Cain vs Reem

Overeem should take the fight and just tell his corner that if he doesn't ko in round one he comes out and taps to start round 2 before he gasses out

Striking only he would pose a lot of problems for Cain but, contrary to what you all say here, Cain would immediately take overeem down to ensure the win.

Cain has more chances to knock him out on the feet than take him down. Cain speed and boxing can give him problems later in fight.

I'm not saying Cain cant box with him. I'm saying he wouldn't. Reem is very strong and has a nice clinch game. Cain hill have little problem putting Reem on the ground and keeping him there. Reem cant get up from under Cain the way JDS can. Reem will go the way of bigfoot in this fight.

a real title fight... bleh... i guess you didnt watch stipe fight gonzaga... who gives a shit if he beat Fabio... i bet he doesnt do that to another certain Brazilian boxer i know.... :wink:

so you use the gonzaga fight to say that stipe didnt look good, then say stipe wouldnt do what he did to gonzaga to another fighter? :icon_neut

he embarrassed Gabriel. Junior is a different fighter and, yes, I think Stipe has a good chance of winning that fight as well.

I'm not saying Cain cant box with him. I'm saying he wouldn't. Reem is very strong and has a nice clinch game. Cain will have little problem putting Reem on the ground and keeping him there. Reem cant get up from under Cain the way JDS can. Reem will go the way of bigfoot in this fight.

Like Brock did?

Overeems skillset for me is actually idealy suited to fighting over aggressive grapplers.

Nice GIF ,it was the empty gastank that got him there, he was dominating Bigfoot the first 2 rounds..

Overeem would look terrible because Cain is much faster and could wear him down in 30 sec. I bet Reem would be so scared of the td that he would allow himself to get outstruck as well.

Cause Miocic just 2 punched a LHW? No doubt the man has talent and some heavy hands but i hardly can see this going his way..

Like Brock did?

Overeems skillset for me is actually idealy suited to fighting over aggressive grapplers.

Not even close to the same kind of wrestling dude, c'mon! lol

I do agree Overeem would make for a wicked fight for one, one and a half rounds though.

Overeem is a much more dangerous fight for Cain than JDS was, he's strong in the clinch where as JDS is weak in the clinch, he's much better at making people pay for takedowns with hooks or knees, he's better at fighting while moving backwards and he's got a better ground game and a dangerous guillotine. If he keeps improving on the cardio he showed in the Mir fight he only increases his chances of beating Cain.

I think Cain beats him but Overeem is one of his toughest match ups behind only Werdum IMO.

Overeem should take the fight and just tell his corner that if he doesn't ko in round one he comes out and taps to start round 2 before he gasses out

Striking only he would pose a lot of problems for Cain but, contrary to what you all say here, Cain would immediately take overeem down to ensure the win.

Overeem has a descent sprawl, i dont think hell be on his back that quick, still it would make sense for cain to take it to the mat and work him there, no point in standing and trading for him..

Mir took Overeem down......

He did but I thought Overeem either got up or reversed him pretty quickly after, I don't remember Mir being on top long at all.

I think people are forgetting how often Cain failed on takedowns against JDS and how often he could have gotten kneed in the face or body by someone like Overeem. JDS' TDD is about the same as Overeem's actually statistically it's the same, both have 76% success rate on defending takedowns.

JDS
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/63def5a5662a6917

Overeem
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/b4ad3a06ee4d660c

Overeem also wouldn't be as worried about being taken down as JDS because his ground game is much better.

Yes, but cain yet has to survive the first 5 minutes. I don't think he can do that. Overeem will bully him in clinch and make him looks silly. Too big, too stronger and overeem is a former HW muay thay with very good clinch. Overeem has 3 x more fights than Cain.

lol dude .....Reem got finished by Travis fuckin Browne lol. Also he got ktfo by a guy Cain destroyed twice. Reem stands a chance but is not a big one.

lol dude .....Reem got finished by Travis fuckin Browne lol. Also he got ktfo by a guy Cain destroyed twice. Reem stands a chance but is not a big one.

lol, you've been watching since at least 2007 and you think MMA math works?

Cain has great hands.. probably the fastest at HW. I see this fight going with Cain connecting a combination (like he did against Big Nog) and getting the TKO.

I would def watch anyway.

Reem pretty much Oberyn Marteled those two fights he lost.

I wouldn't say smarter,

Reem is super-tactical and amazing TDD. Prob is one big glaring thing:
too much muscle=poor cardio=weather the storm to w

Reem's cardio is as bad as people think, he just can't take a punch. Once hit he becomes a zombie and doesn't defend himself. The adrenaline dump from getting hurt saps him for the rest of the fight.

If the fight goes his way and he doesn't get tagged he actually has very good stamina for a big guy.

Reem could be a dangerous opponent for Cain. I think he matches good with brown pride. He should be competitive in the first two rounds.

Back