Cain vs Werdum is the fight that everyone should be talking about

I don't think Cain will take the fight to the ground, and if Werdum can't establish himself early as the better striker, we will get 5 rounds of Werdum flopping to the ground. I don't personally want to see it.

I am only a few pages and....

What a mind-f*** I am suffering. Who is better in standing, on the ground...

This fight should happen in 2013 sounds like fun!

Yeah, that's a good fight. I think Cain's standup skills and his chin are better than Wedum's. I also think that Cain's hands are heavier than Werdum's. Cain is a better wrestler, of course, so he is the favorite. BTW, the Werdum's BJJ is amazing, i am sure that he can sub Cain if he got the opportunitty.
I bet on Cain, and i also think that the better and safe way to his victory is keeping the fight standup.

cains chin is better? based on what?

If Werdum can regain the lineal belt [the TRUE hw championship title] from Overeem, and unify it with the ufc belt from Cain, then he is the true HW GOAT.

Werdum never lost his title to Overeem, that was a non-title, three round fight.

Frankly, if it was a 5 round fight I suspect werdum would have won, as overeem was so exhausted and had resorted to laying in werdums guard by the end of the third round--I don't think he lasts another two rounds fighting like that.

werdum honestly should have been disqualified for that pathetic display of flopping.

I am only a few pages and....

What a mind-f*** I am suffering. Who is better in standing, on the ground...

This fight should happen in 2013 sounds like fun!

Yeah, that's a good fight. I think Cain's standup skills and his chin are better than Wedum's. I also think that Cain's hands are heavier than Werdum's. Cain is a better wrestler, of course, so he is the favorite. BTW, the Werdum's BJJ is amazing, i am sure that he can sub Cain if he got the opportunitty.
I bet on Cain, and i also think that the better and safe way to his victory is keeping the fight standup.

His hands are definately heavier but chin wise Werdum looks better to me, he's taken several big shots and survived thoughout his career besides that massive JDS uppercut that would probabley have floored Hunt.

It would be interesting to see how the threat of the ground vs Werdum effected him standing. So far his sucess standing(vs JDS and Nog) has really been based on aggresion, as good a wrestler as he is that can make him vunerable to getting taken down as we saw vs Kongo(or indeed many times in Hendo's career).

Overeem could ultimately deal with it but then again Overeem had prooven to be a very effective counter fighter in K-1 before that.

Back