Cain vs Werdum is the fight that everyone should be talking about

because JDS just took one of the worst beatings of 2012

You don't get dismantled like that and be rated above the #1 contender

Yeah, I agree. It shouldn't be absolute that the former champ becomes #2 after losing the belt. I still think it is hard to rank Werdum ahead of Santos. I think an agrument can be made to move him to #4 with Cormier at #3 though.

I agree. I don't think Cain will be trying to wrestle with Werdum and Werdum's striking so improved. It's the most interesting match up imo.

Its just that Werdums next fight is in June.

Cain will probably be fighting at least two more fights before Werdum is available. So there's no guarantee it will be a title fight then.

Really good fight, riskier than Overeem who I think Cain would easily wear out in the first then stop in the second via GNP.

I almost started a thread about this. happy you did. i agree tho this is to me the most compelling match up. would love to see this fight!

I think Werdum should be the guy Cain makes his first defense against, Werdum and Cain each have advantages against one another and it should make for a very competitive fight.

I doubt it, Werdum has a hell of a chin and he won't get TKOed by sheer volume either like Rothwell was.

It's not a matter of chin, Cain could get the stoppage from Werdum not defending himself. Werdum gassed against Overeem and the pace Cain would set would be too much for his cardio.

Last edited:
i think werdum's performances have been weird - especially against overeem - i doubt the ufc would take a chance and put him in a title fight with those antics.

if werdum can get passed jds, which would be an interesting fight, i would probably say he's earned a shot.

It's not a matter of chin, Cain could get the stoppage from Werdum not defending himself. Werdum gassed against Overeem and the pace Cain would set would be too much for his cardio.

Why would Werdum gas? Werdum has good cardio for a HW and has only gassed once in his entire career, the one fight you happened to mention, where as the last guy to be finished by Cain the way you described was Rothwell, a guy known to gas almost every fight.

Why does Werdum deserve a title shot? The heavies isn't that shallow....is it?

All depends on the stand up. Werdum cant take Cain down and there is no way in hell Velasquez is going to grapple with Werdum.

didnt kongo take cain down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back