International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

LOL at rewrite.

I have been convinced of this, but I am getting more convinced by the hour. The strongest threat and negotiation lever the UK has is no Brexit. It would screw up the EU in a massive way (and the EP elections in particular).

So now Britain wants to renegotiate. Smdh. Fuck that shit. You made your own bed.

The british at least have a talent for making comedy out of a complete trainwreck:

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-tweets-mps-cant-delete-shown-on-billboards-11609810

skynews-liam-fox-brexit-tweets_4548852.jpg

skynews-michael-gove-brexit_4548848.jpg

And

Absolute brilliant speech in the parliament some weeks ago:

One thing I have always envyed is the culture of the british parliament, it feels so alive compared to the boring technocratic parliaments in e.g. my country.

Bonus:

Absolute brilliant speech in the parliament some weeks ago:

Great stuff.

One thing I have always envyed is the culture of the british parliament, it feels so alive compared to the boring technocratic parliaments in e.g. my country.

Well yeah, but there also is a reason many parliaments have placed a focus on work over debate (or substance over style).

This Brexit disaster shows the results.

There are two kinds of European nations. There are small nations and there are countries that have not yet realized they are small nations.
- Kristian Jensen, Denmark's Finance Minister, in June 2017

Still relevant

One thing I have always envyed is the culture of the british parliament, it feels so alive compared to the boring technocratic parliaments in e.g. my country.]
really? I find it pompous and a fucking charade

this is the Tories tactically trying to manipulate public outrage from them onto the EU. They know the EU wont re-negotiate so when no deal goes through and the shit hits the fan they can turn around and blame everything on the EU.

This could lead to war

this is the Tories tactically trying to manipulate public outrage from them onto the EU. They know the EU wont re-negotiate so when no deal goes through and the shit hits the fan they can turn around and blame everything on the EU.

This could lead to war

We are well versed in war

We will win

Well yeah, but there also is a reason many parliaments have placed a focus on work over debate (or substance over style).

This Brexit disaster shows the results.

really? I find it pompous and a fucking charade

Well, you know, the grass is always greener and all that..
Perhaps it is a charade with no substance, but it is damn entertaining. I'm simple minded like that.

Try staying awake through a debate in the danish parliament, that's an impossible feat.

We are well versed in war

We will win
Oh look, its that unique brand of English/British arrogance I mentioned earlier in this thread.

People with this mindset are the problem

Well, you know, the grass is always greener and all that..
Perhaps it is a charade with no substance, but it is damn entertaining. I'm simple minded like that.

Try staying awake through a debate in the danish parliament, that's an impossible feat.

as long as they get shit done Id rather a more modern and less up its own arse version of parliament

EU embarrassed UK today telling them you need to sit down and talk to each other and then tell us what you want. Amazing how much of amateurs UK politicians are.

Hard to conceive how this can be resolved really. Anything that could be done to change the backstop (time limit, right to cancel the agreement unilaterally) has already been discussed ad nauseam in the negotiations.

At the same time: hard Brexit means hard border, the very thing the backstop seeks to avoid.

Oh look, its that unique brand of English/British arrogance I mentioned earlier in this thread.

People with this mindset are the problem

We will ride into your village on horseback, rape your women, slay your children and plunder your gold

You will sit and watch like the sjw wimp you are

We will ride into your village on horseback, rape your women, slay your children and plunder your gold

You will sit and watch like the sjw wimp you are
you will do nothing. The UK cant stand against the combined forces of the EU. Plus Scotland will not be dragged into war by some retarded English idea of exceptionalism.

If anything we'll unite with the Auld alliance and help them fuck you bitches up

Back