Cain wasn't beaten by one lucky punch, he was beaten by many.

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1.gif

People go on about Cain losing to a lucky punch like he was Chuck Liddell getting one punched by Rashad.

You can clearly see Jr land the big punch and Cain is still coherent. Two Saints then takes position and rains down on him KO'ing Mr Valesquez.

This demonstrates several things.

1. JDS has better stand up than Cain, which is obvious.

2.JDS has lethal GNP that Cain cannot handle.

3. JDS has elite grappling as he was able to keep the superstar wrestler in Cain down and put his lights out. Even GSP was able to scramble from getting his bell rung by Condit. Cain couldn 't cause JDS' grappling and GNP was too deadly.

4. JDS has great TDD as he avoided Cain's leg catch takedown. Enough to keep Cain off him completely.

16bd652.gif

JDS owns Cain in all areas except pure wrestling which will be a non factor. Cain is getting Franklin'ed soon.

jds threw a great punch, cant deny that.

but the same can be said about serra, jus sayin.

Clear this up?

Are he saying he won because of many lucky punches?

Junior's grappling had nothing to do with the finish or the stopped takedown. He was standing over Cain and smashing him, he wasn't "holding him down" with grappling. Cain took a sloppy takedown and gave up on it. Junior meerely pulled his leg out and was able to escape it because of it not being a good shot. I believe Junior will win again, but Cain will have a different game plan coming into this one, and I'm excited to see it.

jds threw a great punch, cant deny that.

but the same can be said about serra, jus sayin.

GSP mentally folded and tapped. He was emotional around that time because of a close friends death.

Cain had no choice, he went to sleep.

I think JDS wins again by KO/TKO but the third point you make about his grappling skills doesn't make much sense. How can you compare the damage received by GSP after Condit's kick to the one Cain received with that HUGE right hand from Junior? We'll see with time if JDS' grappling is 'elite' or not, it really hasn't been as tested by his past opponents at this level.

Clear this up?

Are he saying he won because of many lucky punches?

I'm saying if you believe in Luck then yes because of many lucky punches.

If you don't believe in luck then JDS just beat Cain's ass into the mud and is going to do it again.

Junior's grappling had nothing to do with the finish or the stopped takedown. He was standing over Cain and smashing him, he wasn't "holding him down" with grappling. Cain took a sloppy takedown and gave up on it. Junior meerely pulled his leg out and was able to escape it because of it not being a good shot. I believe Junior will win again, but Cain will have a different game plan coming into this one, and I'm excited to see it.

Cain will have the same game plan, stay in JDS' face and shoot for the TD if the opportunity arises.

The outcome will be the same too.

Cain was playing possum hoping that JDS would gas himself from excessive ground and pound.

He even starts to get up at the end of the gif.

Cain was already rocked by the time it hit the ground... JDS being able to GnP a rocked guy and outwrestle him on the ground doesn't say much.

I still think Junior takes the second fight as well.

And Rashad's punch wasn't lucky, he timed it perfectly. Chuck's days of stalking people around the octagon lobbing his right were over. He worked better with that strategy when he was countering by luring them in.

Cain was already rocked by the time it hit the ground... JDS being able to GnP a rocked guy and outwrestle him on the ground doesn't say much.

I still think Junior takes the second fight as well.

It says he is better than the guy and he took his championship.

I agree with your second point.

Lol at thinking Cain was OK after that punch......if he was then he would have put his hands up to defend himself once he was on the ground.

If you've ever been punched in the temple you know that your nervous system goes to hell.....you want to defend yourself but you can't.

Amen Brother....Cain always has a punchers chance, but this looks like another W in the JDS win column.

Or maybe Cain was so hurt he couldn't defend himself? JDS also hits harder than Condit. I wouldn't use this fight as an example of JDS' grappling. Maybe rather the Carwin fight.

One thing I agree with is JDS landing several shots before the big one that put Cain down. As did Rashad, he was winning the 2nd round vs Chuck with his boxing.

Saw that fight live, you should have seen the crowd, the whole place was filled with guys with Mexican flags..I got out of there ASAP Lol

GSP mentally folded and tapped. He was emotional around that time because of a close friends death.

Cain had no choice, he went to sleep.

what are you getting at exactly?

that since gsp "mentally folded" his loss counts less?

Back