Law California Governor Gavin Newsom Bans Sale Of Gas-Powered Cars In State By 2035, Issues EO

I wonder if this will survive a constitutional challenge by car dealerships in the state or by car manufacturers. It is an intrusion on interstate commerce after all.

It's disturbing to see the liberal use of EO's by Governors lately. It's a blatant side stepping of the separation powers listed in the Constitution. A mandate such as this really needs to be brought up by law makers and put out for a vote by residents.

Many of the EO's issued lately, such as the over-bearing lockdowns, haven't be pushed back yet because there really isn't an opposing party willing to take on the challenge, mostly because of the money involved.

However, you're right on this one. There's big money available to jump into this battle if they wish. I've been thinking about how they would enforce something like this too. What's to stop out of state vehicles from coming in... It could be a giant boon to dealerships in neighboring states... lol.

Gavin Newsome seems to be a complete retard. I wonder what his local approval rate currently is. I'd ask my cousin in San Diego, but I already know he hates him.

He should ban electric cars too it takes more electric current to charge those. Only allow vehicles that have proportion systems don't require any kind of energy.

What percent of CA illegals will be able to trade up in 15 years? Tax payers already funds insurance and DL's, is a Tesla for an Illegal next on the ballot?

AFFORDABLE transportation is a HUMAN RIGHT, you bigot. Studies show that electric vehicles are too expensive for the average undocumented worker to afford! This is a denial of human rights! Tax payers must provide free electric vehicles to undocumented migrants!

You think it’s funny, but don’t be surprised.
I wouldn't be at all. The intolerance for gradual evolution is mind boggling. really, with gas becoming more and more obsolete as the primary fuel source we should expect that the alternatives should come to dominate the market just fine on their own. They don't at all require legislative ultimatums. Similarly, factory farming is disgusting and America has been working diligently to create better more sustainable food sources of higher quality food. While a vegan diet is actually not generally advisable or healthy, as the technology and education becomes better adapted so will the disgusting factory farming conditions.

AFFORDABLE transportation is a HUMAN RIGHT, you bigot. Studies show that electric vehicles are too expensive for the average undocumented worker to afford! This is a denial of human rights! Tax payers must provide free electric vehicles to undocumented migrants!
<PlusJuan>

I guess they will need to beef up electrical infrastructure to be able to recharge millions of cars on a daily basis.

No, they won't because for decades the left condemned nuclear energy which altered public opinion.

It's disturbing to see the liberal use of EO's by Governors lately. It's a blatant side stepping of the separation powers listed in the Constitution. A mandate such as this really needs to be brought up by law makers and put out for a vote by residents.

Many of the EO's issued lately, such as the over-bearing lockdowns, haven't be pushed back yet because there really isn't an opposing party willing to take on the challenge, mostly because of the money involved.

However, you're right on this one. There's big money available to jump into this battle if they wish. I've been thinking about how they would enforce something like this too. What's to stop out of state vehicles from coming in... It could be a giant boon to dealerships in neighboring states... lol.

Gavin Newsome seems to be a complete retard. I wonder what his local approval rate currently is. I'd ask my cousin in San Diego, but I already know he hates him.

Approval rating is pretty high I suspect. He’s been a seemingly effective governor/communicator throughout Covid.

I wouldn't be at all. The intolerance for gradual evolution is mind boggling. really, with gas becoming more and more obsolete as the primary fuel source we should expect that the alternatives should come to dominate the market just fine on their own. They don't at all require legislative ultimatums. Similarly, factory farming is disgusting and America has been working diligently to create better more sustainable food sources of higher quality food. While a vegan diet is actually not generally advisable or healthy, as the technology and education becomes better adapted so will the disgusting factory farming conditions.

Small farms are where it’s at. Always has been. If people weren’t out eating trash at fast food restaurants so much the amount of meat needed as filler for the diet of this country would drop dramatically, yet we could all still eat plenty of meat and be healthier as well.

I would like to see some legislation to sort out factory farms though. I think that would go a long way in helping us all sort out our diets and as a bonus would see more animals living in better conditions, and would help the environment.

Small farms are where it’s at. Always has been. If people weren’t out eating trash at fast food restaurants so much the amount of meat needed as filler for the diet of this country would drop dramatically, yet we could all still eat plenty of meat and be healthier as well.

I would like to see some legislation to sort out factory farms though. I think that would go a long way in helping us all sort out our diets and as a bonus would see more animals living in better conditions, and would help the environment.
yea definitely.

It would have to be for CA registered vehicles only. Which just opens the doors for people who move that never re-register. I expect CA car registration tax to go way way way up very soon.

The challenge that I'm thinking about is different.

States cannot unduly burden interstate commerce with local regulation. Especially when those burdens create differences between in state and out of state consumers, vendors, etc. This EO puts a burden on vendors. For example, a Honda dealership in CA can no longer sell the same types of cars as a dealership in NV. Or GM can no longer ship cars to CA that it can ship to OR. If CA is a top 5 economy for new cars and the state suddenly invalidates a whole range of potential cars from that market, it could be significantly impacting the ability of vendors to operate in CA vs. somewhere else (what if 40% of their revenue comes from selling gas cars and now it's permanently lost).

That can be unconstitutional.

I'm sure they've already thought about this and have their argument for why it's okay. Personally, I'd like to hear it and I'm curious if it would stand up in court.

how about he get a bullet train in 5 years? Stick with simpler goals, we would use cars less if there was a route up the coast and to vegas

The challenge that I'm thinking about is different.

States cannot unduly burden interstate commerce with local regulation. Especially when those burdens create differences between in state and out of state consumers, vendors, etc. This EO puts a burden on vendors. For example, a Honda dealership in CA can no longer sell the same types of cars as a dealership in NV. Or GM can no longer ship cars to CA that it can ship to OR. If CA is a top 5 economy for new cars and the state suddenly invalidates a whole range of potential cars from that market, it could be significantly impacting the ability of vendors to operate in CA vs. somewhere else (what if 40% of their revenue comes from selling gas cars and now it's permanently lost).

That can be unconstitutional.

I'm sure they've already thought about this and have their argument for why it's okay. Personally, I'd like to hear it and I'm curious if it would stand up in court.
Good point. I'm not convinced they thought about this though. You are giving the local government too much credit.

Electric cars will ultimately be cheaper, as they're simpler to produce, have less moving parts, less upkeep and less cost to fuel. Tesla has already announced a 25k electric car, expect some budget brands to go even lower.

I remember when the affordability argument was used to fight against government regulation to expedite of LED light bulbs into the market... now look at how cheap they are.

This is just one more step in a step of many. Most jobs will be gone in 20 years due to robots. Bezos and a few of his cronies will be the only ones left working for Amazon. They'll be in charge of an army of drones and robot deliveries. It's gonna be a real wicked world in the future. Mass unemployment. AI taking over everything. Most humans will be on a slope to extinction.

200.gif

Better get a gas generator for the constant rolling blackouts.

Ever hear of CA emissions compliant or whatever? This has already been done. Cars, trucks, motorcycles are all different in CA or have to be made to CA standards everywhere due to the same type of laws, though I suspect they were put in place by the legislature as opposed to executive fiat.

When the rolling blackouts hit you'll be charging your smart car with a gas powered generator <45>

Back