• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Bryce Mitchell: I choked a doe to death in hunt - with help from MMA coach on phone

Yeah that’s a load of shit. No way do you sneak up on a doe close enough to get a choke on

If he said he choked a wounded deer in death throes after a shot rather than cutting its neck to finish it off then I’d have believed that, but not this crock of shit

also what kind of able bodied pussy man uses a crossbow? What a bitch. They’re for the elderly and handicapped. Use an upright bow if you want to hunt archery season or stick to gun season with the casuals.
I dont mind this stance on crossbows
He is indeed able bodied to wield a real bow. calling him a pussy for that is fair play.
I just cant co sign on the it was wrong how dare he claims

Man people in here firing off their state regulations as if they apply everywhere.

- crossbow rules differ by state
- many still only allow it for handicap hunters
- a lot allow them during archery now whether handicap or not, though
- crossbows are gaining popularity because they are accurate, easy, etc

I still prefer my compound bow, but know plenty of guys that have made the switch.

Last edited:
want to know how the animals you eat lived?

I assure you a choked out deer had a better death than the entire life of the dozen chickens that were farm raised and factory slaughtered for you to eat a few dozen wings

Grow up in the country and worked on a chicken farm ...

do you realize how fuckin' stupid your assumptions are?

NEXT LEVEL idiocy.

It is not "brave" or "skilled" choking out a deer.

It is fuckin' poser shit. Bet any money Bryce posed for a photo after.

<WhatItIs>

Last edited:
At first, I thought he was confessing to a mercy kill of a wounded deer. But after reading more carefully, I see it's just a yarn. Maybe he has bad taste in jokes, but that's the worst reaction he deserves for this story.
it really does seem like he's fucking around - no one would tape on a scope, no matter how dumb they are lol

These people calling Bryce a pussy for claiming to choke a deer are comical. These are the same potatoes that call hunters pussies for using guns and say dumb crap like they should use their bare hands.....dude uses his bare hands and people still cry like girls.peta-animals.gif

I'm nearly 50 and lived in the most redneck of redneck areas my entire life. Never once heard of anyone trying to seriously hunt with a crossbow. I'm not saying you're wrong, I've just never heard of it.
I've hunted with a crossbow. But for the most part, it's older guys with shoulder problems that can't pull a bow back anymore that use them.

I think it's funny some people consider hunting a sport.

Deers can't shoot back and shooting them while they're chilling is the equivalent of a sucker punch.

I'm all for killing for food, but not for a fraudulent sport.

Was this before or after he drilled a hole in his own balls?
That was a great story and its awesome that he actually admitted that...........humility is a great trait to have. It still hurts thinking about that and I remember when he told these stories years ago on Theos Podcast.

Deers can't shoot back and shooting them while they're chilling is the equivalent of a sucker punch.

If soccer or basketball are considered sports then Hunting rightfully should be deemed as a sport as well.

Good thing he caught it before it ran off the edge of the earth.

"Gravity ain't real, gravity ain't real, gravity ain't real Bisping", our load and savior's voice, Bryce MItchell.

quiet-elmer.gif

I can’t believe people think this story is real. You don’t call in a deer for 2 hours for one thing. You’re also not climbing out of a tree and sneaking up on one while it’s sleeping, especially after taking a shot and missing.
I've never called a doe in my entire life, but I guess some people might? Idk. We don't put effort into doe here, they're guaranteed if you want one.

The whole thing sounds like bullshit for sure, I am always stealthy in the woods but have never not woken a sleeping deer well before I could jump on it to choke it.

I've also tried to handle deer that have been injured (hit by car) and I honestly doubt he could hold the thing down unless it was a baby.

The broken/taped on sights thing just piss me off though, that's just a recipe for torture.

A decent amount of people in Pennsylvania use crossbows they are pretty wicked. I'm not a fan of any bow hunting i used to live on 160 acres with lots of deer and during rifle season we would always find a couple dead deer with arrows stuck in them. Bryces story seems pretty unbelievable. He missed the deer how many times and it didn't run.... Also sneaking up on it while getting instructions seems odd. Not sure what coach can tell you properly how to choke out a deer?

I think it's funny that some people consider hunting just a simple matter of walking out and taking a shot. You're clearly clueless on the topic, and that's OK, but you shouldn't judge things you clearly don't understand.

Hunting is great but there is hunting and then there is getting out on the wild lands of America hunting. Trudging miles in elevation. That is a sport. That requires conditioning and training. Some fat dude walking out to a corn field with a tree line doesn't qualify. Source, know lots of fat ass hunters.

Back