Law California Governor Gavin Newsom Bans Sale Of Gas-Powered Cars In State By 2035, Issues EO

I think you can actually get the Honda Clarity FCV here, which is odd considering we have no infrastructure at all. No idea what the US (and California in particular) situation with FCVs is. In Japan there was apparently less than 1000 new FCV registrations last year despite their target for this year being 40,000.
I look for electric and other cars and have yet to see more than a handful. I me a like wow look at that it's an electric car, let's stop and look at it. Still very rare and the infrastructure, despite Japan loving construction, is still lagging. You orobaycsnt leave the big cities and be ok fuel wise. Even now

If every country in the world followed suit car manufacturers would be forced to pour all R&D resources into renewable tech. There would be leaps and bounds in the 15 years from now.

Right now any effort spent on developing petrol and diesel cars is wasted and just delaying the inevitable.

Actually, last year the EU announced a similar measure. Several member states have actually annouced a more agressive cut than that too.

Stop relying on shitty US news and start spreading out your information sources.

The Republican plan in full effect in this thread.
We have a problem, Democrat tries to solve it, Republicans bitch and whine while offering NO solutions of their own.

Imagine criticizing a leader for trying to stop disaster and prepare for the future instead of just riding out the shitstorm.
Jesus isn't coming down to turn our dirty gasoline into clean, efficient fuel.

We have a problem, Democrat tries to solve it, Republicans bitch and whine while offering NO solutions of their own.

Imagine criticizing a leader for trying to stop disaster and prepare for the future instead of just riding out the shitstorm.

Not just Repubs. I got an email from the Western States Petroleum Association (WSPA) about it. Guess only rich peeps will live in Cali. There is a reason that Texas has the most peeps moving to it and majority of those are from Cali.

Electric cars have a massive battery pack. Super harmful to the environment. Worse than a gas-powered car (Civic or Sentra were the examples given) used for its entire useful life as respects the environment, and that's one battery pack. They all require replacement at least once (as mentioned at a massive cost to the consumer), so electric cars are each more than twice as bad for the environment as buying a gas-powered Civic and driving it for 20 years. As well as costing more than twice (or three or four times) as much over the same period of time. Cool.

The truth never stopped liberals before, why now?

Imagine literally letting your State burn down year after year after year because you refuse to hold a power company accountable or to manage your forests. Then blaming those fires on climate change and global warming.

And then telling your citizens they have to buy the vehicles you approve to combat global warming and climate change.

Then imagine ignoring all of the fuel efficient ICE vehicles that exist. Then imagine ignoring the environmental and financial costs of electric vehicles. And then imagine being the kind of retard that’s totally okay with this EO and uses it to try to shit on conservatives.

Imagine literally letting your State burn down year after year after year because you refuse to hold a power company accountable or to manage your forests. Then blaming those fires on climate change and global warming.

And then telling your citizens they have to buy the vehicles you approve to combat global warming and climate change.

Then imagine ignoring all of the fuel efficient ICE vehicles that exist. Then imagine ignoring the environmental and financial costs of electric vehicles. And then imagine being the kind of retard that’s totally okay with this EO and uses it to try to shit on conservatives.

Did talks of climate change and the call for a need to take action just start this year?

Imagine saying a bunch of bullshit without addressing the point that was made.
Democrats are FAR from perfect, they mostly suck, but Republicans are worse. But that isn't the point, instead of engaging with Democrats on ways to tackle problems, you just go "lol stupid soy boys" and propose nothing yourselves. Do nothing yourselves.
There are obviously some legitimate problems with what Newsom is proposing, but the general goal should be one we all share.

Did talks of climate change and the call for a need to take action just start this year?

Democrats are FAR from perfect, they mostly suck, but Republicans are worse. But that isn't the point, instead of engaging with Democrats on ways to tackle problems, you just go "lol stupid soy boys" and propose nothing yourselves. Do nothing yourselves.
There are obviously some legitimate problems with what Newsom is proposing, but the general goal should be one we all share.

The electric vehicle thing is solving itself. People are already buying them on their own as they become cheaper. Daddy Elon can handle himself, he doesn't need you guys to ban all the competition.

What is the problem here? They will ban new gas powered cars from being sold, so what? It’s not like they are forcing you to sell your used car and buy a new electric car.

So let me get this straight. We just went through rolling blackouts due to a heatwave because we can't produce enough electricity to cover a very foreseeable seasonal event. But this motherfucker wants to drive demand for electricity through the roof by forcing us to convert over to electric vehicles? Where does nitwit Newsome think this electricity is going to come from?

I mean these cocksuckers won't let us use nuclear, the only really viable alternative, and they won't let us use fossil fuels. So what is left? Green energy will probably never be enough because the laws of physics. Buying the spare capacity of other states won't work because during the times we need it they almost certainly will too.

I guess the strategy is to reduce emissions in California by making the state so unlivable that anyone who can leave goes somewhere else.

Crisis. Lol.

It’s been a crisis for 50 years now, and banning new ICE vehicles in one state, when the alternative is just as harmful to the environment will do what exactly?

Oh thats right, nothing.

Symbolism over progress, every time.

You can literally blow yourself with the “no alternatives” schtick. I don’t need to put up an alternative when I’m criticizing an idea that will help no one.

Prevent a crisis? Are you high dude? You think this is going to prevent a crisis?

The cars switch shouldn't be a problem, it's the changing of the state infrastructure to accomodate the demand for electricity. A lot of California is rural area, and diesel powered electrical charging stations isn't exactly solving the issue you're trying to solve

What percent of CA illegals will be able to trade up in 15 years? Tax payers already funds insurance and DL's, is a Tesla for an Illegal next on the ballot?

So let me get this straight. We just went through rolling blackouts due to a heatwave because we can't produce enough electricity to cover a very foreseeable seasonal event. But this motherfucker wants to drive demand for electricity through the roof by forcing us to convert over to electric vehicles? Where does nitwit Newsome think this electricity is going to come from?

I mean these cocksuckers won't let us use nuclear, the only really viable alternative, and they won't let us use fossil fuels. So what is left? Green energy will probably never be enough because the laws of physics. Buying the spare capacity of other states won't work because during the times we need it they almost certainly will too.

I guess the strategy is to reduce emissions in California by making the state so unlivable that anyone who can leave goes somewhere else.
A windmill in every lawn, paid for my taxpayers and rolling blackouts every other Thurs, Sat, Mon and Tues with 4 hour mandated no-use clauses on Wed

I wonder if this will survive a constitutional challenge by car dealerships in the state or by car manufacturers. It is an intrusion on interstate commerce after all.
It would have to be for CA registered vehicles only. Which just opens the doors for people who move that never re-register. I expect CA car registration tax to go way way way up very soon.

Back