Brown and Silva took home more than $60K each, where are the payscale whiners at now?

And thus, why the AFL will never become anything.

Are you serious or just trolling?

It's a local fucking sport, it's about as likely to go global as the NFL whose superbowl is watched by a paltry two million people outside the US.

Yet it still pays better than a sport that the promoter has claimed is bigger globally than the NFL.

If you're in my country you'd be far better off playing in our little bush league than the supposed global sports juggernaught that's going head to head with soccer.

Yeah, it's great their making more. How does that somehow shame people that have called for them to get paid more?

You're confused, TS. This is a victory for "whiners" not a failure.

Another annoying thing. No other sport counts sponsorship as part of wages. when you read about a players wage....thats what the organisation pays him. Why do MMA fans always bring up sponsorship as part of what the UFC is paying the fighter?

Because many sherdoggers (and MMA fans in general) hate success, but love to disparage those who cheer for good paydays. And endlessly obnoxious, is the fact that they have no problem with owners and broadcast CEOs making billions off these men and women who put their bodies on the line.

Are you serious or just trolling?

It's a local fucking sport, it's about as likely to go global as the NFL whose superbowl is watched by a paltry two million people outside the US.

Yet it still pays better than a sport that the promoter has claimed is bigger globally than the NFL.

If you're in my country you'd be far better off playing in our little bush league than the supposed global sports juggernaught that's going head to head with soccer.

OK, we were talking different organizations here.

I'm referring to the Arena Football League, you, probably the Australian Football League.

wow, they're loaded.

i mean, this is before backroom bonuses as well.

60k for taking years off your life not to mention brain damage?

The fact that you think $60,000 is a lot of money to headline means the UFC has your mind completely twisted. Pathetic.

60k for taking years off your life not to mention brain damage?

Shhhhhhhhhhh, we don't count that or training time. You're supposed to just pretend that they get $4,800 per minute and that's it.

Please don't talk to a trainer about training cost.

Unless he's going to a rip-off trainer **cough cough Greg Jackson cough**, his entire training is less than $3K.

That said, if the trainer is a gambling man, he could have a deal cut where they take a percentage of his purse, including bonuses, for a lesser up front amount.

Are you high? You think Matt Brown only had 5k in expenses in terms of training? Are you for real?

100k minus taxes, agent fees, training fees, nutrition fees, and travelling fees. You consider that good money? You realize there are benchwarmers in soccer's top leagues that get paid over 100k a WEEK (not including sponsorships) right? They also don't have to put their life on the line inside of a cage.

You shouldn't bring soccer in as a comparison, the sport is the single biggest in the world and even individual nations leagues dwarf the UFC globally. The pay in that sport is ludicrous.

Not all 'pro' athletes are paid the same across different sports, and that's fora variety of reasons. On the whole, the UFC pays as well or better than boxing, which it is so often compared to. So long as a fighter who fights 3-4 times a year earns a solid income (relative to where they live/train) then I don't see a reason to complain on their behalf.

OK, we were talking different organizations here.

I'm referring to the Arena Football League, you, probably the Australian Football League.

Yeah but you're getting the point right?

The AFL is so small even when I mentioned my island you didn't put the two and two together that it was Aussie Football that I was talking about.

Yet you get paid better playing for the seconds as a first year draftee than you do for a supposed sporting super power.

If I was an 18 year old kid and had an opportunity to get drafted into the AFL or get a contract with the UFC it'd be a no brainer.

That's shit pay for a company that says it's bigger than the NFL. There's no ifs or buts about it. You can't claim to be bigger globally than the NFL while paying less than the AFL and not be ripping off fighters.

Two of the three yes but all three? No.

Not all 'pro' athletes are paid the same across different sports, and that's for a variety of reasons. On the whole, the UFC pays as well or better than boxing, which it is so often compared to.

Last time I checked any sport that is near the popularity of the UFC is getting paid MUCH better. Busch series and NASCAR PIT CREW members make $40-75k per year. Lacrosse make $18-25k per year.

Both of these sports we're talking the top 0.1% to 1% of the athletes that perform in that sport. UFC fighters are ABSOLUTELY the top 0.1% that perform professionally. And the vast majority of UFC fighters make under $40k per year even before taxes.

In DW theory (the just bleed shite), Brown should get millions..

Well if the 20 other fighters on the card put on a good show and win the crowd, then they'll get a raise come time to renegotiate their contract.

If everyone got a bonus, then it wouldn't be one, would it?

Not all 'pro' athletes are paid the same across different sports, and that's fora variety of reasons. On the whole, the UFC pays as well or better than boxing, which it is so often compared to. So long as a fighter who fights 3-4 times a year earns a solid income (relative to where they live/train) then I don't see a reason to complain on their behalf.
Pacquiao (who's not even the biggest star in boxing) makes more per fight than Jones and Aldo (the 2 P4P best) make in a year combined. Please stop saying nonsense like that. Boxers make more. That's a fact. And you should probably complain on their behalf because future generations won't bother with MMA if they can get better money elsewhere.

Also, I like how OP mentions that Silva took 60k which is a lot of money. That beating he took is worth a lot more than 60k. That won't even cover the doctor's costs (I know they have insurance, I'm just saying)!

Another annoying thing. No other sport counts sponsorship as part of wages. when you read about a players wage....thats what the organisation pays him. Why do MMA fans always bring up sponsorship as part of what the UFC is paying the fighter?

Cause the other guys bring up there training, food, manager fees....

that's awful shit money lmfao can't believe they put up with this shit

Way too much discussion on what other people make.

Funny how Matt and Erik aren't complaining...

In fact, the only ones who seem to complain are the ones who blow it all.

Personally could care less what any professional athlete makes. 10k - 10'000'000. It's entertainment, not an essential service.

A 3.5 billion company lol.

I doubt they even pay $30 million to all UFC Fighters combined in a year, yet Mayweather does that in one fight.

It's fucking pathetic.

Back