cain...one lucky punch.

rubadub311

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
To clear out something...

I see most of the people's logic is that first fight was luck and didn't prove anything as the second fight was a 5 round beat down. They promote Cain as the better fighter....

Think about it that way - if the ref didn't stop the first fight and let JDS pound Cain's unconscious body for 5 rounds what could have happened? I bet it would be more dominant don't you think?

So JDS's superior chin makes Cain the better fighter??? Please???

Start thinking people...

I am not buthurt I like them both...

JDS fan boys are really but hurt don't worry he'll get another shot someday..in the meantime get off his nuts so he can heal up..

2yvw200.gif

No but seriously, punching someone behind the ear to win is not domination.

I think people's logic is more to do with if JDS doesn't catch Cain early Cain will most likely run away with the decision or late tko after outworking and gassing Junior out. He also beat him in every aspect of MMA in the second fight after out striking and dropping him when he was suppose to have "far inferior striking" according to most people around here before the fight, and you can't really learn much about the match up from a one punch hay-maker KO like the first fight as it was pretty much over before it started. Not taking anything away from Junior in the first fight but I feel Cain overall is the better mixed martial artist.

all this cain and jds stuff is stupid. cain proved on saturday he is the better all around fighter, but it doesn't mean jds can't beat him in a fight. before the fight, i would get annoyed at all the people who made it seem like cain didn't belong in the cage with jds because of the first fight. that's just stupid.

No but seriously, punching someone behind the ear to win is not domination.

But proceeding to beat the shit out of his unconscious corpse IS.
Datz logic!

Cain's domination started also after landing a haymaker so what's your point?

If the ref didn't stop the first fight JDS could have dominated all the MMA aspects with Cain's unconscious body, don't you think? Got my point?

Cain is my favourite HW, but lets not make excuses about the 1st fight. Cain didn't have the right gameplan the first time and he got caught by trying to fight technical against JDS in the center of the cage. Injured or not, Cain knew what he did wrong in the 1st fight and he didn't blame the injury, he blamed himself for the way he fought that night. Cain had a good gameplan the 2nd time, and it worked perfectly.

Both Junior and Cain's wins count. Lets let this shit go please.

junior exposed

Tell me who else in the division can keep a pace like that against JDS? Junior wasn't exposed at all. The only person who is going to keep up that kind of pace is going to be Cain, because Alistair sure as hell can't do it, neither can Werdum.

Please, stop. This whole "exposed" thing is annoying. First fight JDS loses he's "exposed". BJ Penn has been exposed, put him against the fence for a little bit or make him work by defending TD's, he gasses then you can have you way with him. That's more of an "exposed" then what happened to JDS. Cain just had Junior's number that night and pushed the pace and didn't let JDS breathe, nobody else right now has cardio like Cain and won't be able to push that kind of pace without slowing down and possibly getting caught and losing to Junior.

Tell me who else in the division can keep a pace like that against JDS? Junior wasn't exposed at all. The only person who is going to keep up that kind of pace is going to be Cain, because Alistair sure as hell can't do it, neither can Werdum.

Please, stop. This whole "exposed" thing is annoying. First fight JDS loses he's "exposed". BJ Penn has been exposed, put him against the fence for a little bit or make him work by defending TD's, he gasses then you can have you way with him. That's more of an "exposed" then what happened to JDS. Cain just had Junior's number that night and pushed the pace and didn't let JDS breathe, nobody else right now has cardio like Cain and won't be able to push that kind of pace without slowing down and possibly getting caught and losing to Junior.

Cain dropped him in the first, landed plenty of shots before that. Its the aggression and pressure. JDS is the next Barboza.

Cain dropped him in the first, landed plenty of shots before that. Its the aggression and pressure. JDS is the next Barboza.

JDS is a champion and showed tons of heart and stayed in the fight until the end. JDS will go back and work on his cardio tons and will learn how to deal with the pressure better for future opponents.

He's not going to be "the next Barboza". JDS has won all of his fights convincingly besides this one, Barboza has arguably lost against Njokuani, Pearson and then eventually got finished by Varner. Nobody else in this division will be able to keep this kind of pace Cain put up for JDS to deal with. Cain is unique when it comes to that, and he's known for his cardio. Who else will be able to do this to JDS?

That209, your words are wisdom! I agree with everything you said in this thread.

They both dominated each other. Cain and Dos Santos are the two best heavyweights in MMA I think.

JDS is a champion and showed tons of heart and stayed in the fight until the end. JDS will go back and work on his cardio tons and will learn how to deal with the pressure better for future opponents.

He's not going to be "the next Barboza". JDS has won all of his fights convincingly besides this one, Barboza has arguably lost against Njokuani, Pearson and then eventually got finished by Varner. Nobody else in this division will be able to keep this kind of pace Cain put up for JDS to deal with. Cain is unique when it comes to that, and he's known for his cardio. Who else will be able to do this to JDS?

Cormier, possibly Barnett, Overeem and possibly Werdum.

A few could do that and that is only at HW. JDS is a tough opponent but he did get exposed in the case of having a singular skill attribute that could be rendered ineffective and not having the ability to make adjustments in fight.

The issue is if other fighters can implement that wrestling based strategy and JDS cant make adjustments like in the Cain fight he wont be coming back. The biggest issue I saw in the domination of JDS was his fight IQ and his inability to make even critical adjustments to cater to his strengths.

Last edited:
So suddenly JDS won via one lucky punch but Cain somehow is the ultimate fighter.

Is it just me or did Cain not win because he landed one big lucky punch that JDS simply never recovered from.

Prior to that punch did it not look embarrassing for Cain with the most desperate take down attempts from half the cage away?

Of course you can dominate a fighter who is so punch drunk he can barely stand up. I say props to JDS for even surviving round one. Cain was not so hardy when he took a punch...

So suddenly JDS won via one lucky punch but Cain somehow is the ultimate fighter.

Is it just me or did Cain not win because he landed one big lucky punch that JDS simply never recovered from.

Prior to that punch did it not look embarrassing for Cain with the most desperate take down attempts from half the cage away?

Of course you can dominate a fighter who is so punch drunk he can barely stand up. I say props to JDS for even surviving round one. Cain was not so hardy when he took a punch...

So where is that rock you crawled out from under.

Before the big punch Cain was dominating in shots landed according to compubox not to mention the takedowns

Back