Cain vs Werdum is the fight that everyone should be talking about

I would take Velasquez's wrestling, top game, and ground and pound over Werdum's bottom game and submissions.

Werdum's guard >> Velasquez' top game

I'd favor Werdum.

Cain wouldn't take him down, and if he decided to move forward all the time he would become vulnerable to takedowns.

So Cain would be deprived of his wrestling and his strategy to put pressure on his opponents. The UFC knew that and that's why they set up Cain vs. Big Foot instead of Cain vs. Werdum.

Rigghhht. Werdum could take cain down :rolleyes: All he'd do is flop and hope Cain followed.

Werdum's guard >> Velasquez' top game

Velsasquez' top game >>>>>>>> Werdum's guard.

Cain is like GSP. He doesn't take a lot of chances, doesn't try many submissions, but grinds people down and beats them up.

Expect Werdum to pull guard like crazy like he did against Overeem

Velsasquez' top game >>>>>>>> Werdum's guard.

Cain is like GSP. He doesn't take a lot of chances, doesn't try many submissions, but grinds people down and beats them up.

Werdum is probably the best bjj practitioner to ever come through the HW division. I feel that his guard matches up VERY well with any HW's top game including Velasquez.

This is possibly the most compelling matchup available in the current heavyweight division along with Dos Santos vs Overeem. Wedum has certainly done enough to be brought up about in contention talk.Both guys are very competent on the feet, and it would be interesting to see what Fabricio could do from his guard. I'd take Cain in this fight because Werdum doesn't have the cardio to keep up, but at least on the ground it's anyone's fight.

Cain has great posture he's never sitting in someone's guard otherwise i'd give werdum a bigger chance.I think Cain smashes werdum to a late stoppage without much difficulty.I am a big werdum fan since pride 29 but stylistically I see him getting mauled.He has looked real good though and motivated(again he's off and on imo) and I think this match will happen eventually so I plan on seeing it.It's a fight I would love to see.

Werdum is probably the best bjj practitioner to ever come through the HW division. I feel that his guard matches up VERY well with any HW's top game including Velasquez.

when is cain sitting in someone's guard.....how do people not see this?

Rigghhht. Werdum could take cain down :rolleyes: All he'd do is flop and hope Cain followed.

The point is that Cain only strikes well when he's coming forward and threatening with takedowns, and that's not how you want to fight Werdum.

Cain would probably keep the fight standing. I think he can outstrike Werdum like he did against Nog.

Well, he pretty much the #2 HW in the world; in the UFC, and likely to sub the mexifornian in a hype train crushing sort of way.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Well, he pretty much the #2 HW in the world; in the UFC, and likely to sub the mexifornian in a hype train crushing sort of way.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Werdum would get beaten to a pulp.

Would look a lot like Cain vs. Big Nog. Werdum would get boxed up fairly quickly IMO.

Werdum would get beaten to a pulp.

On the ground? When has that happened? He would not turtle and allow Cain to reign down, that's for sure.

And if Reem did not beat him to a pulp standing, or prime Arlovski, or anybody, that gimme a break at Cain doing it.

Cain would be the fav, but Werdum has been fighting top guys longer than Cain, and is not an easy task.

Would look a lot like Cain vs. Big Nog. Werdum would get boxed up fairly quickly IMO.

I think it would look like the Cain v Kongo fight, with Kongo being effective off his back once taken down. Cain has been rocked standing plenty.

Still, we ought to give some credit to Werdum's steadily improving Muay Thai. Let's not forget despite how awful that fight was he outstruck Overeem on the feet, and probably only lost the decision because of his awful strategy of pulling guard every time Overeem as much as sneezed at him.

He did not outstrike Overeem on the feet. He landed some soft strikes that did no damage, Overeem landed some very powerful strikes. At no point in time was Werdum doing anything other than biding time with his strikes. He might have landed more strikes, but he landed almost no significant strikes.

If Werdum can regain the lineal belt [the TRUE hw championship title] from Overeem, and unify it with the ufc belt from Cain, then he is the true HW GOAT.

This isn't boxing. Lineal belts don't mean anything. The only belt that truly matters is the one which will get you the number 1 ranking in the world, the UFC belt. Lineal belts don't work because mma math doesn't work.

Cain will murk Werdum via GnP or Strikes (Nog style)

Back