Brown and Silva took home more than $60K each, where are the payscale whiners at now?

How many months he trained for that fight? There goes your money on gym fees , training partners, food , living costs, etc.....

How many months he trained for that fight? There goes your money on gym fees , training partners, food , living costs, etc.....

His fees at best were $5K, and that's being generous.

A guy like Matt Brown needs a month of training at best.

$100 gym membership at UFC (which is prob comped considering he fights for the UFC). So that leaves training partners, which run about $20-$50 an hour, depending on the talent.

Food and living costs, lol.

$60K ain't all that, considering what those guys left in the cage. Not when you subtract taxes, trainer fees, and manager fees.

$60K ain't all that, considering what those guys left in the cage. Not when you subtract taxes, trainer fees, and manager fees.

If he fights two times a year, he will make more than 90% of people in Ohio.

More than RN's, Office Manager's, Teachers, Police Officers.

That's damn good living if you ask me.

One day the UFC fighters will make as much as womens tennis. Lets look at what upcoming tennis star Simona Halep did this week. She entered Madrid open and lost in the final.

Rd64 she made 8.75k
Rd32 17k
R16 33k
Quarter finals 70k
Semi finals 149k
Runners up 313k

So this is not even a grand slam and she made 590k for playing a tournament that lasted about 5 days. Im sure the UFC fans boys will say there is alot more money in womens tennis lol. the difference between the ufc and other sports is % of the income the sports people get. Alot of sports half of all revenue go to the players and the other half everything else. I would love to know the % of revenue the fighters get from the UFC

His fees at best were $5K, and that's being generous.

A guy like Matt Brown needs a month of training at best.

$100 gym membership at UFC (which is prob comped considering he fights for the UFC). So that leaves training partners, which run about $20-$50 an hour, depending on the talent.

Food and living costs, lol.

You think he pays $100 for a gym membership to take a couple of classes like the rest of us? No, he's paying top trainers for their private time. Striking coaches, grappling coaches, strength and conditioning, maybe nutritionist. It costs more than you think.

That 60k is for him and his managers, trainers, and sparring partners. Your training camp doesn't work for free.

There are a lot of operational costs to subtract from that 60k, and that's probably after taxes.

Not really. Subtract everyone elses cut of that. Consider they don't have insurance, or a retirement plan, etc.. Cost of medical bills. Compare it to other sports. Pretty bad actually. And most fighters on the card made even less. This is why the best athletes choose other sports if the can.

Well if the 20 other fighters on the card put on a good show and win the crowd, then they'll get a raise come time to renegotiate their contract.

In the meantime they're payed less than a first year AFL recruit who plays for the seconds in a game which might not even be televised on my 22 million people island.

You think he pays $100 for a gym membership to take a couple of classes like the rest of us? No, he's paying top trainers for their private time. Striking coaches, grappling coaches, strength and conditioning, maybe nutritionist. It costs more than you think.

Please don't talk to a trainer about training cost.

Unless he's going to a rip-off trainer **cough cough Greg Jackson cough**, his entire training is less than $3K.

That said, if the trainer is a gambling man, he could have a deal cut where they take a percentage of his purse, including bonuses, for a lesser up front amount.

the difference between the ufc and other sports is % of the income the sports people get. Alot of sports half of all revenue go to the players and the other half everything else. I would love to know the % of revenue the fighters get from the UFC

This

Brown made $160k plus sponsorship.

Good night's work for the 'unloved and unheralded'.

In the meantime they're payed less than a first year AFL recruit who plays for the seconds in a game which might not even be televised on my 22 million people island.

And thus, why the AFL will never become anything.

The fact that you consider that to be good money just goes to show how low the standards in MMA have become.

Brown made $160k plus sponsorship.

Good night's work for the 'unloved and unheralded'.

Another annoying thing. No other sport counts sponsorship as part of wages. when you read about a players wage....thats what the organisation pays him. Why do MMA fans always bring up sponsorship as part of what the UFC is paying the fighter?

Now take out taxes, management/camp percentages....left with somewhere around the $36,000 range give or take...and probably more take. They have to pay for having a cut man too. I'm sure there's a handful of small expenses along with everything else.

This is what mid tier guys should be getting in my opinion. Headlining any card should come with a notch up in pay, including headlining prelims. Which would mean every fighter on ppv main card should have an increase as well.

I'm for every fighter negotiating their wages, but I also think their should be increases based off where you fit on a card and type of card (fox sports, fox, ppc), regardless of your base pay.

If he fights two times a year, he will make more than 90% of people in Ohio.

More than RN's, Office Manager's, Teachers, Police Officers.

That's damn good living if you ask me.

RNs, manages, teachers, police officers can all keep doing their job after they turn 40. Plus, their jobs don't affect their health as much as fighters.

What's your job in the UFC?

Back