Brock Lesnar destroyed legit fighters after a few weeks of MMA training ... thats impressive.

Brock Lesnar the fighter with the most gift wrapped title shots in the history of MMA.

Being able to freely juice for years seems like an advantage not a disadvantage
490737221_wide.jpg

Y’all can’t see bait for shit

Ubereem,Cain & Carwin never fought 100% healthy Lesnar.
100% Leaner was apparently getting choked out by Matt Hughes easily at Pat Miletechs

"We rolled around and right away I could see why he thought about getting into fighting. The wrestling background let him get into pretty good position and keep it. But he still left openings experienced fighters wouldn’t. Within five minutes I had his arms wrapped around his neck in a rear naked choke. Brock stood up and it was just like when I choked out Frank Trigg for the first time. Then he fell backwards with all his strength to try to dislodge me, and the force of a man one hundred pounds heavier than I was slammed me into the mat. It didn’t really hurt, but it must have looked like horse kicking off a rider at a rodeo. I kept up the choke and Brock tapped. “Hey, we don’t do that here!” Pat yelled out to him. “You could have broken Matt’s rib or something.” “You’re right, you’re right,” Brock said quickly. “You okay?” “I’m fine”, I told him, taking his hand and getting up. “Hey it’s good when someone makes you tap. The more you tap in here, the less you’ll get caught when you’re in the octagon you know?” But for whatever reason, Brock stopped coming to Bettendorf and rolling with us.”

He beat Mir once an would have tbe first time of not for a rookie mistake , he beat Randy granted the huge size advantage but Randy still a great, came back from a beating to sub Carwin when not healthy. Came back from years lay off n beats Hunt.

Brock left WWE 2 years before MMA debut, during which he had 5 or so matches in NJPW and some tryouts and a few preseason NFL games. He wasn't a "team player", if you will.

Also, nobody trains for 2 years then smashes down Frank Mir, Heath Herring, and Randy. Followed by weathering Carwin's best at 50% and winning anyway, proving himself an iron chin. That's the Carwin who KO'd people in under a minute. A real killer. How many times had Carwin popped before and after Brock fight? Likewise, Ubereem was on the "horse meat juice" and popped but his win wasn't overturned and it should've been. Unlike Hunt, Brock didn't campaign for 2 years to get it changed, crying that he could've been murdered by Reem Rage on steroids - he ate the loss with dignity. He didn't give hundreds of negative interviews.

Y'all gotta respect.

Brock left the WWE the first time in 2004 and openly stated he was going to try for a MMA career in early 2006 signing a development deal with FEG after the failed NFL career, I suspect he'd been doing some MMA training even before that.

You look back earlier in MMA history and actually a lot of fighters(like Randy) came into MMA far greener than Brock did. Whats actually shifted over the last decade is that fighters often have to work a lot harder to get signed so spend much longer fighting lower level opposition in smaller orgs than they did back in the day.

Matchups make fight.

Any top Wrestler could win fight in the UFC against guys who are vulnerable to a top wrestler.

Any top bjj guy could win fights in the UFC against guys vulnerable to BJJ.

And so on.

His quick path to a title shot was the only reason he won a title. Had he been forced to win more fights like any other contender his weaknesses would have been exposed earlier and he would have been derailed in a contender bout.

But Yes Brock is a freak. Just fighting in and around the top 5, where he rightly belonged made him one. He also picked up bjj skills quickly.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>
Lesnar had diverticulitis you noobs
Goes for all of you. All your favs are on roids

Last edited:
Brock was 106-5 in college wrestling, that is a pretty solid base on its own. Then he trained BJJ.

but he was (for at least 6-10 years) a WWE wrestler.

Guys like DC, Yoel literally went to MMA after their wrestling career.
Taking nothing away from his achievement, imagine if he had to go through the usual 5-6 fights before getting a title shot rather than being gifted one as a 1-1 fighter in the UFC.

Chances are he may never have touched gold

But he did and fair play to him, he took the opportunity given to him

kurt angle said he would never wrestle him again, cuz hes a beast/nightmare.
Correct me if im wrong but i once saw a video kurt saying they did wrestle and he always got the better against lesnar

It is ashamed that he got diverticulitis. The original Brock Lesnar would have dominated the HW division for a while with GOAT possibilities. He came back from the medical problem as a lesser fighter and was still competitive though he was in bigger need of better MMA skills in this version.

How many guys training for over a year actually get to carry the belt? Brock is a machine.

At HW? I guess there could be a few - especially giving that Randy was champ (a real small HW). If you take pro NFL player with the same pedigree in wrestling and train him for a year he might as well beat somebody like Randy at the time.

At HW? I guess there could be a few - especially giving that Randy was champ (a real small HW). If you take pro NFL player with the same pedigree in wrestling and train him for a year he might as well beat somebody like Randy at the time.

Your guess is what it is, a guess. Brock actually made it. Cormier is still smaller than a lot of guys he faced, did he lost? No.

Size + Wrestling will always work in a fight. Lesnar had tons of both plus crazy athleticism. Just look at Blaydes. Dude relies on size + wrestling and is a top HW.

Back