Buying a new watch for $300-$500

I like the look of Longines watches, too. But they are expensive, but pretty damn dapper looking!

For a dressier watch a Hamilton on leather or an Oris Big Crown POinter Date:

OrisBigCrown6.jpg

very nice. would buy

is it 500 range though?

Last edited:
Buy a knock off for 20 bucks and donate the 500 bucks to save the children or oxfam.

photo_3.jpg

i want a new watch, something stylish and that can go well with a suit, but also cool enough to go well with a pair of jeans and a coat/cardigan.

Looking for something with a stainless steel, silvery color band, with round dial/face in black.

Would like a mechanical as opposed to Quartz, movement as they are more cool IMO.

Been looking at Hamilton and Citizen watches.

Anyone got any advice on this? Thanks in advance!

Looking to spend 300- 500 dollars, want some something nice, but not too expensive that I'm scared to wear it in case it breaks or I come across as too snooty.
citizen's a good watches. For a little more you can get a Tudor which made by Rolex and has similar styling

You guys are crazy... I have a rubber fitness watch I wear all the time. $100. Zero fucks given.

Buy a knock off for 20 bucks and donate the 500 bucks to save the children or oxfam.

photo_3.jpg
I could follow you around all day and comment on every purchase that you make and suggest you get something cheaper and donate the difference to kids and charities.

But that would make me an ass.

You guys are crazy... I have a rubber fitness watch I wear all the time. $100. Zero fucks given.

Hey, I'm wearing a g-shock on the regular, too. But, Im just looking to buy something special, something dapper to go with a suit. Something different to match with a few of my smarter outfits.

I got 2 jobs and work my ass off everyday. Nothing wrong with in enjoying the fruits of your labor and buying something nice that you want.

Last edited:
I could follow you around all day and comment on every purchase that you make and suggest you get something cheaper and donate the difference to kids and charities.

But that would make me an ass.

Not sure about the ass part but it would certainly make you a stalker. I really don't see the point in such displays of opulence, just offering my 2 cents on a public forum and suggesting how your money could be better spent. Take it or leave it.

Hey, I'm wearing a g-shock on the regular, too. But, Im just looking to buy something special, something dapper to go with a suit. Something different to match with a few of my smarter outfits.

I got 2 jobs and work my ass off everyday. Nothing wrong with in enjoying the fruits of your labor and buying something you want.
Thats true, Buddy. Enjoy that shit...

Not sure about the ass part but it would certainly make you a stalker. I really don't see the point in such displays of opulence, just offering my 2 cents on a public forum and suggesting how your money could be better spent. Take it or leave it.
Ok. Fair enough.

I have expensive watches and I wear a g shock most of the time. I like nice watches. It's a hobby of mine. People think its stupid but so are most hobbies.

Tudors cost thousands man. That's more than "a little more".
I bet you can find a Tudor for less than 1k

Theres also a watch company out of Detroit called 'Shinola' they have some nice looking watches. Vintage/retro, that type thing

I'm glad theresults a group of posters here that still wear watches. I thought about making a thread like this for awhile but didnt

Back