Brutal boxing mismatch

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This can probably be posted in the boxing subforum but more people will see it here (it can be moved too), but look at this (timestamped):

This lady was a mom who is 42 who basically fought no one. How do you even sanction this fight? Crazy.

The commentator did have a funny line towards the end though:

"If you ever wonder, watching at home. "How would I do if they threw me in the ring with a professional?" That's what you'd look like."

oh Dang...

Nice match making?

iu

I've seen punching bags with more life than that girl. Saw that live - brutal.

Glad she is okay but she needs to retire. Can you believe that she was the champ going in.

This is common in women's combat sports because the pool is so shallow. For the most part a skilled male fighter is gonna fight another skilled fighter. In women's sports you may have a beast fighting a soccer mom who took intramural Tae Kwon Do at her community college (once a week because she had class the other day).

This is how all of Ronda Rousey's fights looked before Holly.

I once got matched with a killer of a WW, even though I was LW. Was the mma debut for both, although he was like 10-2 in muay thai.
I declined the generous offer.

He ended up fighting another MT guy coming down from MW and KOED him in 7 seconds.

Doesn’t matter, mismatch or not Sherdog has taught me Boxers get paid millions. That woman that got knocked out made more than the entire Fight Island card fighters.

This is common in women's combat sports because the pool is so shallow. For the most part a skilled male fighter is gonna fight another skilled fighter. In women's sports you may have a beast fighting a soccer mom who took intramural Tae Kwon Do at her community college (once a week because she had class the other day).

This is how all of Ronda Rousey's fights looked before Holly.
People keep saying that, but she fought Meisha twice and Cat (when Cat was still a decent fighter)

Legitimate prospect vs soccer mom.

What could possibly go wrong??

Back