Brown and Silva took home more than $60K each, where are the payscale whiners at now?

Please don't talk to a trainer about training cost.

Unless he's going to a rip-off trainer **cough cough Greg Jackson cough**, his entire training is less than $3K.

That said, if the trainer is a gambling man, he could have a deal cut where they take a percentage of his purse, including bonuses, for a lesser up front amount.

I'm sure high level coaches would charge more than 3k for a 8 week camp! I'm not sure what a dragonclaw mma coach makes lol!!

What we need to keep in mind that 1. Mma fighters have 10 years to make money and 5 of those years are spent breaking through! If ur successful enough to crack the elite levels it will pay off! But it a gamble! That money also has to last you way past your fighting days!

Saying that though the ufc only discloses how much pay they want to pay tax on! They also get more money under the table from the ufc! We simply don't have the info to know whether their getting paid well! I wonder how much money fighters on boxing undercard a get? I'm sure there on par with ufc! It's only the top 10 boxers in the world making great money!!

If they're lucky they'll retire in their late 30s. Then they have to start fresh somewhere else.

When I'm in my late 30s, I'll make much more than what I make now because I'll have more contacts and more experience. And if i'm lucky, I'll continue to grow productively till I'm 60 and retire.

That's the difference between the sports world and the business world.

There's a reason Mike Tyson's broke and taking anything he can get these days.

Chris Leben made a lot of money. He's broke today as well. In his words "I have nothing to show for it". That shit's deep.

But even so, if they made 60,000 they'd be left with like 10,000 if they're lucky. Tim Kennedy breaks it down well. Should go look for that article.

this fighter pay stuff is fucking stupid, but here's a thought:

don't look at the main eventers, the big stars, prospects nor the unknown undercard fighters when it comes to pay. Instead, look how much mid-level fighters are making. Those are the numbers that give the most insight on what an average UFC fighter makes.

You think he pays $100 for a gym membership to take a couple of classes like the rest of us? No, he's paying top trainers for their private time. Striking coaches, grappling coaches, strength and conditioning, maybe nutritionist. It costs more than you think.

lol ...you can bet he does. The guy is a retard. He prolly thinks Pettis trains at Tiger Schulmann's.

I mean let's be honest here, it's not like anyone else on that show was making diddly squat so there was enough to pay these 2 guys that much

lol at you thinking thats good money for guys in or almost in the top 10 of a pro sport with ppv and network deals.

After taxes, training, rent/mortgage, they aren't left with much.

It's income, not profits. It's not good when compared to most other sports. It's not good when compared to Zuffa's profits. And last but not least, the most important complaints on fighter pay aren't concerned with the pay of main eventers.

the complaints arent a the maineventers. The complaints are for the guys making $8k. and in bellator making $1K

For headlining an event, that is crap.

Also without the sponsorship tax by Zuffa, they'd take even more home via sponsors.

TS, go suck Dana's dick some more aka come up with a better idea

the complaints arent a the maineventers. The complaints are for the guys making $8k. and in bellator making $1K

Understand Bellator $1k not that big of org and they give their fighters chance to enter $100k tourney

Way too much discussion on what other people make.

Funny how Matt and Erik aren't complaining...

In fact, the only ones who seem to complain are the ones who blow it all.

Personally could care less what any professional athlete makes. 10k - 10'000'000. It's entertainment, not an essential service.

Really, you don't care? You know guys having a title shot with only $20k to show, can't afford a high level training camp, right? Pay affects how much and how well one can train. So don't play coy here buddy.

Lets not talk about Floyd.
Amir Khan made $1.5 Million for his most recent fight on Floyd's under card.

$60K for the fight alone - with sponsorship money it'll be more like $100K, or close to it.

That sounds like damn good money to me.

With one more fight this year for each, that'll for sure put them over the 6 figure salary mark.

If a fighter goes out there and puts on a good show and wins the crowd, they are rewarded heavily. If they suck, they are paid crap, what they deserve.

factor in that half of his 60k was not guaranteed, that he wasn't being paid for 9 months (since his last fight), and the short career life with great physical risk....Pretty low pay compared to the revenue the UFC generates.

Im sure brown got a nice backstage bonus for that performance, he made the night

the fuck .Brown has 7 fight win streak and has been exciting in every fight... and all finishes...

he's underpaid if silva is making same base...

fighting 5 cans and two legit.... give him a top 10 and he is toast...

You are assuming that they make 100k on sponsors, and I believe that main event fighters should be making more than 60k, sorry.

Are you retarded? This is nothing for a high level professional athlete.

Back