Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

California Just Became The First State To Ban Sales Of Animal-Tested Products

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lord Coke, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Lord Coke Red Belt

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand it certainly is a good thing that animals will no longer be forced to suffer. On the other hand I'd rather have animals suffer than human beings. And I don't know enough about product testing to know whether animal testing is needed to make sure humans don't get hurt.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/02/191953/animal-testing-sales-ban-california

2. helltoupee Black Belt

Animal cruelty should either be legal for all, or illegal for all (citizens and corporations).

Corporations shouldn't be unaccountable to laws based on morality simply because they want money.

3. I think this is great . We are all animals and well past the dark ages where we stupidly believed that animals didn't have emotions or feelings.

If we can't develop a product without testing on animals then we don't need it or aren't trying hard enough.

My friend worked in a lab where they did medical experiments on animals. One doctor sewed a spounge into a dog's body to see what would happen. The dog wailed all day and all night too. Fuck that bullshit too while we are at it.

4. JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy Banned

I love animals, and I certainly oppose torturing animals. But how are we to supposed to test products which may have harmful effects on humans? Should we just test on humans? Or should we simply stop developing new products?

5. helltoupee Black Belt

You don't need any more products Jim.

6. *Z* Brown Belt

You need to test a product test it on yourself.

7. Trotsky Steel Belt

We need new federal standards on treatment of animals. It's a subject that is largely dominated/silenced by big corporations, but I really do think there would be broad bipartisan consensus towards stipulating some basic improvements to animal treatment, particularly in the area of meat, egg, and dairy farming. No more shoulder-to-shoulder clogged congestion in their housing, etc.

8. Ultra O’Dia Black Belt

Good.
    We should already have a pretty good idea of what chemical compounds are bad. Animals also aren’t always a good litmus for humans.
    Glad to hear this. Baby steps.

9. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

There's plenty of test subjects in the prison industrial complex. Give 'em some early release and a pat on the back for doing society a solid.

10. bobgeese Gold Belt

Well, hippies don’t wash themselves, so...

11. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Posted a couple of these tracks in the political song thread. This band turned me into a vegetarian back in the day.

12. M3t4tr0n Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Good. Next should be the outlaw of meat consumption and hunting of any sort.

13. zebby23 Banned Banned

If testing animals saves human life test away

14. nostradumbass Steel Belt

{<jordan}

15. bad seed Banned Banned

why mock this position? It's unrealistic to expect anytime soon, but it is what humanity should be working towards to minimize suffering and exploitation of others.

16. JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy Banned

IMO, a product isn't safe for public consumption unless it has been used to kill a thousand stray puppies.

17. JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy Banned

Once we're all safely adjusted to our new soy diets, we will finally have world peace

18. Ayin Black Belt

Somehow I expect this will not include all of the medications we develope, especially those used in cancer treatments, which use animal testing as an extremely important step.

19. Rygu R.I.P. Obie

I'm all for it. I completely despise animal cruelty in every possible way. It's really the only liberal viewpoint I have.

I would prefer convicted rapists, pedophiles and murderers be tested on. 1. They deserve it. 2. The results will be far more valid when applied to humans.

20. LockardTheGOAT Banned Banned

Most animals are worthless, so who cares if they're used as test subjects.