Building a Gym

Are the slides permanent on the beam? Trying to figure how they slide up and down once bolted to wall.
The 3 x 3 is bolted to the wall
The attachments use 5/8 pins to mount to the 3 x 3 tubing. I made the wall mounted tubing to match my rogue rack so the attachments can be used on either.

bad ass! Looks like a custom fab piece they'd want $350 + shipping. 20 second set up and completely out the way. Hows the movement area?
Thanks
I haven’t tested it out yet. You can see I have 3 hooks on the top. Pretty sure, with the bungee tension as is, I could probably hang off of any hook. Ideally swing the arm out for more space to move around. The location shown in the photo though is out of the way and still useable.

Thanks
I haven’t tested it out yet. You can see I have 3 hooks on the top. Pretty sure, with the bungee tension as is, I could probably hang off of any hook. Ideally swing the arm out for more space to move around. The location shown in the photo though is out of the way and still useable.
Good deal. Probably a few hours wrapped up in it. Looks like the back legs of a Concept rower, so that could easily roll.

Thanks
This looks fantastic mate great job you have the same double end bag as me it seems less let me know how you find the set up once you have used it a bit but it looks great

Does anyone know the ideal camber angle on a SSB? I'm thinking about making one.

Does anyone know the ideal camber angle on a SSB? I'm thinking about making one.
I checked out the specs on four of them and the list the following:

Titan: Camber drop 22 degrees

REP: Camber drop 5.5"

BoS: Camber angle 22 degrees

Rogue: 5.5" on center sleeve drop from shaft

Rep has a nice little diagram under the product dimension section on the page that shows all of the measurements. They also have the longest bar of the bunch

https://repfitness.com/products/safety-squat-bar

That makes them all near identical. Did a compare and a 6 inch slope is 22.5 degrees.
And by doing a compare , I typed that shit in a google bar.

That makes them all near identical. Did a compare and a 6 inch slope is 22.5 degrees.
And by doing a compare , I typed that shit in a google bar.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think the angle and drop are completely different things.
Angle is the weight position relative to the angle of the pads.
Drop is just the offset of the weight.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the angle and drop are completely different things.
Angle is the weight position relative to the angle of the pads.
Drop is just the offset of the weight.
Makes sense. good learning.

I checked out the specs on four of them and the list the following:

Titan: Camber drop 22 degrees

REP: Camber drop 5.5"

BoS: Camber angle 22 degrees

Rogue: 5.5" on center sleeve drop from shaft

Rep has a nice little diagram under the product dimension section on the page that shows all of the measurements. They also have the longest bar of the bunch

https://repfitness.com/products/safety-squat-bar
Revisiting this now.

What makes the ideal camber angle? I assume it's not the same for everyone as the bar will sit differently based on pad size, body dimensions, etc.

Do you want the camber to sit perpendicular to the floor when standing in an upright position?
Or do you want the camber to sit perpendicular to the floor at some point in the middle of the squat (ie with your torso leaning forward)?

I think I will make this bar in a three piece construction so that I can test the angle out on my body before doing the final weld.

Revisiting this now.

What makes the ideal camber angle? I assume it's not the same for everyone as the bar will sit differently based on pad size, body dimensions, etc.

Do you want the camber to sit perpendicular to the floor when standing in an upright position?
Or do you want the camber to sit perpendicular to the floor at some point in the middle of the squat (ie with your torso leaning forward)?

I think I will make this bar in a three piece construction so that I can test the angle out on my body before doing the final weld.
I've never really thought about the camber being perpendicular to the floor before. There were times when I probably pushed the handles up near the bottom of a squat which may have made it perpendicular, but my only thought was it made it easier for me. Always read not to do that though as fighting against being pushed forward was one of the benefits of the SSB.

Interesting to look back at the angles of the different bars though. I owned a BoS bar and I recently got to use the Titan SSB. Both advertise the same angle, but the Titan easily stayed on my back without touching the handles. The BoS never did, but that may have been because of the pad size that you mentioned. Sorry none of that really answered your question, but I think you are on to something with the three piece test method.

I haven't used a SSB for close to 15 years. The one I tried was incredibly uncomfortable, probably didn't have any camber angle at all. Or maybe I used it backwards lol

Titan and BoS advertise as 22 degrees I believe
I read EliteFTS yoke is 30 degrees

You on the verge of temping a transformer bar. Fab up a barbell with a guide rod and make the sleeve attachment with adjustable dial to put it on different cambers.

Back