"Cain is a good kickboxer"

listen i like JDS i think he's a great fighter.
but he is going to get pounded. first on the feet and then on the ground. Cain is just to good for him. im not saying JDS is bad im just saying Cain is THAT good. and after that is done the true HW champion Reem will come in and swoop what is rightfully his. shame that such skilled guys like Cain and JDS had to be in the same division as Overeem. if they were anywhere elnse they would definitly win a title and hold onto it.

JDS, finishes Cain in round 3 via tko. Then when JDS VS Reem, round 2, Reem throws some kicks, lands a couple on JDS, Reem throws another, JDS answers with a over hand right, knocking out the Reem. Its the only way I see it buddy

and who is stupid enough to believe cain can actually execute the gameplan of ground n pounding jds to a tko...

obvs you wouldnt believe that or youd lose your boner.

Cain's striking looks very good when he's not fighting JDS. Cain is no slump on his feet. You dont win 9 of your 10 fights via KO without being a good striker. Not to say it would be foolish for him to come in with a game plan to sit and trade with the best striker in the division, just like it would be foolish for JDS to come in and try to wrestle his way to a victory. These guys are at the top of there division when it comes to each individual discipline imo.

That fight was awesome. In fact, all Cain fights are apart from JDS. I love how he just beats the hell out of people, especially fat guys.

Cain's a badass. He's going to take the belt back on Saturday (I hope)

JDS, finishes Cain in round 3 via tko. Then when JDS VS Reem, round 2, Reem throws some kicks, lands a couple on JDS, Reem throws another, JDS answers with a over hand right, knocking out the Reem. Its the only way I see it buddy

i see Cain dominating the stand-up. and TKO by ground-n-pound in the 3rd
Reem by first round knock-out prolly the first punch with the the nuclear weapons he calls arms.
and then i have Reem winning against JDS via TKO because i think JDS has the chin of a cockroach and can actually survive the nuclear explosion that happens when Reem hits someone on the chin.

his offense is pretty good, but his defense is pretty bad.

The only reason I mentioned JDS is because some people were saying Cain is the better kickboxer. Forget JDS, name one striker he's won a striking battle against.

Well Cain KO'd Big Nog who is known for good boxing. Also Cain matched well against Kongo. But yeah I see your point.

Anyone who throws leg kicks and kicks in general has world class striking according to Joe Rogan.

Cain throws his leg kicks very well for a wrestler. I personally don't have a problem with saying that "Cain is a good kick boxer." I don't think that he's the better striker than JDS, but that doesn't mean that Cain strikes poorly. He may even have more diverse striking, since he does throw more kicks.

no time to read 7 pages of this, but youre silly, maybe even just plain retarded, if you think cains stand up isnt good. "one good combination on Nog" lol but ya know, the Nog fight was his first ever fight right? or maybe cuz Kongo rocked him he has shitty striking. or maybe cuz he doesnt have JDS power? and his fights pre-nog are against cans so it means his striking is overrated? this place is full of fuckin idiots lol

He has outstruck everybody except JDS and Kongo which was way back

Incidentally those being the only two strikers he has ever faced.

Cain's striking looks very good when he's not fighting JDS. Cain is no slump on his feet. You dont win 9 of your 10 fights via KO without being a good striker.

You do if you face non-strikers and beat all except one via ground n pound TKO. Lol no one's addressing this point I've made about 5 times now.

Incidentally those being the only two strikers he has ever faced..

I wouldnt say just those two either, Rothwell was actually outlanding Cain standing at the start of the match and had him looking for the takedown.

I've never seen Cain kick effectively consistently in a fight.

He's good, the kicks he throws don't look like they're from a wrestler. His kicks are better technically than his punches, but those are good as well. Good combinations. His feet are in position constantly, too.

The big negative is him rushing forward and getting tagged. He abandons his head movement when he's close, and just flurries forward or waits to counter. Likes to brawl. That's when he gets hit a lot.

I'd say he's about top 5 in the division. Behind Reem, Hunt, JDS, Barry and Kongo; but above Bigfoot, Browne, Nog, Mir, Werdum, Nelson...and the rest.

Cain is a decent mma striker, let's keep it that way.

To be a good kickboxer he would need to learn to defend his head better, cuz he would get KTFO often by kickboxers fighting like that.

This is one of the worst misconceptions on sherdog, analysis of strikers often goes like

Fighter 1 has punches, and kicks
Fighter 2 has punches, kicks, knees, elbows so he is a better all round striker

Just because they chose to throw different strikes, its ridiculous. And yes i agree JDS is a better kickboxer even if he doesnt throw a single kick or knee.

If by being a good kickboxer is opening yourself up with sloppy weak leg kicks and getting countered by a hammer every time than yes hes a fenominal kickboxer!

Cain throws his leg kicks very well for a wrestler. I personally don't have a problem with saying that "Cain is a good kick boxer." I don't think that he's the better striker than JDS, but that doesn't mean that Cain strikes poorly. He may even have more diverse striking, since he does throw more kicks.

JDS hit Carwin and Nelson with head kick.Cain just using low kicks.JDS kicking is more effective.Head kicks hurt more than leg kicks. Just Carwin and Nelson chins r too good.

And JDS rarely use kicks since he is fighting grapplers like Mir who could snap your knee when he catch kick and Cain.

For someone that comes from a wrestling background he's good imo

Back