"Cain is a good kickboxer"

He has terrible striking defense and leaves himself very open to counters

He landed 1 good combo on Nog and this myth was born that Cain is a high level kickboxer. He has decent kickboxing and can outstrike a lot of heavyweights but he's not even close to JDS in terms of striking

he landed a LOT of good combos on nog

It's because he fought world class strikers in:

Brad Morris
Jake O'Brien
Dennis Stojnic
Cheick Kongo
Ben Rothwell
Big Nog who was old as hell
Brock Lesnar

It's because he fought world class strikers in:

Brad Morris
Jake O'Brien
Dennis Stojnic
Cheick Kongo
Ben Rothwell
Big Nog who was old as hell
Brock Lesnar

lol, though Big Nog did look old as hell in that fight, he's not actually near as old as he looks.

I wouldn't say he's not good, but he is defiantly overrated in the striking department. I think that showed in the fight against Kongo.

he has pretty good technique IMO and has faired well so far... possible suspect chin, we'll see

"Cain is a good kick boxer" =/= "Cain is a better kick boxer than JDS"

I've seen a bunch of posts saying this and it leaves me dumbfounded. He'd lose a kickboxing match to JDS, so how is he the better kickboxer?

What has being a good kickboxer have anything to do with losing to the champ. You quoted it yourself "good kickboxer" not a superior striker to Junior Dos Santos.

What has being a good kickboxer have anything to do with losing to the champ. You quoted it yourself "good kickboxer" not a superior striker to Junior Dos Santos.

The only reason I mentioned JDS is because some people were saying Cain is the better kickboxer. Forget JDS, name one striker he's won a striking battle against.

Cain's striking is massively overrated, I can't think of anyone with more overrated striking...

Cain's striking is massively overrated, I can't think of anyone with more overrated striking...

He has outstruck everybody except JDS and Kongo which was way back

a good kick boxer? forget that... what matters in this fight is that Cain is a much better wrestler and has a good chance at getting JDS down. JDS has shown zero gound skills so far so... Both guys could win but lets be honest here.. who is stupid enough to think Cain hasnt learnt from the first fight and cant come up with an obvious gameplan to ground and pound JDS to a TKO? .... ???

and who is stupid enough to believe cain can actually execute the gameplan of ground n pounding jds to a tko...

Cain is more effective with kicks and knees, where-as JDS just favors boxing.

listen i like JDS i think he's a great fighter.
but he is going to get pounded. first on the feet and then on the ground. Cain is just to good for him. im not saying JDS is bad im just saying Cain is THAT good. and after that is done the true HW champion Reem will come in and swoop what is rightfully his. shame that such skilled guys like Cain and JDS had to be in the same division as Overeem. if they were anywhere elnse they would definitly win a title and hold onto it.

Cain does some things quite well in the stand up. He's too aggressive and wide open in exchanges, though (and he is very eager to exchange).

Pretty much this. He's offensively sound but defensively flawed.

listen i like jds i think he's a great fighter.
But he is going to get pounded. First on the feet and then on the ground. Cain is just to good for him. Im not saying jds is bad im just saying cain is that good. And after that is done the true hw champion reem will come in and swoop what is rightfully his. Shame that such skilled guys like cain and jds had to be in the same division as overeem. If they were anywhere elnse they would definitly win a title and hold onto it.

lol

Back