Cain Velasquez's wrestling will be his downfall against JDS.

I really would like to see JSD on the ground. He must be great on ground too regarding his long time camp with top BJJ guys.

JDS is great. but cain is going to destroy him. and after that Reem will destroy cain and become (rightfully so) the true HW champion of the world and P4P the greatest fighter ever to bless us with his presence in teh octogon.

you are quite delusional

JDS is great. but cain is going to destroy him. and after that Reem will destroy cain and become (rightfully so) the true HW champion of the world and P4P the greatest fighter ever to bless us with his presence in teh octogon.

lets see him beat a drug test first.
oh and your bias is thinly veiled there, mr overgodreem

Ok, then tell us when Cain has successfully shot in from long distance for the TD. My memory isn't good enough to remember one way or another, but just saying 'nuh-uh' isn't very convincing.

'nuh-uh' is the illegitemate step child of 'my dad is stronger than your dad'

Personally i hope he will receive a massive uppercut while desperately shooting in for a takedown.

Than i will be interested in his career again. Once he will be out of contendership and will have to face guys like Frank Mir, Nog in a rematch, ARLOVSKI when he comes to the ufc, barnett etc. Than we will truely see what cain is made of.

Rothwell, kongo, lesnar etc. The only win i give him credit for is taking out nog.

But Sherdog believes he can just shoot for takedowns out of nowhere like magic...

I usually get nervous when my favorite fighters climb the octagon against strong competition. But i'll be really relaxed to watch this fight because my boy JDS will have 25minutes to knock Cain's head off, and he will do so in less than 15.

Don't most wrestlers close the distance with kicks and punches to set up the TD in the first place?

Cain actually landed some good kicks and punches in the first fight but didn't set up his TD, he just waited until JDS gave him the opportunity instead of imposing his will like he normally does.

Don't most wrestlers close the distance with kicks and punches to set up the TD in the first place?

Cain actually landed some good kicks and punches in the first fight but didn't set up his TD, he just waited until JDS gave him the opportunity instead of imposing his will like he normally does.

JDS was moving and countering. Cain could land a little but he couldn't close the distance. Imposing will is not a technique I am familiar with. Cain can't just rush JDS. Jr is very comfortable counterpunching while moving backward.

cain needs to work on his greco and learn tds from the clinch. shooting for the legs isn't going to work against jds.

like i said before in another thread, cain should go for the td as a counter not as an attack. that way he has a better chance of getting it as jds has foward momentum coming in, it will give cain an edge to get the td because jds will be a step behind in defending it. the problem now is not getting hit in the process. a safe approach would be the best tactic. maybe lateral movement and keeping his hands up would do the trick baiting jds in for the counter.that and really picking his shots during striking exchanges.

I agree with that analysis.

Frank Mir had a great one.

"I think the way to beat Dos Santos is to close off the cage, to put him against there and put him down on the ground. Lets test his abilities in other areas. He’s already proven he’s an unbelievable fighter when it comes to the open area. His footwork, his speed. I think if you want to take the champion away from that, you have to take him out of that element. I think Velasquez has the potential to possibly do so. That being said he’s already tried once and came up short and Dos Santos, so far no one has really figured out the riddle on really how to cut him off and get him down to the ground. No one has been able to really be dominant at all, or even show a ***** in his armor. As of right now, he goes around and he does what he does best and no one is able to stop him."

I like how he refers to JDS as a riddle, which most people don't think about, but it really is the case

Mir knows what the fuck is up. And it's really hard for me to imagine Cain winning. He's going to have to get close to Dos Santos to try and take him down, but I see him getting KOd in the process. I don't even know how Cain is going to survive to be honest. If he wins, good for him, but I just can't see it at all.

And another thing, we haven't seen Junior on the ground. I believe he's got a great ground game. Imagine if he got taken to the ground, as people think that's his weak area and he got an unbelievable sub win. Then he'd really be seen as unstoppable.

Back