you don't have to sacrifice convenience. When the bike journey is a bit too far, causing an inconvenience, you jump in your car, plow into insects, wiping their carcasses off your windscreen as you go.

Your personal convenience is worth more than an animals one and only existence, yet you preach against animal cruelty?

I'd call that hypocrisy.

You're just trying to be argumentative or you're trolling. Probably both. The points you are raising are very weak and petty.

I could point out all the harm your causing in your day to day life as well, but there's no point.

Supporting the green and ethical choices available to you is a great step to becoming a better human.

One day I may be able to live off the grid and grow my own food, that would be great. Till then I am making an effort to do the most I can to not to be a typical planet wrecking mega consumer.

You're just trying to be argumentative or you're trolling. Probably both. The points you are raising are very weak and petty.

I could point out all the harm your causing in your day to day life as well, but there's no point.

Supporting the green and ethical choices available to you is a great step to becoming a better human.

One day I may be able to live off the grid and grow my own food, that would be great. Till then I am making an effort to do the most I can to not to be a typical planet wrecking mega consumer.
You can point out all my flaws dude, I'm not claiming to be on some moral pedestal... I've been eating a plant based diet for 2 years, vegetarian for 8. The more I'm around vegans the more I see the inconsistencies in the argunent.

Not trying to be argumentative or trolling. Sorry if I came across that way across but most vegans are full of a pompous, self righteousness that, in my opinion, is not justifiable.

Back