Cain Velasquez's wrestling will be his downfall against JDS.

I love thread like this bein necroed. Hahahahaba

wtf-fail-peace-sign1.jpg
I was just listening to a MMA podcast (3 pro fighters, 2 Asian ADCC Champions) and they were analyzing the JDS vs Cain fight, and I thought they brought up some really good points. They all basically agreed that JDS was going to win. The reasoning being...

that Cain, while he has great wrestling credentials and great MMA wrestling had the wrong style of wrestling for JDS. That basically Cain is the type of MMA wrestler that needs to close the distance with punches or kicks before he shoots for the takedown.(most likely because of his stature and lack of reach) And isn't the type of fighter that shoots from long range and gets a guy down.

They explained that this kind of wrestling is all wrong for a guy like JDS who has great footwork, can get in and out, and can punch from range with serious power. (not to mention great hips)

Also I noticed this is true for Cain against a lot of guys he fought. Even against Ben Rothwell who is not a very mobile HW, Cain would also punch to get into the range he needed for a takedown. And he was getting hit constantly by Ben in the process. Of course same thing happened to him against Kongo which is why he got clipped so many times. Even against Brock he employed the same strategy.

In another words JDS by KO eventually.

Hufusopem gets dub?

Well, I am going to miss your Korean mma hype threads for a month.

Just post like other great Korean posters, and don't
go against the mods.
or you will end up like fightsportasia, or other dudes that
publish their works here and get banned.

I won't go against you in this thread though,
I also pick JDS, gonna eat some cow.

Another bump? FFS.

I am big Cain fan but this is getting out of hand. We get it - most people were counting out Cain.

all things considered JDS showed some pretty solid TDD as well as great ability to get back to his feet...Cains wrestling was hardly the issue in this fight...his relentless aggression and pace was...

cain is what a guy like dhk only wishes he could be

Back