cain...one lucky punch.

Trolls are like crack rocks. You know you'll hate yourself after you light them up, but somehow you just can't resist.

JDS himself said that the right didn't hurt him at all. /End thread/.

Which right? Did we see the sane fight? A right that knocked him down followed up by a bout forty nine thousand more while JDS could barely defend his face on the floor?

Cain landed a bunch of punchs, a few kicks and a big knee to the body before that one. Working a guy over, wearing him down and connecting on a big shot is not luck.

JDS said he felt in the best shape coming into the fight.

Eating punches = takes away from your cardio/conditioning. None of you guys ever sparred before?

Coming into a fight, fighters say anything. Ever heard a fighter say they hate the other dude and then either touch gloves during the right or have a man hug after the fight?

No wag I'd go into a fight telling my opponent I'm already injured or that I didn't take training seriously. Maybe that's just me.

Well the answer is in the OP.

Cain's punch wasn't lucky. Neither was JDS' in their first match. In a different thread on a similar topic some one contributed 'luck is when preparation meets opportunity'. I think that is a very good description.

Cain was definitely better prepared this time around. he dictated where the fight was going and so I don't think 'luck' had anything to do with it.

Coming into a fight, fighters say anything. Ever heard a fighter say they hate the other dude and then either touch gloves during the right or have a man hug after the fight?

No wag I'd go into a fight telling my opponent I'm already injured or that I didn't take training seriously. Maybe that's just me.

He said this after the fight buddy.

Cain landed a bunch of punchs, a few kicks and a big knee to the body before that one. Working a guy over, wearing him down and connecting on a big shot is not luck.

Thank you, someone who actually watched the fight..

After JDS' punch the fight was over so we didn't get to see how the fight would unfold. After Cain's punch the fight kept going like any other hard punch that usually lands on any fighter and we got to see what happened. It's not that JDS did not recover, what happened is that JDS did not know how to handle a fighter who pressured him like Cain did and mixed it up with striking and takedowns as well as Cain. Who knows? What if JDS's first fight punch did not end the fight? Maybe the fight would have ended looking also like it did in their second fight.

The first fight was finished early with one big punch that landed nicely behind the ear. It was over before the fight really got going on so it left everyone speculating. This fight continued and we saw what happened. You are probably one of the guys who call Cain "pillowfists" so that punch couldn't really have done too much damage anyways right? He's eaten bigger punches from Carwin and recovered nicely so this was not problem. I'm pretty sure that if Cain did not land that big game changing punch he would have still outclassed him like he did.

Last edited:
So suddenly JDS won via one lucky punch but Cain somehow is the ultimate fighter.

Is it just me or did Cain not win because he landed one big lucky punch that JDS simply never recovered from.

Prior to that punch did it not look embarrassing for Cain with the most desperate take down attempts from half the cage away?

Of course you can dominate a fighter who is so punch drunk he can barely stand up. I say props to JDS for even surviving round one. Cain was not so hardy when he took a punch...

One lucky punch huh? Stop being butt hurt. JDS got handled, all 25 minutes. If you are going to play the troll move, then so be it. But stop bleeding from your butt.

Thank you, someone actually watched the fight..

He also had JDS's stance all out of whack because he was worried about Cain shooting.

Weird all the shit you can learn from watching it vs watching the highlight on Sportscenter and reading about it.

Cain is my favourite HW, but lets not make excuses about the 1st fight. Cain didn't have the right gameplan the first time and he got caught by trying to fight technical against JDS in the center of the cage. Injured or not, Cain knew what he did wrong in the 1st fight and he didn't blame the injury, he blamed himself for the way he fought that night. Cain had a good gameplan the 2nd time, and it worked perfectly.

Both Junior and Cain's wins count. Lets let this shit go please.

Agree with you buddy. I also think Cain was so good in the 2nd fight due the to fact he knew what not to do, which is what he learned from the first fight. I think Junior will do the same thing with this fight, knowing what he should brush up on. The third fight will be epic.

He also had JDS's stance all out of whack because he was worried about Cain shooting.

Weird all the shit you can learn from watching it vs watching the highlight on Sportscenter and reading about it.

Totally agree, Cain implemented his game plan perfectly (with the early take down), causing JDS to keep guessing, which allowed him to work upstairs with punches and kicks.

Cain was dominating the first two rounds....from that point they both looked gassed and terrible.

same could be the same about the first fight...one so called "lucky" punch is all it takes with these big men to do serious fucking damage

TS using his troll account.. Fuck.. Man up and use your real shit...

Oh ho ho, the irony of people saying Cigano got hit with a lucky punch after a year of half the people on this board talking about how Cain was going to get KO'd in 30 seconds again.

Agree with you buddy. I also think Cain was so good in the 2nd fight due the to fact he knew what not to do, which is what he learned from the first fight. I think Junior will do the same thing with this fight, knowing what he should brush up on. The third fight will be epic.
I don't think that's too likely. I think his knee injury altered his gameplan the first time. Why would he fight JDS differently than he fought Kongo? Sure, he's better at setting up his takedowns with strikes now, but that wasn't really what he was doing in the first JDS fight, he was just lacking his aggressiveness. It makes sense that if he had a fairly serious knee injury (that still was possible to fight on) he lacked confidence in pushing the pace with wrestling like he usually does against strikers.

By Round 4, this fight reminded me a lot of the Sakuraba vs Royce Gracie Round 7 (15 min rounds). That was such an intense fight. Two guys, exhausted and hurting, giving everything they got just to hang in there. Cain definitely proved his worth in being the champion, but I am so amazed that JDS never gave up and continued to keep standing. Cain really should have subbed him instead of trying to finish him with strikes. He was letting his pride dictate his fight instead of his mind. It could have cost him. Fortunately, it didnt. I am curious to see how Reem will handle his takedowns.

Back