Cain wasn't beaten by one lucky punch, he was beaten by many.

Let's not forget about the punches that JDS landed on Cain's body.

10001340.gif

Lol kongo was almost taken down by punching Cain.

Kongo gets taken down by anything.

what are you getting at exactly?

that since gsp "mentally folded" his loss counts less?

GSP redeemed himself, Cain will have full credit if he dominates JDS and then the talk of one lucky punch may be more applicable.

1.gif

People go on about Cain losing to a lucky punch like he was Chuck Liddell getting one punched by Rashad.

You can clearly see Jr land the big punch and Cain is still coherent. Two Saints then takes position and rains down on him KO'ing Mr Valesquez.

This demonstrates several things.

1. JDS has better stand up than Cain, which is obvious.

2.JDS has lethal GNP that Cain cannot handle.

3. JDS has elite grappling as he was able to keep the superstar wrestler in Cain down and put his lights out. Even GSP was able to scramble from getting his bell rung by Condit. Cain couldn 't cause JDS' grappling and GNP was too deadly.

4. JDS has great TDD as he avoided Cain's leg catch takedown. Enough to keep Cain off him completely.

16bd652.gif

JDS owns Cain in all areas except pure wrestling which will be a non factor. Cain is getting Franklin'ed soon.

Imo jds vs cain will be 50/50 , at best 51/49 for jds. They both monsters one mistake by either and "its all ova, its all ova"

Imo jds vs cain will be 50/50 , at best 51/49 for jds. They both monsters one mistake by either and "its all ova, its all ova"

I disagree, it will take many mistakes by JDS for Cain to beat him.

Terrible analysis. You stretched your opinion and you weren't objective.
Put 5k on Dos Santos and I'll shut up.

You know damn well you're not being truthful.

Lol @ the idea that that proves JDS has elite grappling.

He could, but what you presented doesn't prove it in the slightest.

Terrible analysis. You stretched your opinion and you weren't objective.
Put 5k on Dos Santos and I'll shut up.

You know damn well you're not being truthful.

You analyze the fight and point out how can be successful in the rematch.

You analyze the fight and point out how can be successful in the rematch.

I didn't say I favour Cain, because I don't.
But I also don't bend facts and stretch opinions, so it suits what I like.

Lol @ the idea that that proves JDS has elite grappling.

He could, but what you presented doesn't prove it in the slightest.

Stops best wrestler at HW from taking him down - check

Stop best wrestler at HW from getting up and pounds his face into unconsciousness - check

1.gif

People go on about Cain losing to a lucky punch like he was Chuck Liddell getting one punched by Rashad.

You can clearly see Jr land the big punch and Cain is still coherent. Two Saints then takes position and rains down on him KO'ing Mr Valesquez.

This demonstrates several things.

1. JDS has better stand up than Cain, which is obvious.

2.JDS has lethal GNP that Cain cannot handle.

3. JDS has elite grappling as he was able to keep the superstar wrestler in Cain down and put his lights out. Even GSP was able to scramble from getting his bell rung by Condit. Cain couldn 't cause JDS' grappling and GNP was too deadly.

4. JDS has great TDD as he avoided Cain's leg catch takedown. Enough to keep Cain off him completely.

16bd652.gif

JDS owns Cain in all areas except pure wrestling which will be a non factor. Cain is getting Franklin'ed soon.

Cain looked off IMO, off in his foot work. Maybe, its cause JDS has that much better footwork? I don't know, but, it appeared to me that Cain was off that night. Not saying Cain will win, just stating the obvious.

Just like Silva against Sonnen in the first fight. I thought, wow, Silva looks sick. You could tell. I just want to see a healthy Cain vs JDS and see it. This fight will show and leave no questions like in the first match.

Cain looked off IMO, off in his foot work. Maybe, its cause JDS has that much better footwork? I don't know, but, it appeared to me that Cain was off that night. Not saying Cain will win, just stating the obvious.

Just like Silva against Sonnen in the first fight. I thought, wow, Silva looks sick. You could tell. I just want to see a healthy Cain vs JDS and see it. This fight will show and leave no questions like in the first match.

Silva was injured and so was Cain.

Silva won and Cain didn't.

Silva is better than Sonnen, JDS is better than Cain.

Junior's grappling had nothing to do with the finish or the stopped takedown. He was standing over Cain and smashing him, he wasn't "holding him down" with grappling. Cain took a sloppy takedown and gave up on it. Junior meerely pulled his leg out and was able to escape it because of it not being a good shot. I believe Junior will win again, but Cain will have a different game plan coming into this one, and I'm excited to see it.

Agreed and I think the rematch will be much more competitive and no doubt exciting! Can't wait!

Then give you factual analysis.

Junior has better stand up, but I don't base that on 50 seconds of stand up fighting against Cain. I base it on his other fights.

Cain definitely has better wrestling and he can take Junior down. His takedown defense is a little overrated. I was disappointed with his footwork against Mir, though he defende well. Cain would ahve finished the single that Mir had on him.

He can stuff the takedowns by using proper footwork and making Cain worry about the strikes early.

It's ridiculous to say Junior controlled Cain etc. on the ground. Cain was pretty much out and Junior only had to throw a couple of strikes to end it. We can't draw any conclusions from that.

I predict Junior knocks Cain out again, but it's a very competitive fight and there is definitely no value on Dos Santos at -175.

I wrote that without checking back on the OP, so I must have missed something.

1. Cain Velasquez was injured (So was JDS)
2. That was hardly a single leg, Cain barely had a hold of him.
3. Fight was over a year ago, we will see what happens on New Years Weekend

I am picking JDS, but Cain has a great chance of winning.

Cain is going to be shooting in for TD's within the first min. His striking defense will have to be his offensive wrestling this time around because Cain gets tagged by a lot of fighters and the only people that took JDS the distance are let's say, significantly more durable than Cain.

Back