Cain vs Reem

bambammccoy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Obviously Cain is the much smarter and more complete fighter..

But the thought that Reem could completely overpower Cain in the grappling for atleast the first round wont leave my mind along with Cains not so great but not so bad chin.

So how much danger would Cain be in for the first few minutes of the fight?

Overeem would lose in less than one minute

He is NOWHERE NEAR championship level.

Feed him to Stipe before Stipe's title shot, so we can see a real title fight

I wouldn't say smarter,

Reem is super-tactical and amazing TDD. Prob is one big glaring thing:
too much muscle=poor cardio=weather the storm to w

It's one of the most competitive fights in the UFC right now.

BUT

I'm one of Alistairs biggest nut huggers but even I will say he needs to stop Cain in the first round by knockout or sub. He would not be able to deal with Cain after round 1.

also lol at the stipe nuthugger after beating a top 20 LHW. Brawldonado is a funfighter but he's not elite and he's not a HW.

Styles make fights, Overeem in shape can beat Velasquez even without hail mary KO.

Significant danger since Reem is a capable fighter for a few minutes before Cain's pace gasses him out. Beyond that, however...

"So how much danger would Cain be in for the first few minutes of the fight?"

In zero danger since I can't remember the last time Reem has a KO'ed a top 10 hw.

If reem cant catch him within a minute or two hes done. Cains pace will gas him 5x as fast as normal which is already pretty quick

I would pay to watch Reem throw a knee aimed at Cains head.

I'm not a fan of either man so I'd love to see this fight because I'm sure one of them would get finished.

I give Overeem absolutely no chance. He's proven to have a very low fight IQ with a bad chin and cardio, while Velazquez has been an animal. Cain would have a much easier time avoiding his strikes for a round without gassing than Overeem doing the same with his wrestling. He would gas, get taken down and mauled, if he isn't lighted up on the feet as well.

Last edited:
Reem always has that chance in the first round, so I wouldn't say its impossible for him to put Cain away with a good knee.

I seem to realize a lot of you on here just like backing shitty fighters. Who the fuck thinks that Reem would even pose a threat to Cain? With all the bitching about mismatch fights you propose to watch Cain MAUL and I do mean MAUL Reem? I don't see Reem making it past the second round.

if reem cant ko cain in 3 minutes fight is over for him.

i would give 5% chance for overeem to win

Reem could win within the first 3 minutes. Cain chin is suspect, so if he can get in the clinch maybe.

no way would Cain walk onto a knee, he'd get Overeem to the floor in 20 seconds

I don't know if Reem could "overpower" him, but he would be one of the best grapplers Cain has fought. The danger would be Reem getting into an advantageous position in the clinch and landing big shots on Cain.

I think Cain would beat him though, within 3 rounds.

lol at reem not near champ level, DC was the number one contender and eco-reem did better than him against frank mir

Back