Buying a new watch for $300-$500

lkGU2Y.png

There is something beautiful about the simplicity of the Hamilton khaki automatic though. I might have to try that on and if I like, may have to buy that!

My next purchase will be a Breitling Avenger

breitling_chrono_avenger_sky_watch.jpg

Best entry level automatic:
SKX007J-P.jpg

Steinhart Ocean 1, another nice sub copy, ceramic bezel:

610023722ocean_blk_01.jpg

For a dressier watch a Hamilton on leather or an Oris Big Crown POinter Date:

OrisBigCrown6.jpg

Take a look at the seiko sarb033. Clean looking watch, has the 6r15 movement, hacking and self winding, 50 hr power reserve, Sapphire crystal, date at 3, exhibition back. If you look around you can get it for $300.

While I don't have this particular model I do have seikos with the same movement....along with numerous other watches. The one I suggested gets amazing reviews from regular people down to watch freaks over on watchuseek. Com

Waste of money.

Wearing a $300-500 watch is just advertising the fact that you can't afford a $3-5k watch. Save up and buy Cartier or a Rolex.

Best entry level automatic:
SKX007J-P.jpg

It's a nice watch but the movement is hit or miss (7s26). Mine started going +1 min per day for a week or so until it settled to around +30. I hear some people have good luck with the movement but I have not.

Waste of money.

Wearing a $300-500 watch is just advertising the fact that you can't afford a $3-5k watch. Save up and buy Cartier or a Rolex.

WTF are you talking about? Just because someone saves up for something, doesn't mean they can afford it. My friend has a Mercedes E350, but she wants to get rid of it because she can't afford the $1,000 service charge when she goes in for maintenance. Servicing a Rolex is $600 and up. I'm guessing service for the ETA 2824 would be under $200.

I like vintage Omegas. You can get them for around $500 or so.

131577379_stunning-mens-1965-vintage-omega-seamaster-black-dial-.jpg

Waste of money.

Shame on you for mentioning Cartier in the same breath as Rolex.

Humble brag thread detected.

Daniel wellington watches are a great choice for that budget.

Back