Cain vs Reem

Like Brock did?

Overeems skillset for me is actually idealy suited to fighting over aggressive grapplers.

Brock has nothing on cain so why even bring him up.

When Reem is fresh he will be dangerous but he wont be fresh for very long, Cains all around game is to strong. Cains too quick. Cain will out box Reem and if he sees an opening he's going to put Reem on has back and beat on him. There is no coming back from that, even if he survives the round Cain will just to it to him again and again.

I love Reem, but I see the Cain v. Bigfoot fights happening again. BTW, I'm not comparing Reem and Bigfoot, I just see Cain handling Reem in the same manner.

You are stupid enough to bring mma math here. Do you know that mma math doesn't work? You sound like a kid, seriously. And yeah, do not compare travis browne with cain either. They are also totally different fighters. Overeem was kicking travis ass badly and almost had him finished. Travis hits a lot harder than cain and has a much better chin than him. Sorry, but Cain doesn't fit so well with Overeem. He will get murdered fast.

You are a dumbfuck my friend, Overeem doesn't have a good gas tank and he is very tentative as well. He's got good knees but his defense is terrible. You speak as if his hands were something out of this world. He could not finish Werdum, he finished Brock with knees, it took him 3 rounds to finish an over the hill Mur. He got ktfo by Browne and Big foot, two guys that are way below Cain's level.
I could go for weeks, point is, i don't know what makes you think that he will ko Cain when he's not a ko machine.

Reem has 5 minutes to win, but he never used it against anyone except brock in the UFC(Mir doesn't count as Mir is Mir).

Reem is so merciful

You are a dumbfuck my friend, Overeem doesn't have a good gas tank and he is very tentative as well. He's got good knees but his defense is terrible. You speak as if his hands were something out of this world. He could not finish Werdum, he finished Brock with knees, it took him 3 rounds to finish an over the hill Mur. He got ktfo by Browne and Big foot, two guys that are way below Cain's level.
I could go for weeks, point is, i don't know what makes you think that he will ko Cain when he's not a ko machine.

Wow, this is a bad post, Overeem has 37 wins in MMA, 34 are by TKO/KO or submission, he is a finishing machine that's a 91.8% finishing rate. You are being way to general in your assessment which is why it sucks. Overeem clearly fought a different fight against Mir on purpose to test his cardio, besides Mir got better when he went to Jackson's and got on TRT, people don't like to believe it because he was losing but he didn't get finished as much and he wasn't ever going to beat Overeem, JDS or Barnett. Browne and Bigfoot fight nothing like Cain and both have much more one punch KO power than Cain. Think more about the match ups and don't act as if MMA is simple and like a video game where people are on different levels.

Cain would probably lose the first round and start taking over the 2nd and finish his ass.

"Cain will get murdered fast by Reem " ...that statement is way beyond retarded. Unfortunately I wont be able to bump this thread to laugh at you because Reem wont get a a shot at Cain in first place.

And it's not even mmath anymore. I am pointing you the facts about his last fights to show you an idea of what he's all about. Hes a very good fighter but inconsistency, bad cardio, and a bad defense are his downfall. Also his chin /heart are very questionable.

Last edited:
But the thought that Reem could completely overpower Cain in the grappling for atleast the first round wont leave my mind along with Cains not so great but not so bad chin.
What the hell has givin you this idea that the reem would out grape gain during even a single second of a fight?
So how much danger would Cain be in for the first few minutes of the fight?
less then against jds since jds has a chin and alistar doesn't.

"Cain will get murdered fast by Reem " ...that statement is way beyond retarded. Unfortunately I wont be able to bump this thread to laugh at you because Reem wont get a a shot at Cain in first place.

And it's not even mmath anymore. I am pointing you the facts about his last fights to show you an idea of what he's all about. Hes a very good fighter but inconsistency, bad cardio, and a bad defense are his downfall. Also his chin /heart are very questionable.

No, it isn't, i'm not saying I agree with it but Overeem has 31 first round finishes so it's far from retarded because if Overeem beats Cain it's most likely going to be fast and brutal.

Overeem doesn't have bad defense he has bad cardio and horrible recovery, if he manages his gas tank and improves his cardio those become smaller problems. Overeem's defense is actually quite good unless he's exhausted or just took a huge shot.

I think Cain beats Overeem but Overeem matches up much better with Cain than JDS did and IMO he matches up better with Cain than anyone at HW except for Werdum and possibly Stipe if he keeps improving.

What you did was exactly MMA math.

Cain would dump him on his head pretty quick I think. The fight would only stay standing if Cain chose to do so. Even if Overeem managed to keep it on the feet the constant pressure from Velasquez would have Alistar gassing out in a round or two.

Wow, this is a bad post, Overeem has 37 wins in MMA, 34 are by TKO/KO or submission, he is a finishing machine that's a 91.8% finishing rate. .

Put Cain against Tony Sylvester, Brett Rogers, James Thompson, ancient versions of Fujita and Goodridge, Buentello, Lee Tae-Hyun, etc. and you'd also see a magnificent finishing rate.

Overeem struggles against big punchers, but he does very well against grapplers, Cain is not a heavy puncher at all. Overeem has a good shot at stopping Cain IMO

dudes, im here to tell you. cain will tko overeem in the first round. cain is much too fast and too relentless. overeem cant take many punches and hes going to. cain wins on the feet.

Put Cain against Tony Sylvester, Brett Rogers, James Thompson, ancient versions of Fujita and Goodridge, Buentello, Lee Tae-Hyun, etc. and you'd also see a magnificent finishing rate.

That's his finishing rate for his entire MMA career, I didn't nit pick like you did.

Last edited:
Stipe vs Reem for the next title shot. Yes, the division is shallow.

Back